Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #521
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm trying to figure out how Powell fits on this team. I love the guy and want him to stay but he just doesn't seem to have a set role or position. If he becomes more consistent on his long-range jumper then he's a great fit. This summer is critical for him imo.
Thing is with his restricted status teams can only offer I believe a contract starting at 5.4 million a year. You def keep him at that price with the cap and player value going up. You can always trade him in the future if you need to with his size, youth, and potential.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #522
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Jennings should be the target if and only if we aren't able to sign Conley, D-Will, Lin, or trick the Bulls into trading us Rose for Harris. I think he'd be better than most expect but I'd definitely just be content with Deron Williams back as the starter.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #523
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Jennings should be the target if and only if we aren't able to sign Conley, D-Will, Lin, or trick the Bulls into trading us Rose for Harris. I think he'd be better than most expect but I'd definitely just be content with Deron Williams back as the starter.
I have no problem with Deron since JJB and Harris will still be here to back him up when he inevitably gets injured... Just as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. The big worry with him is cost.

Obviously Conley is top choice, long-shot Rose has a ton of upside, and Lin has the potential to give the most bang for the buck...... But Jennings has a lot to offer as well. The big worry with him is also cost.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-07-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #524
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I have no problem with Deron since JJB and Harris will still be here to back him up when he inevitably gets injured... Just as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. The big thing with him is cost.

Obviously Conley is to choice, long-shot Rose has a ton of upside, and Lin has the potential to give a lot more than he'll probably cost...... But Jennings has a lot to offer as well. The big thing with him is also cost.
Yeah I have no idea what D-Will's value is gonna be so resigning him might be tricky. I could easily see him getting a small one or two year deal or I could see some team like the Kings overpaying for him on a 4 year deal. We're just gonna have to see once free agency begins. I do think he's the best free agent point guard behind Conley though.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #525
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
So lets say,for whatever reasons, Dwight Howard is not in play. Whiteside re-signs with Miami. Conley signs elsewhere. What's the max you offer Bismack? 18M? Anyone go that high? Higher? Mahinmi at 14M? Just curious how desperate people think we are
Why would anyone throw 18 at Bismack? I would be surprised if there are enough teams willing to go higher than 10 for him, and perhaps Mahinmi. 14 sounds the highest anyone would pay either of them.

I do not think Mavs are that desperate. Just, there are a lot of options and directions that Mavs can take. They could simply continue with Zaza and look to improve other positions - which I hope is not the plan A. They could also then keep Powell and try some freakish small ball lineup.

With so many teams with so much cash to spend - this will make a very intriguing offseason. Guys like Bismack and Mahinmi do not even have to rush and get the best offer given to them before Dwight has made up his mind.

If Mavs do not get a commitment from Parsons, then this will also change things a lot. Although DeAndra showed last summer the worth of commitments and these two have been together buddy-buddy after the incident.

In short, I do not see why Mavs should be desperate for anything. Too many things are unclear and too many different directions are available. It is not like you have most of the roster in place and desperately need that one big name like Howard. At the moment, just getting Howard and missing out on decent point guard would still give you nothing but playoff seeding.

Who knows, maybe the Mavs will miss out on Parsons, Howard and Conley? Perhaps Cuban and Dirk decide it is time to call it quits and Dirk does not re-sign and the Mavs can go full rebuild.

It is also interesting to see where Tyson Chandler ends up at. I doubt he is going to stay as a member of Suns after draft.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #526
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Why would anyone throw 18 at Bismack? I would be surprised if there are enough teams willing to go higher than 10 for him, and perhaps Mahinmi. 14 sounds the highest anyone would pay either of them.

I do not think Mavs are that desperate. Just, there are a lot of options and directions that Mavs can take. They could simply continue with Zaza and look to improve other positions - which I hope is not the plan A. They could also then keep Powell and try some freakish small ball lineup.

With so many teams with so much cash to spend - this will make a very intriguing offseason. Guys like Bismack and Mahinmi do not even have to rush and get the best offer given to them before Dwight has made up his mind.

If Mavs do not get a commitment from Parsons, then this will also change things a lot. Although DeAndra showed last summer the worth of commitments and these two have been together buddy-buddy after the incident.

In short, I do not see why Mavs should be desperate for anything. Too many things are unclear and too many different directions are available. It is not like you have most of the roster in place and desperately need that one big name like Howard. At the moment, just getting Howard and missing out on decent point guard would still give you nothing but playoff seeding.

Who knows, maybe the Mavs will miss out on Parsons, Howard and Conley? Perhaps Cuban and Dirk decide it is time to call it quits and Dirk does not re-sign and the Mavs can go full rebuild.

It is also interesting to see where Tyson Chandler ends up at. I doubt he is going to stay as a member of Suns after draft.
Idk if Bismack gets 18M but he will certainly be a lot closer to 18 than 10. Aaron Bynes signed for like 8m last offseason as a backup. Biyombo is younger, better and coming off a huge playoffs. And a cap spike. He'll get btwn 15-20M per from someone.

I'd say the Mavs are rather desperate. They need to improve, get younger. They need assets to attract future FA. They'll overpay if they have to.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #527
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'd say the Mavs are rather desperate. They need to improve, get younger. They need assets to attract future FA. They'll overpay if they have to.
I see your point of view. I just would like to think people are desperate when they have a clear vision of what they want but are missing one or two pieces from getting it.

If the Mavs are in a win-now mode where they want to get another title or serious run at it with Dirk, then getting younger is not going to be much of a priority. Especially after what they did in 2011.

I would argue that a lot will come down to whether Parsons leaves or stays. A lot will depend if he starts listening to offers from other teams or enters free agency with commitment to re-sign with Mavs. If Parsons leaves, then thoughts about merely competing for playoff seeding will change priorities / direction from win-now to getting younger.

I think that DWill is a realistic possibility, especially with chances to also sign Howard. DWill could accept 1 year deal around 8M and sign bigger deal next summer when cap rises even further.

About Baynes and his 8M deal. That deal was signed already new cap in mind. I think that 8-10M will be about the norm of backups. You can not really view last summer's offers and think that those were given under that cap in mind. To add, Aron Baynes is getting 6,5M a year which even by current cap rules is solid for backup.

Last edited by Thebo; 06-08-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:06 AM   #528
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I see your point of view. I just would like to think people are desperate when they have a clear vision of what they want but are missing one or two pieces from getting it.

If the Mavs are in a win-now mode where they want to get another title or serious run at it with Dirk, then getting younger is not going to be much of a priority. Especially after what they did in 2011.

I would argue that a lot will come down to whether Parsons leaves or stays. A lot will depend if he starts listening to offers from other teams or enters free agency with commitment to re-sign with Mavs. If Parsons leaves, then thoughts about merely competing for playoff seeding will change priorities / direction from win-now to getting younger.

I think that DWill is a realistic possibility, especially with chances to also sign Howard. DWill could accept 1 year deal around 8M and sign bigger deal next summer when cap rises even further.

About Baynes and his 8M deal. That deal was signed already new cap in mind. I think that 8-10M will be about the norm of backups. You can not really view last summer's offers and think that those were given under that cap in mind. To add, Aron Baynes is getting 6,5M a year which even by current cap rules is solid for backup.
My bad, not sure where I got Bynes at 8M. I think DWill is all about getting paid and would sign anywhere for extra $. By getting younger i meant young, established vets- like Barnes, Biyombo, Teague- to where they could add another piece to that core next summer.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #529
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm trying to figure out how Powell fits on this team. I love the guy and want him to stay but he just doesn't seem to have a set role or position.
I think he could be a solid backup 4 and even 5 when you go smaller. He started off last season playing great and then got in RC's doghouse at some point. It seems his #1 problem is confidence. He needs to come out with a massive chip on his shoulder just like Justin Anderson. When JA plays, he's out there to prove something ... make something happen.

Beyond confidence, Powell just needs a general improvement across the board in offense, defense, and BBIQ. I really like the guy, hope he stays here and gets solid minutes next season.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #530
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Chasing Biyombo at 15m+ is fools gold. He had two really good games in the playoffs but looked pedestrian in game 5 and 6.

As long as the numbers are close, I really dont see Parsons going anywhere.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-08-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #531
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Cuban: “Every player thinks it’s just going to be a money train this summer. There’s a lot of money; there’s not THAT much money. … And I think there’s going to be teams that save their money for next year, because it’s a better free agent class. People just presume now that everybody’s going to get paid a lot of money, and it’ll be interesting to see if that happens.”

Has this guy still not learned his lesson? Itll be a lot of money this year AND even more next year.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #532
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Idk if Bismack gets 18M but he will certainly be a lot closer to 18 than 10. Aaron Bynes signed for like 8m last offseason as a backup. Biyombo is younger, better and coming off a huge playoffs. And a cap spike. He'll get btwn 15-20M per from someone.

Saying Biyombo had a huge playoffs is an overstatement. He'll give you 16 rebounds one night and 3 the next. He's a really good backup to have, but he'll be overexposed as a starter.

I really don't think Biyombo will be attracting future free agents.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #533
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Mark Cuban: “Every player thinks it’s just going to be a money train this summer. There’s a lot of money; there’s not THAT much money. … And I think there’s going to be teams that save their money for next year, because it’s a better free agent class. People just presume now that everybody’s going to get paid a lot of money, and it’ll be interesting to see if that happens.”

Has this guy still not learned his lesson? Itll be a lot of money this year AND even more next year.
I get what he is saying though. And if you blow your load on mediocre players, then what have you accomplished if the 5-8 seed is still the realistic goal? The Mavs finished 6 without Chandler Parsons for pete's sake.

And he offered max contracts to three different players (Parsons, Jordan, Matthews) the last few summers so it's not like Cuban hasn't spent money. He's just not going to spend 15-20 million on guys like Biyombo and rightfully so IMO.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #534
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I get what he is saying though. And if you blow your load on mediocre players, then what have you accomplished if the 5-8 seed is still the realistic goal? The Mavs finished 6 without Chandler Parsons for pete's sake.

And he offered max contracts to three different players (Parsons, Jordan, Matthews) the last few summers so it's not like Cuban hasn't spent money. He's just not going to spend 15-20 million on guys like Biyombo and rightfully so IMO.
This could be a nice setup year where we get the pieces to hopefully attract a decent FA next. It's probably not a bad idea for Cuban to go for value this off season and then pay premium dollars next but with Dirk in his final few years we're running out of time for that type of strategy.

Maybe Cuban has gotten a little wise and is ready to take a small step back to give us a little traction to get out of the rut we have been stuck in for the past several seasons.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-08-2016 at 04:25 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:17 PM   #535
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

For the Mavs I think he has the right idea. But teams are and will always be stupid. I think there are teams that will blow their load this offseason. Someone will give the majority of the mediocre players the money they want.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #536
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Saying Biyombo had a huge playoffs is an overstatement. He'll give you 16 rebounds one night and 3 the next. He's a really good backup to have, but he'll be overexposed as a starter.

I really don't think Biyombo will be attracting future free agents.
But it's a dual edged sword. You sign scraps this offseason and you aren't attracting anyone in 2017 either. At least Biyombo has some upside. It's conceivable his best basketball is ahead. Same with Harrison Barnes. I want guys that can defend multiple positions and switch on the p'n'r. You pay a premium for guys that can do those things. Or guys that can shoot. It's why a gimpy Wes Matthews got paid.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #537
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
But it's a dual edged sword. You sign scraps this offseason and you aren't attracting anyone in 2017 either.
I think the point is we want to sign quality FAs like Biz, but we don't want to overpay to the point where we have no money left next year on a better class of FA. If we offer him $12-15 and someone gets him for $20+, don't be upset with the MBT not getting him. If he's not worth it, don't do it or you cripple your team for true upgrades later over potential upgrades now.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #538
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Terry says Howard would get us contending. Don't know how to feel.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #539
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

If he wants to win bidding wars on this off-season's free agents, may as well try to convey to other owners that these guys really aren't worth bidding on. Not that I really think NBA owners/GMs are dumb enough for that to work on.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 06-09-2016 at 06:04 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #540
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Depends on the definition of "contending" but I think our 15-16 team, with Dwight swapped in for Zaza, is markedly better. Might only mean the 4th or 5th seed, but that's still an improvement without considering other potential roster upgrades.

BTW, Terry also mentioned that he'd like to play one more year and that Cuban always has "first dibs" on him. For the veteran minimum, I'm all over that.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #541
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Depends on the definition of "contending" but I think our 15-16 team, with Dwight swapped in for Zaza, is markedly better.
Also plug in Parsons with Dwight. Our offense was absolutely atrocious at times so having Parsons scoring would have helped a ton. And Dwight at center was be much better defensively and rebounding. Still not championship level, but I think that would put us even with LAC for sure and fighting for a home court advantage in first round at least.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:30 PM   #542
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Well, a healthy Deron/Dwight/Parsons can really give Dirk 1 good year left to especially compete in the playoffs. If all the teams comes back. Replacing about 3 with probably bringing Terry back as last guy on the bench. It can be nice to reunite Dirk, JJ, and Terry for one last ride at it.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #543
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

My dream offseason involves letting Parsons and Deron walk, and signing Kent Bazemore, Mike Conley, and Dwight. We suffer from identity crisis and this clearly makes us a defensive squad.

Conley/ Barea
Wes/ Harris/ #46
Bazemore/ Anderson
Dirk/ Powell/ Charlie V.
Dwight/ Mejri/ McGee
Old 06-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #544
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
My dream offseason involves letting Parsons and Deron walk, and signing Kent Bazemore, Mike Conley, and Dwight. We suffer from identity crisis and this clearly makes us a defensive squad.

Conley/ Barea
Wes/ Harris/ #46
Bazemore/ Anderson
Dirk/ Powell/ Charlie V.
Dwight/ Mejri/ McGee
In the words of Steven Tyler....
Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #545
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude looks like a lady?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #546
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Dude looks like a lady?
You have no idea how expensive it is to look this cheap?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #547
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
You have no idea how expensive it is to look this cheap?
Must spread rep.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #548
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude looks like a lady?
must also spread rep.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #549
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Alex Kennedy: The Dallas Mavs are holding their free agent mini-camp on June 22-23. Nick Minnerath, Arnett Moultrie, McKenzie Moore and more will attend. – via Twitter AlexKennedyNBA
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #550
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Alex Kennedy: The Dallas Mavs are holding their free agent mini-camp on June 22-23. Nick Minnerath, Arnett Moultrie, McKenzie Moore and more will attend. – via Twitter AlexKennedyNBA
I somewhat liked Moultrie when he was in the 2012 draft. Too bad he never amounted to anything.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #551
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems like a pipe dream, but if we renounce CP and Deron we're at $40 million in salaries with Dirk's cap hold, and the cap is expected to be $92 million. Let's make it happen.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:54 PM   #552
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I like that in theory, but I feel like our odds of getting Dwight plummet if we don't keep Parsons.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:42 AM   #553
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Seems like a pipe dream, but if we renounce CP and Deron we're at $40 million in salaries with Dirk's cap hold, and the cap is expected to be $92 million. Let's make it happen.
This would be amazing. But Dwight and Conley would take the entire 52M. Bazemore will get 10-15M.would have to sign and trade Powell and or Devin or something.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #554
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Are people going to be upset or surprised of the Mavs don't land a "big name" this free agency? I just feel like this is the one offseason where the Mavs really don't have much of a chance since the pool is limited this summer.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #555
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are people going to be upset or surprised of the Mavs don't land a "big name" this free agency? I just feel like this is the one offseason where the Mavs really don't have much of a chance since the pool is limited this summer.
If they can't land Howard, Conley, Horford, etc. I won't be upset if they can land some solid guys with fair contracts to move forward with and hopefully grab a big name next summer to fit in with this summers signings. Outside of landing someone in a trade though I think Howard is the only star we have a legit chance at signing.

Last edited by BPo001; 06-11-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #556
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
If they can't land Howard, Conley, Horford, etc. I won't be upset if they can land some solid guys with fair contracts to move forward with and hopefully grab a big name next summer to fit in with this summers signings. Outside of landing someone in a trade though I think Howard is the only star we have a legit chance at signing.
My thoughts exactly.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #557
spreedom
Diamond Member

Agreed... if we miss out on each of the top 7- or 8-ish guys, I think we should shoot for incremental improvement with young guys that we can count on to mature here over the next few years.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #558
BPo001
Diamond Member

Thanasis Antetokounmpo is among the 40 free agents that were invited to a mini camp by the Dallas Mavericks, according to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express. His participation there, however, seems to be more than unlikely. The Mavericks’ camp will take place from 20th to 22th of June. During these days, the preparation period of the Greek national team ahead of the Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Turin, which begins in July 3, will be in full motion.
– via EuroHoops.net

Two players that spent the 2015/2016 season in the Greek Basket league, D.J. Strawberry and Okaro White were also invited in the Mavs’ camp. What is interesting, is the fact that while Strawberry played for Olympiacos, Okaro White, who wore the jersey of Aris, has already agreed to a deal with the Reds for the upcoming season.
– via EuroHoops.net

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/26...mavericks-camp

Last edited by BPo001; 06-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #559
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I am with the Dwight Howard and Mike Conley deal. Why are there so many haters when it comes to Parsons. He has been injured the last two years, but he is not a bad player by any means. I would like to see him more as a power forward when Dirk is out. I hope the contracts they offer are VERY reasonable. That Conley/Wes/Bazemore/Dwight line up seems pretty damn solid
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:54 AM   #560
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
I am with the Dwight Howard and Mike Conley deal. Why are there so many haters when it comes to Parsons. He has been injured the last two years, but he is not a bad player by any means. I would like to see him more as a power forward when Dirk is out. I hope the contracts they offer are VERY reasonable. That Conley/Wes/Bazemore/Dwight line up seems pretty damn solid
Conley/Wes/Bazemore/Dwight would be epic. I've been riding the Bazemore train since last playoffs.

At this point, if someone is hating Parsons, then it is due to personal reasons. I still do not think he is used as his best by Carlisle. Rick's system may never fully complement what Parsons is able to do. I just wish Parsons would add defense to his game, and consistency for the first 3 quarters.

For the record, I think chances of Conley leaving Memphis are as big as Howard joining Mavs. If Conley is after big money, he'll stay. If he wants some legacy or contending for title, he should leave. Memphis has been solid for the past season, but every year they have used the same exact formula to try to win. It has not worked and they have made zero efforts to change their ways. Perhaps new coach will help to change thins up, but the main problem with results is not coaching staff, it's the front office who can not find right players.

Last edited by Thebo; 06-13-2016 at 12:58 AM.