Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2023, 05:11 PM   #321
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I don't why, but if we keep our pick, I have a gut feeling Cason Wallace is the guy. He'd also provide some Kyrie leaving insurance.
I pray he?s there for us. Love his game. BPA all the way for me.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2023, 09:59 PM   #322
liqwidhalo

liqwidhalo has a spectacular aura aboutliqwidhalo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I pray he?s there for us. Love his game. BPA all the way for me.
We already have our Kyrie insurance in Jaden Buckets Hardy. We need a freaking center, whether that is Taylor Hendricks, Trayce Davis, Mitchell Robinson, Clint Capela, or Myles Turner.
liqwidhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 10:43 PM   #323
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by liqwidhalo View Post
We already have our Kyrie insurance in Jaden Buckets Hardy. We need a freaking center, whether that is Taylor Hendricks, Trayce Davis, Mitchell Robinson, Clint Capela, or Myles Turner.
Yeah, I'm all about drafting best available, but we can't do another pg.

However, if Wallace did fall to us, then we'd have a killer trade asset.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:06 AM   #324
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Not wanting Powell back on a minimum or much cheaper deal is...bad roster building aka what we have been complaining about.
Yep. He's survived all these players brought in to replace him. Yes, it's not good he's our starting center, BUT he's our starting center because he's better than the other players. Don't understand all the hate, none of it is his fault, but the FO's.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:12 AM   #325
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Unfortunately to the downside, I can see this potentially muddying the already murky waters of who the hell is in charge in the Mavs FO.
Isn't it Cuban? I think knowing who is in charge isn't the problem. That it is Cuban is the problem.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:35 AM   #326
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Yep. He's survived all these players brought in to replace him. Yes, it's not good he's our starting center, BUT he's our starting center because he's better than the other players. Don't understand all the hate, none of it is his fault, but the FO's.
He was not, is not, and will never be better than Christian Wood no matter what your opinion of Wood is.

And the hate is completely warranted because he sucks. He can't rebound, defend, or score. His only attribute that people love to bring up is setting a pick.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-22-2023 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:13 PM   #327
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Man I wish we had multiple picks. Lots of guys in the teens/ 20s that will contribute from this class:

High Upside, Raw Guys -- Rayan Rupert; Dereck Lively; James Nnaji; Adem Bona; Sidy Cissoko

Ready to Contribute Guys -- Kris Murray; Trayce Jackson-Davis;

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down. Maybe for 16 + 28 from Utah? Anyways, don't be surprised if we take TJD at 10.
Remember when we had 3 picks in top 36 in 2020 in what was a pretty deep draft with serviceable players in the top 40 and somehow ended up with about 0.75 out of a possible 3 NBA players?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:06 PM   #328
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Which is why I'm hoping the FO contacts Indiana and offers the next 1st round picks for Turner.

It's been way overdue to get Powell and THJ off this team.

They have both run their course

The roster is stale and those two guys are part of the problem

Powell is arguably the worst rebounding center in the NBA and he can't rim protect for shit.

Why keep a guy who got badly outplayed by Miami's street FA big man (zeller)
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:11 PM   #329
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Watching the Lakers I'm thinking about their trade package. Difference is they already had two superstars. So if we made the Russell/Vanderbilt/Beasley move, then we're still at the same quandary of Luka and the B squad.

Key is to re-up Kyrie, then at the deadline or hopefully sooner you make a deal like that.

Old 04-23-2023, 02:41 PM   #330
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Watching the Lakers I'm thinking about their trade package. Difference is they already had two superstars. So if we made the Russell/Vanderbilt/Beasley move, then we're still at the same quandary of Luka and the B squad.

Key is to re-up Kyrie, then at the deadline or hopefully sooner you make a deal like that.
The problem is after the kyrie trade the mavs failed to add another piece to this team mainly defensively

For example the Knicks added someone like Josh Hart for cheap or the Hawks adding S.Bey

The mavs simply decided to relax after picking up kyrie.

There were quite a few guys who moved at the deadline for bargain shopping trade assets in return

These entire playoffs is so frustrating to watch now because it's like I said the mavs could have shocked someone in these 1st rounds simply because they had Luka and kyrie but they refused to sit mf's like Powell who don't help you

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-23-2023 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:47 PM   #331
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The problem is after the kyrie trade the mavs failed to add another piece to this team mainly defensively

For example the Knicks added someone like Josh Hart for cheap or the Hawks adding S.Bey

There were quite a few guys who moved at the deadline for bargain shopping trade assets in return

These entire playoffs is so frustrating to watch now because it's like I said the mavs could have shocked someone in these 1st rounds simply because they had Luka and kyrie but they refused to sit mf's like Powell who don't help you
Very well put regarding MF'ers like Powell
Old 04-24-2023, 10:21 AM   #332
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

A little misleading considering Portland got a 1st rounder along with two younger players that aren't just throw ins.

The Saadiq Bey trade would have required additional 2nds and I only see we have the 2025 available to trade. Mavs need to find ways to replenish the cupboard there.

Edit: actually, it looks like Atlanta used up five (5!) 2nd rounders in that trade.

https://www.nba.com/hawks/news/the-h...trade-deadline

Last edited by saclare; 04-24-2023 at 10:23 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 12:45 PM   #333
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Well when you look at Paul Reed or Robert Williams III in the playoffs, then you can see even the slightest upgrade at center would be huge. That's why trying to get someone like Tshiebwe in the draft is necessary.

Hell, I'd even consider Lively. He is a Tyson Chandler started kit but with a 7'7 wingspan. Needs a few years to develop though. But 7'1 shot blockers don't grow on trees.

Old 04-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #334
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Remember when we had 3 picks in top 36 in 2020 in what was a pretty deep draft with serviceable players in the top 40 and somehow ended up with about 0.75 out of a possible 3 NBA players?
Donnie and RC seemed like anti-draft guys unless you had a high end pick in the lotto range. Cuban seems to want to regurgitate the I don't like draft picks from that regime.

With all the disappointment this year over the team, Kidd, and Nico they seemed to have handled their first draft OK landing Hardy. Sounds like they were going to take him with first round pick but jumped back in when he was still available 10 picks later. While more still needs to be proven maybe this group can actually evaluate and get some productive young guys then develop them to inject needed youth and energy into the team.

Pistons have a lot young guys and if they land Vic I would certainly expect they might entertain trading Stewart with Bagley, Duren and wiseman on the team. They could still land one of the forward from the Walker/Whitmore/Hendrick/Miller trio and would still have pick 31 to use on another big. Wonder if the Mavs could deal the 27 FRP for stewart even if they keep the 23 pick.

Last edited by sig; 04-24-2023 at 12:56 PM.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:12 PM   #335
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Nothing against Wallace but if Mavs were to go for a guard at 10 which I expct they use for a PF/C, I'd take Hood-Schifino.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospec...satsi_19402903

Nick Nurse- hate to say it but he seems like the perfect replacement for Pop in a join the staff and have a 1 year handoff transition. f he wants immediate job, Houston has to be getting atttractive.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 08:02 PM   #336
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of need, Lively checks all of the boxes of what we desperately need.
If Hendricks is there when we pick, he would be a no brainer, but I doubt he falls to us.

I wouldn't be upset if we traded back with someone like the Nets for 21/22/51 for the #10 pick. Then take Lively with one of those picks and maybe Murray or Miller with the other.
Then grab one of the bigs (Edey, Vukcevic, Nnaji, Watson, Tubelis, or Timme) with the 51.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:04 PM   #337
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
Nothing against Wallace but if Mavs were to go for a guard at 10 which I expct they use for a PF/C, I'd take Hood-Schifino.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospec...satsi_19402903

Nick Nurse- hate to say it but he seems like the perfect replacement for Pop in a join the staff and have a 1 year handoff transition. f he wants immediate job, Houston has to be getting atttractive.
Houston just signed Udoka
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:06 PM   #338
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Miami is just another example as to why everyone starts over 0-0 in the playoffs

Don't matter what your regular season record is anymore
Old 04-24-2023, 09:40 PM   #339
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The only pick we take at 10 will be for another team.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:10 PM   #340
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Miami is just another example as to why everyone starts over 0-0 in the playoffs

I mean Milwaukee did lose the best player in the world in game 1?
Old 04-24-2023, 11:34 PM   #341
Zeus

Wow Desmond F'n Bane. Nights like tonight you realize what a huge miss it was taking Green over Bane. Green will never match him as Bane is improving faster than Green.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:30 AM   #342
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I mean Milwaukee did lose the best player in the world in game 1?
Right which is another example

Because you don't know what might happen

Key injuries could alter any series in the playoffs
Old 04-25-2023, 08:07 AM   #343
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Right which is another example

Because you don't know what might happen

Key injuries could alter any series in the playoffs
You act as if we all wanted our team to suck. Gimme a break with this stuff.

Why don't you email Kidd and ask him how he lost to Charlotte back to back.

Old 04-25-2023, 11:44 AM   #344
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you mean 7 seed 44-38 Miami Heat with a top 10 defense?

LMAOOOOOOOO
Old 04-25-2023, 01:23 PM   #345
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Our ability to make a sustained playoff run is hampered by our lack of defense and rebounding, and over reliance on 3s.

Luka and Kyrie probably would have won us some games, but given our dearth of talent we're way better off with the 80% chance of retaining a draft pick than playing in the playoffs.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:44 PM   #346
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Found this on bleacher report

I'd definitely pull the trigger if Toronto accepted this deal

Dallas Mavericks Receive: O.G. Anunoby

Toronto Raptors Receive: Josh Green, Tim Hardaway Jr., No. 10 pick*, 2026 first-round pick (unprotected; becomes 2027 first-rounder if Dallas' 2024 obligation to New York doesn't convey)

(*If Dallas drops outside the top 10 of the lottery, its pick goes to New York, in which case this offer would feature firsts going to Toronto in 2024 and 2026 instead.)
Old 04-25-2023, 03:46 PM   #347
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Our ability to make a sustained playoff run is hampered by our lack of defense and rebounding, and over reliance on 3s.

Luka and Kyrie probably would have won us some games, but given our dearth of talent we're way better off with the 80% chance of retaining a draft pick than playing in the playoffs.
I actually think the mavs would have beat the Grizzlies or kings

Denver would have been tough but I think they take the nuggets to 6 or 7 games
Old 04-25-2023, 04:53 PM   #348
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Found this on bleacher report

I'd definitely pull the trigger if Toronto accepted this deal

Dallas Mavericks Receive: O.G. Anunoby

Toronto Raptors Receive: Josh Green, Tim Hardaway Jr., No. 10 pick*, 2026 first-round pick (unprotected; becomes 2027 first-rounder if Dallas' 2024 obligation to New York doesn't convey)

(*If Dallas drops outside the top 10 of the lottery, its pick goes to New York, in which case this offer would feature firsts going to Toronto in 2024 and 2026 instead.)
I?ll admit to not knowing much about OG, but I?d have a hard time giving up 2 firsts and Green for a non all star.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:34 PM   #349
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I?ll admit to not knowing much about OG, but I?d have a hard time giving up 2 firsts and Green for a non all star.
OG is sort of like Brunson

He's a young talent that is really good just needing the opportunity to take off

He's one of the better two way players in the NBA

I like Josh Green but OG is better closer to a All Star level talent.

With Kyrie and Luka surrounded by the right players I'm betting that future 1st round pick would be mid to late 20's
Old 04-25-2023, 08:01 PM   #350
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
OG is sort of like Brunson

He's a young talent that is really good just needing the opportunity to take off

He's one of the better two way players in the NBA

I like Josh Green but OG is better closer to a All Star level talent.

With Kyrie and Luka surrounded by the right players I'm betting that future 1st round pick would be mid to late 20's
Sure the second first round pick might be in the 20?s, but what about the #10 this year that you also proposed? I just think that?s a steep price to pay for a guy who isn?t a proven all star. Green is 1 of our 2 assets (Hardy being the other) that might have any sort of trade value. With Toronto potentially blowing it up I?d offer up that package for Siakam.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:16 PM   #351
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally don?t believe OG will ever reach another level or be more than a solid two-way wing. I wouldn?t give up much more than Green for him, and I also believe Green can easily reach his level.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:27 PM   #352
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Personally don?t believe OG will ever reach another level or be more than a solid two-way wing. I wouldn?t give up much more than Green for him, and I also believe Green can easily reach his level.
And we basically used a similar package for KP, a non-star two way player, and how did that turn out?

I like OG, but the assets you will be giving up won't be worth it unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat to fill out the rest of the team.

Like, if number uno isn't replacing Dwight Powell as starting center, then I'm not interested until that is done.

Old 04-25-2023, 10:06 PM   #353
tap2390
Diamond Member

Agreed, with the situation we?re in we really need to show smart asset management. To me that means accepting that the cost for OG is not worth it when we can have 80% of OG without sacrificing assets (Green).
Old 04-26-2023, 09:36 AM   #354
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This draft is full of OGs and I'm convinced that if we'd developed Green right instead of wasting his life with Rick and then jerking him around with Kidd, Green would be OG-level.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:08 AM   #355
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed, with the situation we?re in we really need to show smart asset management. To me that means accepting that the cost for OG is not worth it when we can have 80% of OG without sacrificing assets (Green).
Agree 100% with this. With Green as 80% of OG with better 3 point shooting, playmaking and at likely less than half the cost even after Josh?s extension.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:48 AM   #356
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Hell no to giving up two 1st rounders + Green for OG Anunoby. Especially if that includes a potential top 10 pick this year. IF the Mavs end up falling out of top 10 for this draft, I could get behind the other two in that scenario, but I'd be hard pressed to still include Green. Whatever your perception is of him, he does hold value in trades.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:53 AM   #357
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Also we have two options:

1) We re-sign Kyrie. We'd be sitting at 131mill with a salary cap around that same number. Only guys on the roster: Kyrie, Luka, THJ, Bertans, Bullock, Kleber, McGee, Green, Hardy.

2) Kyrie walks. We have room for a max contract, but only 8 guys on the roster: Luka, THJ, Bertans, Bullock, Kleber, McGee, Green, Hardy.

Either way I'd take a rookie deal over spending picks and 18mill on a guy that could walk next summer (player option)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 11:29 AM   #358
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well if Hendricks or Walker fall, then it's a no-brainer keep. Not even sure I'd trade them straight up for OG let alone anything else.

A draft pick's value is largely on whether you play them or not. Those two guys would get instant minutes provided Kidd has decided not to have another crazy-minded season.

Our young guys are our best assets and soon to be best contributors. We need more of that.

Old 04-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #359
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well if Hendricks or Walker fall, then it's a no-brainer keep. Not even sure I'd trade them straight up for OG let alone anything else.

A draft pick's value is largely on whether you play them or not. Those two guys would get instant minutes provided Kidd has decided not to have another crazy-minded season.

Our young guys are our best assets and soon to be best contributors. We need more of that.
We're watching rookies get minutes in the playoffs right now(keegan murray looks like a future big time player; was 4th overall), whoever we pick has to be part of the rotation and not some mind game bs. Pick a guy thats ready to contribute, and can still be in win now mode. Im not sold on OG anyway.

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-26-2023 at 11:42 AM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:28 PM   #360
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Default AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
We're watching rookies get minutes in the playoffs right now(keegan murray looks like a future big time player; was 4th overall), whoever we pick has to be part of the rotation and not some mind game bs. Pick a guy thats ready to contribute, and can still be in win now mode. Im not sold on OG anyway.
If Walker and Hendricks aren't there, then you can trade back to get another pick or two...draft both Tshiebwe AND Lively. Center position solved just by the draft.

Everything depends heavily on getting that pick though. It opens up so many options that we just don't have if it conveys.