Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bogut shoots from the mouth

Bucks' Bogut Shoots From The Lip
18th July, 2005 - 6:20 am
St. Paul Pioneer Press - For all the prestige that goes with being the top pick in the NBA draft, Milwaukee center Andrew Bogut might be best known for his, gasp, honesty.

Bogut has been criticized for his critical opinions of fellow Australian basketball players, including Luc Longley, but he continues to speak his mind.

In today's world, where seemingly all athletes strive for political correctness, Bogut is an exception.

"I just think it's important to be yourself," said Bogut. "If I don't look good by the things I say, that's something I'm going to live with. I'm still going to say things people aren't going to like, just like everybody."

The spotlight has magnified his recent comments to reporters on a range of topics:

On Longley, who won three championships with Chicago in the 1990s on teams carried by Michael Jordan: "I've had a better collegiate career than anyone else from Australia that came over here. I'm not as slow as Luc Longley. I'm more athletic. I can shoot better. I'm more competitive. So I think it's not even fair to bring that name up," Bogut told the AP.

On the NBA lifestyle of traveling entourages: "I'll probably have some people come in that I haven't seen for 20 years, and I'm going to tell them straight out, I don't want nothing to do with you. I'm not a posse guy. I'm not going to have a bunch of guys rolling around with me, playing PlayStation and paying them money. I don't see the point in that."

Bogut stands by his comments, though he said the reference to Longley was taken out of context.

"I basically said there's no comparison," Bogut clarified this weekend after one of his summer league games. "We're two different players. I'm more of a four-five. He's a pure five. That got turned into, 'Andrew Bogut (dumps) all over Luc Longley.' That's just how it is. Australian media is some of the worst media in the world, I think."

"Australian media is some of the worst media in the world, I think."

Son, nobody cares about a thinker who speaks his/her mind. They just care about morons who pretend to think and make themselves look bad. I can't believe this guy. He is going to isolate himself really quick if he isn't careful.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Bogut shoots from the mouth

He's sure got a lot to say to have been one of the 3 players in the worst physical condition at the pre-draft camp.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Bogut shoots from the mouth

this guy is the second coming of chris kaman...terrible year to have a no.1 overall pick.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default RE:Bogut shoots from the mouth

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
this guy is the second coming of chris kaman...terrible year to have a no.1 overall pick.
I don't know how you can say that after seeing the way this guy dominated all the College awards. I say we will revisit this thread in a couple of years and see if you are correct. I am betting the Kaman comparison is way off.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote