Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #1
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default Dirk unhappy

From FOXSports.com

Quote:
You might want to stick another veteran on that list: Don Nelson; at least as long as his superstar keeps venting about the team not being ready to play. Dirk Nowitzki isn't happy about the Mavericks, who have already lost more games at home (six) than they did all of last season. "With this team, we can't be satisfied with the record we have and with the way we're playing,'' Nowitzki said. "We just can't settle for that. We got to be way better than that.
[quote]
"The record is all right, but in a lot of games we never played up to our potential. I think this team has a lot of potential and we're not really reaching it. So the next 25 games we got to do a lot better.''
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk unhappy

This just in: professional athletes don't like to lose.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

my complaint is that....he really isn't backing up his complaints by playing that well himself.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

So what wasn't expected? Most teams don't reach their potential, and players usually never feel the team reaches the potential either. Whenever you lose close games or against bad teams, you feel this way.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my complaint is that....he really isn't backing up his complaints by playing that well himself.
Dirk never hesitates to criticize himself when he doesn't do enough to bring home the victory. Hell, half the time he criticizes himself even when the team is doing well.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:17 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea right...Dirk is dogging it.

Quote:
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Points Per Game(25.8)
Ranks #9 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(10.2)
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Minutes Played(986.0)
Ranks #9 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(209.0)
Ranks #5 in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts(475.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throws(220.0)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(261.0)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(228.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(8.8)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(265.0)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Points(671.0)
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Double-doubles(14.0)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(10.17)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes(23.12)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(10.71)
Ranks #5 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(12.71)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(11.1)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(32.7)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(707.0)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(27.19)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(34.42)
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I would be disappointed if Dirk weren't upset. Alot of us here are upset with the play of the team at times this season.

If the star of the team doesn't think something is wrong with his teams play when it is obvious there is something wrong.... well then you've got even bigger problems.

I would think that reading that quote would comfort the fan base. I know it had that affect on me.

Although, that might also be the Crown Royal in my Cider that is comforting me.....
Old 12-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

That sig is awesome, U2!
Old 12-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.... although I cannot take credit for it. I am "stealing" it from a Wake Forest fan's site. Which can be found here.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #10
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dirk unhappy

What did I say?

I told you guys Dirk isn't happy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If Mavs keeps playing this way, Dirk may want to leave.

Dirk is definitely not one of those "it's not my fault..." kind of person. Dirk has said that he's been playing bad for the past few games especially in two games where he had very bad shooting. You can tell Dirk was injured but he said if he can stand on the court, he can play. But I still think Nelson should let him rest after that injury in the Sonics games.

Anyway, even if Dirk is not playing well, Mavs has more than enough weapons to beat teams like H.A.W.K.S.

It's ridiculous to hear that Mavs is shopping for another PG. LOL Oh god, when is this going to be over. It's already Christmas you know and shopping should be done by now.

I think part of the reason Dirk has been playing bad is that he lets the Team get into his head. Dirk tends to blame on himself most of the time and when the team is not playing well, he tends to struggle. I didn't watch the game but there may be some hesitation in his shots 'cause he is afraid that they don't go in. When you hesitate, your shots are not falling in for sure. That's probably why Dirk hasn't played as well as 2 weeks ago when Dirk had that monster 50-pt game and several 30pt+ games.

This inconsistency is like a flu now. Nelson needs to find a cure for it or else the team won't gel in the end, just like last year.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:49 PM   #11
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

you're an idiot.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:10 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

All I want for Christmas is to not have to deal with moronic BS.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:44 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

He can't be that unhappy. The mavs are only 27 games in and they have gotten off to a better start this year then last year. And he should be unhappy the great one's usually are.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Those Dirk quotes are from before the Hawks game, and have been posted before, as I remember reading them here.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:50 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Why should Dirk be happy? I'm glad to see he isn't because that means he would settle for just being average. Dirk and the Mavs can play alot better and they will eventually. Even the team last year struggled but while they never seemed like a team they did get better down the stretch.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 07:11 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

most of this thread is pure silliness

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a real slow sports day.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #18
DallasFan1980

DallasFan1980 is on a distinguished road

We heard these same complaints last year. It seems Dirk is never happy. Maybe he should look at himself a little and realize he needs to do more then just rebound and score.
DallasFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:57 PM   #19
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
We heard these same complaints last year. It seems Dirk is never happy. Maybe he should look at himself a little and realize he needs to do more then just rebound and score.
just when i this thread couldn't get any more stupid...
Old 12-25-2004, 09:23 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

It's almost like a train wreck..
Old 12-25-2004, 11:36 PM   #21
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Old 12-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #22
DallasFan1980

DallasFan1980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
just when i this thread couldn't get any more stupid...

I forgot, Dirk is never at fault. Even when he shoots horribly and doesn't even attempt to play defense.
It is always someone elses fault.

DallasFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #23
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

you suck. that's all.