Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Who do you want to play in the 1st round?
1st- Warriors 3 8.57%
2nd- Spurs 5 14.29%
3rd- Thunder 17 48.57%
4th- Clippers 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Reality check:
- yes this game sucked ... BUT ...
- we have 5% chance at best of advancing to the second round
- this is arguably one of the best Spurs team assembled
- it's common for role players to step up for a game or two when stars are not playing
- this loss doesn't mean nearly as much as the media wants it to

Game is done. Hopefully the players we have available are 100% for game 1.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Reality check:
- yes this game sucked ... BUT ...
- we have 5% chance at best of advancing to the second round
- this is arguably one of the best Spurs team assembled
- it's common for role players to step up for a game or two when stars are not playing
- this loss doesn't mean nearly as much as the media wants it to

Game is done. Hopefully the players we have available are 100% for game 1.
I can agree with this. I still think Mejri would have given the Mavs the best shot of pulling out that game, and I'm somewhat baffled that Rick didn't seem to agree with that. But, yeah, it is true that losing against the backups of the Spurs in one game is not the worst thing in the world especially since it didn't affect the seeding in the end. Now, if that loss would have somehow ended up causing the Mavs to have to face the Spurs in the first round, it would be harder for me to get over it.

I'm excited about these playoffs. I feel like Rick has discovered a few more wrinkles to throw at opponents in these past 10 games. Of course, I wish Parsons was available, but I still think the Mavs can do some damage.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh.

Quote:
Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

Rick Carlisle says David Lee is "very doubtful" for Game 1 against the Thunder due to his plantar fascia injury. The Mavs hope that Lee will be able to play at some point during the series.
Need some more masking tape fast...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:33 AM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Ugh.

Need some more masking tape fast...
Man that sucks
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote