Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-26-2005, 12:55 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Wolf Creek

Let me say that if that really did happen to that guy, i feel really sorry that it happened.

With that said, i'm begging you all, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. It is hollywood at its worst. I don't like walking out on movies and i didn't, but a lot of people just walked out and i didn't blame them one bit. It wasn't a comedy, drama, action, horror or suspense. My sister and i seriously thought about asking for our money back.

Again, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The polar split that I've seen/heard from people that have seen this movie reminds me of a couple of movies that I absolutely loved.... Punch Drunk Love and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... In both movies, many people walked out, but the movies were both pure genius.

I don't expect pure genius, just noting that the same type of split seems to be occurring... You either love it or hate it... I'll probably check it out and will probably be on the 'love' side.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Murph, i'm the same way when it comes to movies in that i don't listen to other people's opinion. But i have never seen a movie that sucked so bad. Both of those movies you mentioned have 2 of my favorite actors, who's movies i generally enjoy watching

And i don't think i'm giving anything away by saying this. But if you ever see this movie (please don't) ask yourself this question when it's over: How did that stuff happen if there was no evidence of any of it?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 12-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

Wow, you are crazy. It was a pretty good film. And by the way, its not Hollywood, its an Australian film, lol.

The critics disagree with you, 53% positive reviews is solid, far from bad, let alone worst ever.

I saw it tonight, pretty good film, great cinematography, and there was no evidence because he escaped, what are you talking about?
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

No, there was no evidence to support 1, what happened to the other 2 people and 2, if there were even any other victims. B/c in that movie, there was no way that guy knew what happened to the two girls or saw the pictures of other people that were abducted.

That movie had zero climax and no genre.

~The Salesman
Old 12-27-2005, 02:26 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

people walked out of Eternal Sunshine?

Same people that think that Dirk isnt a leader, I guess.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote