Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #201
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
questions, comments...MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com
I shot you guys a question...one I've been thinking about a lot recently.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Bah, I told you before - even if you set them on fire, it's still illegal to have sex with dead animals...

(Merry Christmas!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #203
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Bah, I told you before - even if you set them on fire, it's still illegal to have sex with dead animals...

(Merry Christmas!)
No! No! No! Not THAT question! The one about stealing Dirk's wallet and going crazy on eBay!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #204
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
It'll get mentioned!

If you're not working today...be sure to tune in at fishbowlradionetwork.com in the green bowl!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #205
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

We're starting to really hit our stride!

The trade-talk segment was extra salty today, that was a long but very thinktank-like segment. I am not 100% sure when in February the deadline is...but we'll focus some time on the show for that spectacle, potentially with some friends of the show.

Rhylan should hopefully have the show up in the next few hours.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #206
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Today's Episode is published.. enjoy.

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/

Intro - Game Recaps
16:34 - Dirk Passes Bird
39:15 - Buy / Sell / Hold
1:06:35 - Trade Think Tank
1:37:45 - Game Previews
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #207
BGMaverick9
Guru

I could tell in the midst of it we were REALLY working on that 3T segment but man...I didn't know it was THAT long.

It's good stuff though!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #208
sike
The Preacha

I really enjoyed this week's Outsider.

It was all good, but I especially enjoyed the Dirk and Trade segments.

Also, Rhylan's stat research on the Mavs offensive and defensive numbers over the past decade was really interesting.

Good stuff, guys. +rep for the both of ya!

Last edited by sike; 12-29-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #209
BGMaverick9
Guru

thanks sike.

They were definitely fun subjects to discuss...the trade one was balls to the wall fun.

Like I said, we're a think-tank
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #210
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff again.

I would LOVE to get our hands on Hinrich, but I think it only makes sense if Roddy isn't going to come back this year, or if he's going to be limited in his effectiveness.

If Roddy comes back and plays the kind of minutes we expected, you're already trying to split 96 minutes between a minimum of three players, and probably four with Stevenson. Add in Hinrich and it just doesn't work. Hinrich just wouldn't have enough minutes to justify what you'd have to give up for him.

And honestly, I may be crazy, but I'm really, really not interested in trading Stevenson.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-31-2010 at 11:24 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #211
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Good stuff again.

I would LOVE to get our hands on Hinrich, but I think it only makes sense if Roddy isn't going to come back this year, or if he's going to be limited in his effectiveness.

If Roddy comes back and plays the kind of minutes we expected, you're already trying to split 96 minutes between a minimum of three players, and probably four with Stevenson. Add in Hinrich and it just doesn't work. Hinrich just wouldn't have enough minutes to justify what you'd have to give up for him.

And honestly, I may be crazy, but I'm really, really not interested in trading Stevenson.
I totally agree with Stevenson...I think the fact he's so high on the list in terms of 3-point shooting really protects him in terms of not being traded. Rhylan said he's a guy you'd love to keep but based on situations, he might be a person you need to trade.

The more I am seeing, the less I'm inclined to think they actually make a deal.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #212
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Thing about keeping Stevenson is he can be the Bruce Bowen type. All Bruce Bowen did for SA was guard the perimeter players, get under their skin, and on offense shoot the wide open 3 pointer in the corner when it was passed to him. Pop took out Bowen in certain situations. And didn't rely on him too much to make things happen.

Stevenson can do that. And the Mavs hve Marion who can still guard the perimeter players when Stevenson isn't on the floor.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #213
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Thing about keeping Stevenson is he can be the Bruce Bowen type. All Bruce Bowen did for SA was guard the perimeter players, get under their skin, and on offense shoot the wide open 3 pointer in the corner when it was passed to him. Pop took out Bowen in certain situations. And didn't rely on him too much to make things happen.

Stevenson can do that. And the Mavs hve Marion who can still guard the perimeter players when Stevenson isn't on the floor.
Yup, that's what I've called Stevenson for most of the season so far, minus the dirty player factor. I thought he did a pretty decent job chasing Ginboli all over the court last night...which isn't an easy feat.

Without Dirk, I will say that Stevenson's offensive value drops tremendously but that's the case with just about anyone on the Mavericks.

I'll also say Stevenson is unlike Bowen in the sense that Stevenson doesn't wear an absurd bow-tie after games.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #214
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

That's something I've been thinking about lately - we keep talking about dealing for a quality shooting guard, but we already have too many, especially with Stevenson earning PT... If we wanted to add another guard, we'd have to trade either Terry, Roddy or Stevenson to make the minutes work (unless we're simply adding a backup PG to replace Barea...)

For example, if we traded for someone like Kevin Martin, we'd definitely have to move Terry, seeing as how JET doesn't bring anything different/better to the table - at least Roddy and Stevenson possess skillsets that aren't redundant...

Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM   #215
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure we need to dress 3 centers out to be honest..last night we may have had 4 unless ian was sitting.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #216
BGMaverick9
Guru

We've got the standard recaps and previews for the Mavericks.

We'll have an interesting rundown our own lists for top-10 players of all-time...is Dirk going to make the cut?

We'll break down the wizardry of Dirk's broadcasting during the Toronto Game

We should have an up to the minute update on Caron Butler's status and what it will mean for the Mavericks going forward.

All of that and the mystery segment.
3-5 PM Green Bowl, Fishbowl Radio Network
Old 01-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #217
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Today's episode has been published.

Please excuse the funky audio for the first 8.5 minutes.

Here's the rundown - lots of stuff to recap and naturally, injuries to discuss. And we go way out to the deep end of the pool for the Top Ten discussions.

Intro - Game Recaps
22:58 - Butler Injury Talk
45:33 - Dirk Audio from Toronto Game
1:01:46 - Bryan's All Time Top 10 NBA Players
1:16:11 - Rhylan's All Time Top 10 NBA Players
1:46:48 - Game Previews

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com
Old 01-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #218
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Dallas Basketball.com just decided to switch to a subscription model... a model which has already been tried by everyone from the New York Times to Bob's Blog and proven to be utterly unworkable.

So his traffic will be gone within a month.

Congratulations BGMaverick http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/ is now the #1 Dallas Mavericks news site on the internet.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #219
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Dallas Basketball.com just decided to switch to a subscription model... a model which has already been tried by everyone from the New York Times to Bob's Blog and proven to be utterly unworkable.

Congratulations BGMaverick http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/ is now the #1 Dallas Mavericks news site on the internet.
I'll believe it when I see it...but thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #220
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post

Who would subscribe to see a bunch of t-shirt ads?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #221
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Yesterday he linked to some random article on there about tech trends for the new year. Strange things afoot at the Circle K.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #222
BGMaverick9
Guru

We'll have our first official audio gold from Mark Cuban and Roddy B on this coming episode.

I'm still working on the details, but There is ALSO the possibility that we'll have our first interview with a player this week....if it's not this week, it'll be soon.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #223
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm not sure we need to dress 3 centers out to be honest..last night we may have had 4 unless ian was sitting.
Not much choice to use your roster flexibility, when Dirk, Caron and Boobs are out.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #224
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

i signed up with mavsmoneyball, but that place is confusing

how hilarious is it that there is an oversaturation of mavs coverage right now?

MAVS coverage, jerry.... mavs coverage
Old 01-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #225
BGMaverick9
Guru

I wouldn't say MMB is the best place, right now, to TALK about Mavs stuff. It's definitely on the uptick when it comes to READING about Mavs information.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #226
BGMaverick9
Guru

There are a lot of updates for tomorrow's show. Due to Rhylan's man crush on Carlisle, he's been given a temporary 200 mile restraining order so he's out of the mix. Mike Bacsik will be filling in for Rhylan.

Monday will be the last show at FBRN as we "take our talents" to the Ted Jones Broadcasting Center. No worries, the show will have the same look and feel...with better results. We will be in a later time-slot on Monday, based on potential home games the flex day will be Sunday. So with the later times, that should give you guys a chance to be more interactive with the show...calling in and emailing. More news to come on that, we've got a TON of big ideas coming up in the near future.

We usually have a mystery segment....on tomorrow's show, we will have a mystery guest. All I can tell you right now is that it is someone in the Mavericks organization...who is it? You'll just have to tune in to find out.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #227
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

He, Bryan. Will you change the programm due to the upcoming trade rumors ?

Dirk has loads of time right now. He should swing in his Mercedes and fish over to you in the fishtank.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 01-10-2011 at 12:28 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #228
BGMaverick9
Guru

We slightly changed it...but not much.

The finale on FBRN was very good, just missed Rhylan haha....
Lots of content and goodies from our guests. The show will hopefully be uploaded in the next day or so.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #229
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, i listened to the show. Quite nice, that Mark knows the FA Cup.Haha ... Say hi next time... The ref totally destroyed the `Pool/ManU matchup. I would have killed him.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 01-10-2011 at 08:13 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #230
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Yes, i listened to the show. Quite nice, that Mark knows the FA Cup.Haha ... Say hi next time... The ref totally destroyed the `Pool/ManU matchup. I would have killed him.
Haha, sweet! He knows it VERY well. In random conversations, he'll always drop a few lines about it when he gets the chance.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #231
BGMaverick9
Guru

The show will be uploaded on Wednesday night, Rhylan is still serving the his final moments of his temporary restraining order against any member of the Carlisle family...the love affair went a bit too far

Mike Bacsik joined me in Rhylan's place and we had JJ Barea and Mark Followill join the show.....both VERY good interviews. Be on the lookout for that.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #232
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Haha, sweet! He knows it VERY well. In random conversations, he'll always drop a few lines about it when he gets the chance.
Is Mark a Tommy *lol* ? I´m still angry, because i had a very tough weekend catching 4 Egg-Football Games, but Liverpool vs. Manchester definately is a must. And one rediculous penalty and a questionable ejection against Gerrard and the match was done after 40 minutes.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #233
BGMaverick9
Guru

FYI, The show will be uploaded tonight.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #234
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Monday's episode (1/10/2011) is published - have at it.

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com
------------------------------
This episode is chock full of content.. it's like a Snickers in Podcast form. Mike Bacsik jumps on to fill in as co-host with Rhylan out, we have an interview with JJ Barea, and Mark Followill dials in for a segment to share his usual wisdom and a dose of soccer science. Enjoy.

Intro - Game Recaps
19:12 - JJ Barea Interview
31:47 - Dirk Update / Injury Impact
42:55 - Sasha Pavlovic Signing
55:30 - Game Previews
1:12:48 - The Golden Tones of Mark Followill
1:37:30 - Mystery Segment (How Badly do the Mavs Need a Trade?)
Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #235
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

BG and I are about to go live with the Mavericks Outsider Report, if you want to air your greivances give us a call at 214-317-4787.

Stream the show at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mavericks-outsider-report.

We'll be following normal format, but with the game fresh in our minds, there will be some post-game venting, I'm sure.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #236
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Today's episode (1/17/2011) is published. Lots of discussion about the Mavs current state of affairs and possible options.
---------------------
Our first show in our new broadcasting home, coming on the heels of the Mavs' 6th straight loss in Detroit on MLK day. Lots to talk about in terms of where the Mavs need to look for help - because help is required.

Intro - Game Recaps
22:12 - Rumorville, Part 1
46:50 - Rumorville, Part 2
1:03:30 - NBA Nuggets
1:24:52 - Game Previews (LAL, CHI, NJN)
1:43:00 - Mystery Segment (Contraction in the NBA?)

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/
Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #237
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
BG and I are about to go live with the Mavericks Outsider Report, if you want to air your greivances give us a call at 214-317-4787.

Stream the show at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mavericks-outsider-report.

We'll be following normal format
Be sure to set your clocks...we've got our new time-slot at the TJBC
Monday's starting at 6 PM.

Call, email...all of it, be a part of the show!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #238
BGMaverick9
Guru

Tonight 6pm, we will be back with another episode of MOR.

We'll tackle the week that was and the week that will be.
Dig into the rumors and news with player acquisitions that have go on, maybe even ones that could potentially go on in Mavs-land.

We've got a lot of good stuff on tap, so be sure to listen live at 6, and give us a call at 214-317-4787.
You can stream us live at http://www.highway377.com/mor.

Last edited by Rhylan; 01-24-2011 at 01:28 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #239
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

4 pm pacific right?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #240
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
4 pm pacific right?
Yep.