Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default How Many 5 Year Olds...

Funny post and entertaining question I saw posted somewhere else.

================================================== ========
The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i'm going to have to guess 12 or 13 before got demolished.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, I can't picture, that's a difficult question. But I'd like to think way more than 12-13. I could take one out per kick, I'm thinking. At the same time.......... hmmm. Like 20 perhaps?

Last edited by bernardos70; 12-30-2006 at 04:05 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Shit... Anywhere from 30-50!

I would just run and punch, run and punch, run and punch. If they got close, punch... Its not like more than 10 or so could jump on you at once anyway, much less hurt you as their punches won't affect you much at all. Just dodge and punch. 1 punch knocks a 5 year old O U T! If I couldn't knock out 30-50 5 year olds before they knocked me out, I would be rather disappointed in myself. Just think about it. It isn't like 50 could all jump on you at one time, so a big mosh pit of 10 at a time love tapping you while you knock the shit out of them one at a time wouldn't be THAT hard. Can you honestly say you couldn't knock a 5 year old out with one hard ass punch/kick??? OK then, so are you saying you couldn't withstand 10 5 year olds on you weak punching at a time while you throw haymakers and lunch kicks over and over??? I would be up for an experiment if one could set something up like this!!!

My wife, a Pre-k teacher, might just want in too!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'd say at least 15-25, 5 year olds can't run very fast and there's plenty of room on a basketball court.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

all it takes is one or two good shots to the groin to put any normal human being out.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

One of the greatest threads in history back at our other board, ae. I had thought about bringing it here, but I didn't think we would get enough participation to make it interesting.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure I could take on at least 20. I'm thinking, though, with the adversaries being that big in numbers it could make it quite painful if they truly are into taking me out.

Are they screened for cry babies? Because at that age, generally, they get hurt a little bit and they go into the "I want mommy" phase. If they are doing that I might take on 50 without fear.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you guys are underestimating the damage to your hands from punching all those skulls hard enough to knock them unconcious.

I'm guessing that the average male couldn't do more than 10 or 15.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I think you guys are underestimating the damage to your hands from punching all those skulls hard enough to knock them unconcious.

I'm guessing that the average male couldn't do more than 10 or 15.
You can kick too though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
all it takes is one or two good shots to the groin to put any normal human being out.
but you said
Quote:
- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
so we'd be fine.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
You can kick too though.
Yea but they'd all be rushing you at the same time and it's harder to kick in confined spaces. Plus you'd be vulnerable when your leg is in the air.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
One of the greatest threads in history back at our other board, ae. I had thought about bringing it here, but I didn't think we would get enough participation to make it interesting.
I don't read that board anymore (or at least very rarely), but I do recall the genius of that thread.

Me, I find hard to imagine a situation where I could knock even one five-year-old unconscious. But if it's completely hypothetical in that regard as well, I'd have to think that the average male would have to face upwards of twenty before he fared worse than a stalemate. About the only way I could see them knocking you unconscious would be if they got you on the ground and one of them landed his ass on your head with all his weight. Otherwise they might be able to inflict some pain, but I think you'd cry uncle before you went unconscious.

I bet you could handle ten with one arm behind your back. Your most effective weapon would probably not be the punch or kick, but rather a hand placed on the back of the neck and a sharp shove to the ground.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #14
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Your most effective weapon would probably not be the punch or kick, but rather a hand placed on the back of the neck and a sharp shove to the ground.
Chum,

For someone who said they'd have trouble knocking one unconcious (I'm assuming for pacifist/sympathy reasons) this hardcore brutality is surprising.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 12-30-2006 at 09:10 PM.
SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

No, no...just "five-year-old" reasons. Maybe at about twelve or thirteen it starts to be appealing.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea but they'd all be rushing you at the same time and it's harder to kick in confined spaces. Plus you'd be vulnerable when your leg is in the air.
True, but you'd be wearing a cup so you'd be protected.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
True, but you'd be wearing a cup so you'd be protected.
Your crotch is protected but not your knees.

They have to get you to the ground to have a shot. If they're smart (and I assume with the training they are) They'll always have 3 or 4 kids around your legs trying to take out your knees. Trying to kick one of them in the head leaves your plant leg exposed.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:21 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

can you pick one up and throw it at all the others?

Id probly do something about like this

Old 12-31-2006, 01:32 AM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Your crotch is protected but not your knees.

They have to get you to the ground to have a shot. If they're smart (and I assume with the training they are) They'll always have 3 or 4 kids around your legs trying to take out your knees. Trying to kick one of them in the head leaves your plant leg exposed.
Yeah that's true. I still think with punching and kicking/kneeing you'd be able to take out 20-25 easily. 5 year olds aren't very strong, plus half of them would be girls so the mentality isn't as strong to hurt you.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:38 AM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

What an interesting thread.

I think it would take an awful lot of 5 year olds to render me unconscious. I guess I need to analyze this a bit, but I don't think a 5 year old could strike me hard enough to knock me out.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:48 AM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

What does a 5-year old weigh, maybe 75 pounds? Say they get you to the ground and they have two on each leg, one on each are and mabye a couple sitting on your torso. That leaves a couple to just pound your head into the ground repeatedly. That'll knock you unconcious...if it doesn't kill you first.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:52 AM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What a disturbing thread.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:56 AM   #23
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

is the floor hard? if so, they can use that against you if they can get you on the ground. doesn't take long for a half dozen motivated 5 year olds to figure out that a handful of hair, a hard floor and your head can make a fairly effective weapon.

i'd still say upwards of 20, maybe even 30, if they weren't organized, 12 to 15 if they had some sort of plan and stuck to it.

edit: looks like dirno and i are on the same page, he just types faster (because he's probably not playing omaha on another screen )

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 12-31-2006 at 02:00 AM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:01 AM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
What does a 5-year old weigh, maybe 75 pounds? Say they get you to the ground and they have two on each leg, one on each are and mabye a couple sitting on your torso. That leaves a couple to just pound your head into the ground repeatedly. That'll knock you unconcious...if it doesn't kill you first.
They'd have to get you down first of all, and they wouldn't be able to hold you down very easily if you were kicking and flailing trying to get up. A typical 5 year old weighs 45-50 so it would take a bunch of them to hold you down. Once they get you down though for good your done, like you said.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:09 AM   #25
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I think the combat expert could come up with a strategy that could allow 10 kids to knock you out pretty quick. First you need to split the group in two or three sub-groups that attack from front and back at the same time and hit/kick you where you are at the most vulnerable.

How about this approach? Three kids attack your groin area from the front. At the same time three kids attack the backside of your knees from behind to bring you down. The third group finishes you off by attacking your head, after you have fallen to the ground.

btw. this is a sick idea to start with...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 12-31-2006 at 02:10 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:09 AM   #26
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Just run around giving out non-stop clotheslines....that should work. And if they happen to get you down, I have a hard time believing they could make one unconsious.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 AM   #27
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
I think the combat expert could come up with a strategy that could allow 10 kids to knock you out pretty quick. First you need to split the group in two or three sub-groups that attack from front and back at the same time and hit/kick you where you are at the most vulnerable.

How about this approach? Three kids attack your groin area from the front. At the same time three kids attack the backside of your knees from behind to bring you down. The third group finishes you off by attacking your head, after you have fallen to the ground.

btw. this is a sick idea to start with...
Your groin would be protected because of the cup, and yes this is a sick idea but it's all hypothetical.

You made a good point though, if there are 20 or so kids as long as 10 or so keep you busy in from the front 5 or so can take you out in the back of the knees while the other 5 just jump on your head til you're knocked out. I still say between 15-25 depending upon their strategy. If they can take your legs out and jump on top of you you're pretty much done for. But before they can do that I think you could take a bunch of them out, and you could run around til you get tired too taking them out as you go.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 AM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Another factor for the 15+ crowd to consider...fatigue. Five years old or not, you're not going to knock every one of the out with one punch or one kick. There's nothing more tiring than fighting and even trained prize fighters would be sucking wind after going for a minute straight.

So even if they weren't trained or didn't have a plan and were just coming at you all wild assed you'd be to exhausted to lift your arms about a minute in.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:33 AM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

is imagining all this senseless violence against very small children weirding anyone else out?
Old 12-31-2006, 02:34 AM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

hey I know....we need to send this to MythBusters
Old 12-31-2006, 02:36 AM   #31
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

A concerted effort to kick against your ankles from both sides would be another very effective way to bring you down and it's difficult to defend. If you try to knock out the little buggers you have to bend forward which causes you to lose balance more easily. If you kick around they can attack the ankle of the other leg. The kids should kick and run, kick and run...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 12-31-2006 at 02:36 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:43 AM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
is imagining all this senseless violence against very small children weirding anyone else out?
see post #22
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

These are 5 year olds... regardless of the 1 day of training, many if not almost all of them will forget their training. Sure, they might not get scared, but they will quickly revert to play fighting like tactics... Many of them will think they're airplanes with machine guns and will attempt to gun you down making the gun fire sounds... others will throw fake grenades.

I'm going to say that I could do some serious damage to 100 or more 5 year olds.... Fake grenades don't hurt all that bad...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:51 PM   #34
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I really think this could get out of hand faster than most people would be willing to accept. Enough of the little buggers and they could easily get you to the ground, and then they have home court advantage.

That being said, you could go with the matrix style strategy suggested earlier and just grab one kid by the feet and use him as a weapon.

There's also the psychological aspect. Five year olds would be very susceptible to mind games and you could probably turn some of them against each other.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:55 PM   #35
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
see post #22
No one is forcing you guys to participate in this thread if it offends your sensibilities. Why don't you head on over to the Political Forum and stare at Saddam's dead corpse together?

Old 12-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #36
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
Funny post and entertaining question I saw posted somewhere else.

================================================== ========
The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.
To make it interesting, the kids would also be fed a breakfast of Crispy Creme Glazed Donuts and Super-Frosted Sugar Bombs with chocolate milk (all they could eat) for one week prior to the experiment.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 12-31-2006 at 05:38 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:41 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

So you would have a bunch of overweight kids running out of gas a minute into the battle? That would make it easier.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

if running ais allowed, i guess about 15

- Conrad Burns

Last edited by nah-vit-ski; 12-31-2006 at 05:49 PM.
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
No one is forcing you guys to participate in this thread if it offends your sensibilities. Why don't you head on over to the Political Forum and stare at Saddam's dead corpse together?

Saddam's terminal pictures are soothing....planning on how to best assault a flock of children is disturbing.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
These are 5 year olds... regardless of the 1 day of training, many if not almost all of them will forget their training. Sure, they might not get scared, but they will quickly revert to play fighting like tactics...
FINALLY someone pointed this out!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote