Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-17-2004, 11:20 PM   #1
DallasFan1980

DallasFan1980 is on a distinguished road
Default Steve Nash

I know everyone wanted him gone for that money but IMO this team would be much better with him.
Dirk needs him more then he thought he did.
DallasFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2004, 11:41 PM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Steve Nash

I'm glad someone finally brought this up.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Steve Nash

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Greatness.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:16 AM   #4
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Nash's 0.9 steals per game was hurting badly... how many times last year did Bibby or Parker just plain eat up Nash? We lost to the Kings by what...4, 3, then 2? A couple defensive stops and we're on to the next round. We have perimeter defenders now, and a legitamite center... let him have his little run n gun fun in Phoenix...they are going to have the problems we've had in the past.....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:43 AM   #5
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

of course we would be better with him for the short term. this was a decision for the long term, better bite the bullet now before dirk gets older and out of his prime, instead of maxing out nash and then having an old, high paid knick-like team in 3 years.
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:54 AM   #6
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

Or you could say that our mediocre defense couldve failed and our points wouldve been alot less and still lose. <grin>
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 01:26 AM   #7
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

let's all wait five years and see who has won a ring or two by then...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:29 AM   #8
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Nash was awesome tonight against the Sonics. They were down by 7 or so when he came back into the game and he created for everyone and the Suns won. Mostly due to Nash. He can do that. He is an incredible offensive force, and I miss that. BUT, he does tend to wear down as the season goes on. The media considered the Mavs a joke. A regular season abberation. Lets wait and see what happens to the Suns as the season goes on. Lets wait and see if two years from now the Suns are reeling under salary cap restrictions because of their overpaid PG.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:22 AM   #9
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

I would take Kidd over Nash anyday.
If a trade for Kidd went down,i would say we were favorites to win the title,even if SA signed Malone.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:00 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
thank you Berni...you made me smile

should this thread, "Have it's head lopped off!" ?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:26 PM   #11
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Nash's 0.9 steals per game was hurting badly... how many times last year did Bibby or Parker just plain eat up Nash? We lost to the Kings by what...4, 3, then 2? A couple defensive stops and we're on to the next round. We have perimeter defenders now, and a legitamite center... let him have his little run n gun fun in Phoenix...they are going to have the problems we've had in the past.....
Can you guys stop trashing Nash? Nash helped Mavs to get that 60W and ran to the WCF that year. What more do you want from Nash? How many teams did not get to the Final? Nash has helped the team from being mediocre to elite and all I hear is Nash sucks in the end and fades away in the playoff.

If you want to blame, blame Nelson's system. Nash was terrific but he has no backup PG and NOBODY, I mean nobody on the team can make a decent pass. Look at Mavs now. There's no ball movement. Sure, it's all Nash's fault and not Dirk's, not Finely's, not whoever was on the team during the playoff time. Since nobody could make ball movement because NOBODY wants to make cuts (thanks to Nelson's system), Nash had to create chances for the team. Of course he wore down easily.

And please don't give me that Bibby > Nash, Parker > Nash BS. Bibby had a lot of passing guys on the team. Bibby's responsibility is 2x less than Nash. Nash was played like a DOG on Mavs team 'cause he literally has to create ALL the chances for Mavs. As for defense, Nash is pretty good on Suns now. Why? Because the whole team plays defense when they really need to. Last night is a great example. Mavs' defense sucked as a whole team and it's NOT just Nash and what do you expect from a guy that RUNS every time on the court for Mavs and a 6'3 short white, not particularly long-hand and atheltic guy?

Nash helped this team to get to the elite stats and in the end, he got out paid by Dampier who still can't figure out what he can do here. I would leave Mavs if I were Nash. Just like what Dirk said, if Mavs doesn't appreciate you being here, you might as well go somewhere that APPREICATES his greatness.

There are plenty of great players that didn't win championship. Malone and Stockston are great examples but you don't hear Jazz fans keep trashing them. They were so well respected. But not Nash.... whenever Mavs fails, it's Nash's fault.

This is sickening me.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #12
bgantz

steve nash wasn't worth the money
Old 12-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #13
jopace

jopace is on a distinguished road

Be honest, is there a better point guard in the NBA right now?

Nash is proving how good he really is now, and very well may have been worth the money. In Dallas he passed to jump shooters. In Phoenix he's passing to dunkers and jump shooters.

Sure, he has his deficiencies on defense, but is there a better point guard in the league right now.

With Nash at point guard and Harris backing him up, Nash could have been saved for the playoffs, and would have been saved for the six years. He may not have started all six years, but he sure would have been a great back up to Harris, after teaching Harris how to run the offense.

Bad move letting Nash go. The Mavs still would have been a better defensive team with Damp, Josh and Daniels. Harris will develop into a good defensive point guard.

The Suns appear to be for real, and Nash is a big part of that.
jopace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:50 PM   #14
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Remember, Nash signed a MULTI year contract. If he can play out his contract at a high level, the Mavs made big error. If he only plays half of his contract at a high level, the Mavs made a good decision in the long run. You can't be short sighted about the decision. Everyone knew he would still be one of the VERY BEST PGs in the league this season. That was no secret. The only secret is his ability to be an elite PG for 6 more years ala GP (definitely fallen off but still starter quality at his age).
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #15
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: jopace
Be honest, is there a better point guard in the NBA right now?

Nash is proving how good he really is now, and very well may have been worth the money. In Dallas he passed to jump shooters. In Phoenix he's passing to dunkers and jump shooters.

Sure, he has his deficiencies on defense, but is there a better point guard in the league right now.

With Nash at point guard and Harris backing him up, Nash could have been saved for the playoffs, and would have been saved for the six years. He may not have started all six years, but he sure would have been a great back up to Harris, after teaching Harris how to run the offense.

Bad move letting Nash go. The Mavs still would have been a better defensive team with Damp, Josh and Daniels. Harris will develop into a good defensive point guard.

The Suns appear to be for real, and Nash is a big part of that.
I don't think Cuban would have signed Dampier if he had paid that type of money to keep Nash. So in effect the choice was Nash or Dampier. If the Mavs kept Nash, they weren't going to improve from the team that got ousted in the first round last season by the Kings. They'd still have had zero interior defensive presence.

Granted, Dampier has had trouble adjusting to Nellie's system, and Nellie is so hung up on offensive production that he won't give Dampier 30 minutes per game, so right now it looks like the Mavs made the wrong choice. But just have some patience, and when the playoffs role around and the Mavs have a seven-game series with the Spurs, Kings or Twolves, the team will be happy to have Dampier on the roster. Of course this year there is the distinct possibility that the Sonics and Suns make the playoffs as high seeds, and neither of those teams has a particularly strong post player that Dampier can guard (although he'd be better on Amare than Dirk).

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:13 PM   #16
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

This has already been brought up a bunch of times. Dirk scored 53 points without nash. Yeah we'd all be better with nash but what's done is done. Let's move on. As i said it's been brought up a bunch of times already.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:04 AM   #17
veryclueless

veryclueless is on a distinguished road

So far in this season i would rather have offered the huge contract to Nash than to Dampier. In nash we have a sure thing but in Dampier it was always a risk that he would fit into Nellie's system. I can't argue that we have some defensive presence because of Dampier but so far he definately isn't worth the money he is making. He should be contributing much more for what he is paid, maybe my expectation are high but we are all saying that had we offered the contract to nash we will be overpaying him but so far nash proved his worth. Nash might be a defensive liability but i believe with all the defensive pieces we have aqquired in would make up for nash shortcoming. In the long term we might suffer but nash can always come in to help out in our shooting depending on the game situation. I hope the situation changes because i wouldn't like to see in the future ,Dallas overpaying a centre that isn't able to contribute at all. There is still time to change and this could still be the right decision after all.
veryclueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:23 AM   #18
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Isn't it amazing that at many points over the last several years there has been a hue and cry that Nash is a weak link.

Now that he is performing well in Phoenix, the Nash lovefest begins.

As I recall, the team was playing four on five at the defensive end fo the floor when Nash was here.

There seemed to be many who were not overly thrilled by that aspect of Nash's game.

The grass is truly freener.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:15 AM   #19
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Well obviously those that weren't too thrilled were wrong. The grass was already green enough, and most of them are still too dumb or stubborn to realize it.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #20
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

I miss Steve Nash, although, you are agree: what is done it's done. We must continue.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure nash would say to all of his detractors. SCOREBOARD.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #22
jibikao

Yes, what's done is done. There's no doubt about that.

I didn't suggest Mavs should re-sign Nash or whatever but what got me pissed off is something like "Nash isn't worth it...", "Nash is the weakest link", "Nash fades away in playoffs"...blah blah blah.

BLAME Nelson. Damn it. How come Dampier hasn't been able to adjusted to the game? How come Nelson hasn't figured out how to control this team that is full of weapons?

I am glad when Nash went back to Dallas he got a lot of applouse from the audience because he deserves it.

Now, let's just see how Nelson can put this team together. It's already 20+ games into the season....

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
Old 12-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #23
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

The new hand-check enforcement is really helping guys like Nash... quick but without tons of strength. You no longer have to push your defender ahead of you to get into the lane... or anywhere else on the floor.

We all know how much trouble Nash is having getting wherever he or the ball needs to be ~

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #24
bgantz

all i know is that if nash had a 5-6 year contract from us....that means 5-6 yrs before devin harris can blossom into a starter. which is why i'm not a fan of trading for jason kidd because it's 6 yrs of devin being a backup when he could blossom into a very good nba point guard.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:59 PM   #25
WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy is on a distinguished road

It all comes down to timing.

Fin and Dirk were maxed out in the early years of the Cuban regime, when money was no object. Cuban's self-stated role was to "create revenue" to not lose anyone for fiscal reasons.

Cuban discovered the fiscal reality of the NBA about a year before Nash's contract year. He began sending out signals to those who would listen that "you don't max out a point guard", but that Steve would be paid fairly.

For all of us, including Steve, who may have bought into Cuban's early ill-advised braggadocio, this past summer brought us to the ground with a thud.

Who wants to be the first of the "Big Three" not maxed out? Especially, when you knew that you were the engine that made it all work.

WAB
Old 12-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #26
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: TwoDeep3
Isn't it amazing that at many points over the last several years there has been a hue and cry that Nash is a weak link.

Now that he is performing well in Phoenix, the Nash lovefest begins.

As I recall, the team was playing four on five at the defensive end fo the floor when Nash was here.

There seemed to be many who were not overly thrilled by that aspect of Nash's game.

The grass is truly freener.
The master of hindsight has spoken.

I´m so glad you crawl from beneath your rock now and then just to show us undeserving fools how wrong and stupid we are.

It makes you look pretty clever for sure...

Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #27
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

So fro m this post I have learned
Posters with less than 50 posts love Nash
Posters with more than 50 have moved on.
I will side with the veteran posters.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #28
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I think it was safe to assume Nash would have a good season. The real question is how long does he perform at a high level. But for how long does he play at an all-star level. I think that Dirk has been spectacular this season. Sure there have been some rough points in the road, but when he has been healthy he has played at an MVP level.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:20 AM   #29
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

You just can't compare Nash on the Suns now, to Nash on last years Mavs. Look at the athleticism and movement without the ball of the players he has to pass to in Phoenix.

tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #30
jibikao

Quote:
Originally posted by: tgfan
You just can't compare Nash on the Suns now, to Nash on last years Mavs. Look at the athleticism and movement without the ball of the players he has to pass to in Phoenix.
Exactly...look at how Mavs players move WITHOUT the ball. And you wonder why Nash only had 7ish assists. Nash is basically the same awesome player when he was in Mavs but the players in Suns MOVE. Mavs players would just stand there hoping Nash could create something. Nash can creat but not all the time when the other team is DETERMINED to shut down Nash. That's like everyone's first priority is to shut down Nash so Mavs has no ball-movement and fast breaks at all. Every team knows that. But did Mavs or Nelson tried to combat that? Hell no.

I still see no ball movement this year when we don't have a great passing PG. You can argue that when we have a great passing PG, you can rely on him to create something but now we don't and we STILL have bad ball-movement, bad passing and quite a few turnovers. I guess that's why Terry is not well liked by Nelson 'cause he is a scoring PG.

This is why I said the problem is NELSON...not Nash.

And about posting less than 50, dude, I just joined this board. I've been posting messages about Mavs since 2 years ago. I was on a Ezboard but I can't find that anymore after I lost the link.

Anyway, if Cuban was willing to let Nash go, I can't imagine him signing Kidd who is a lot more injury prone (not Nash!) and older... that's just contridicting isn't it? That will make Cuban look REALLY bad if Kidd still can't help the team. People will laugh at Cuban who letting Nash go and sign a (great) PG who is older and has injury problems.

Ever since they let Nick Van go, I have a feeling Cuban wants to over-haul the team's chemistry. Signing Walker and Jaimson is a great example.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
Old 12-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk needs him? Dirk is having the best year of his career so far without him.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:15 PM   #32
jibikao

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Dirk needs him? Dirk is having the best year of his career so far without him.
Only Team record will tell... so far:

Suns 21 - 3
Mavs 16 - 9

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
Old 12-20-2004, 03:51 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not talking about team record.....statistically Dirk is having the best year of his career so far.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:35 PM   #34
Martha1181

Martha1181 is on a distinguished road

Steve Nash is doing well for Phoenix, but he wouldn't have done as well for us.....We need Defensive players.....Nash isn't the best help there.
Martha1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #35
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Let's see what happens over the course of a full season including playoffs; right now, it's Nash 1, Cuban 0.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 05:50 PM   #36
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: bgantz
In five years when Nashie (the money grubbing whore that he is) is still putting up numbers like he is this season would you still say that? I'm guessing no. You could make a case for him having not only a career year, but also being a top 5 MVP candidate. He'll never win because of all the man love for Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, and Bron Bron swirling around out there, but he is responsible for the massive turnaround of his team.

I just hope he does'nt go all John Stockton on us and play till he's frickin' 40...then both we and Mark Cuban will be kicking ourselves.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rod1975
Quote:
Originally posted by: bgantz
In five years when Nashie (the money grubbing whore that he is) is still putting up numbers like he is this season would you still say that? I'm guessing no. You could make a case for him having not only a career year, but also being a top 5 MVP candidate. He'll never win because of all the man love for Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, and Bron Bron swirling around out there, but he is responsible for the massive turnaround of his team.

I just hope he does'nt go all John Stockton on us and play till he's frickin' 40...then both we and Mark Cuban will be kicking ourselves.
Don't forget Dirk as a candidate in there.

Old 12-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #38
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That would hurt.

I’m anxious to see Nash and Phoenix in the playoffs. More than any team in the league, The Suns are benefiting from the increased scrutiny on hand checking and physical play on the perimeter. It will be interesting to see if this style of officiating continues in the post season or, if playoff basketball continues to slow and physical. If it's the latter Nash and crew may be in a little trouble.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that little stevie does play until 40. I think it was a mistake but it wasn't my money and I don,t believe in telling folks how to spend their money. I'm still in the arena every night so I guess I'm still buying the product.

However another year like last year and I wouldn't have been. If cubes/little whistle want a revolving door they at least need to engage brain first. Last year was a cluster and we won't know about this year until the end of it.

If harris is starting and playing in the middle of the pack, it will be a good as his defense will be worlds above stevies. If Jason Terry is still playing like he is now we are toast.

I also believe that the team is built around dirk and they have moved in a more defensive minded direction. All of the folks who b****** about it for years should be up front and defend it. You know the team doesn't need more scoreres, just defenders. Well harris/terry are better defenders but not as accomplished offensively, gotta deal with it.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #40
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Mavs fans never miss any player until their gone.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote