Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer League GDT: Mavs vs Wizards 7 PM CST

Who is ready for some Beaubois vs Wall?
That's gonna be tasty!

We get to see Ian Mahinmi for the first time tonight as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

The Roddy vs. Wall matchup should be very fun.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

where is it possible to watch summer league games online for us that don't live in the dfw area (i live in waco)?
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian Mahinmi, pronounced as (Yon or Yawn) correct?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
where is it possible to watch summer league games online for us that don't live in the dfw area (i live in waco)?
that game should be on espn tonight
Old 07-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I believe you should be able to catch the game on NBA TV, and ESPN 3 or 360 idk. It is really weird watching TXA and it just jumps to NBA TV I was hoping for their own broad cast but that would be too much considering the games are in Vegas.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Ian Mahinmi, pronounced as (Yon or Yawn) correct?
Yes, that's correct.

And yes, I know I mentioned this a few days ago, but I'll say it again: ESPN3 (which was called ESPN360, but they changed the name) will be airing the Mavs game on the internet totally free, in good quality. If you want to watch it on TV, you can see it if you are in the DFW area on TXA 21, or if you have NBA.tv, I believe it is broadcast there as well.

The last SL game, on Sunday, will also be on ESPN3.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yes, that's correct.

And yes, I know I mentioned this a few days ago, but I'll say it again: ESPN3 (which was called ESPN360, but they changed the name) will be airing the Mavs game on the internet totally free, in good quality. If you want to watch it on TV, you can see it if you are in the DFW area on TXA 21, or if you have NBA.tv, I believe it is broadcast there as well.

The last SL game, on Sunday, will also be on ESPN3.
ESPN3 is only free if you use one of these affiliate ISPs. You either go to espn3.com at home (through the ISP) or log on to your ISP account when you're away to access it.

Just in case anyone gets confused.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up. Forgot about espn3, Uverse may not have NBAtv which sucks but thank god they are affiliated with espn3. Glad to be able to watch a high quality stream.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
ESPN3 is only free if you use one of these affiliate ISPs. You either go to espn3.com at home (through the ISP) or log on to your ISP account when you're away to access it.

Just in case anyone gets confused.
Oh, my bad, totally didn't realize that. It appears the list has all the main US providers...does this rule mainly lock out foreign watchers from viewing it? I seem to remember some of our German members saying they could not watch ESPN3 when it was broadcasting Maverick games.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
tcat075
Diamond Member

Oh yeah, Mahinmi is making his SL debut for the Mavs.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Yup, looks like Mahinmi is starting.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

LOL....we re getting steam rolled.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 07-15-2010 at 07:06 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jesus, that was a quick 11 points for the wizards. Down 11 to start the game.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Down 15 points...phew... .

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 07-15-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

15-0 start for the Wiz.

This is ugly.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #17
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Real situations Roddy is going to face with this team...except this isn't the Mavericks team that led the league in coming back from trailing...this is the Mavericks Summer League team...big difference. Oh yeah and I get really annoyed when the team I want to see score is losing. It gives me heart aches
Old 07-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Jones defended Wall twice so far and both times he did a great job on him. In the last games he also did a good job most of the time defensivly. He can be a good defender in the NBA i think...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #19
tcat075
Diamond Member

Right off the start, Roddy the turnover. Forced a pass to the post.

Dominique Jones with some nice defense. Bodied up Wall on the drive and knocked it out of his hands, though it wasn't a turnover.

Mahinmi doesn't have the hops like McGee for Washington does, but he's been around the balls on rebounds the first few possessions.

Jones gets the and-1, with a hard drive. The finish was left handed right over the hand of a defender. Well done.

Ugh. Roddy just fouled a three point shooter.

Announcers just said Wall could lead the league in assists. Ha. Even if he had the ability, he plays for Washington. Its not going to happen.

Dojo with the pick and pop with Samhan, drew both the defenders baseline and tossed it back, rewarded with a swish. Next possession, he drove hard and just ran over some poor defender, getting a blocking call and two free throws. If you haven't figured out, he is not scared of contact. Dojo, again, beautiful drive. Came inside, stopped on a dime, spun around knocking a defender aside with just muscles, and got an easy chippie. Man, I keep wanting to make a new paragraph, but Dominique keeps making plays! Drives, and flicks it over his head to Mahinmi who is fouled hard. It was a great pass, and he couldn't have set his big man up much better. Mahinmi was hacked hard, don't think he went weak or anything.

Two quick fouls on Roddy. One was a bad call, but the other, he just bodied the guy up too much. Bad foul. There was no steal to be had, no turnover to be forced, just tried to defend too hard.

Jones just blocked a three pointer. He's started really well.

Lin just drove to the basket, and somehow got a wide open uncontested layup. The big man down low, not sure who, screened his man off really well and Lin, getting about two steps, was able to just finger roll the ball in as if it was a layup line.

Lin with a beautiful crossover. He split the defense badly. Unfortunately, didn't finish it. Still it was a fantastic move.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
RareMilk
Golden Member

Lin is so interesting to watch...its like my lovefest for barea when I first watched him play
Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Roddy with 5 fouls already...he has to slow down a little bit.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #22
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Lin with a great pass...something that Roddy has yet to do...I really do hope they trade Barea and give Lin a shot. He's getting better by the game...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #23
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Jones and Lin are playing really well so far. I'm loving the defense and passing ability of Jones. Lin has been a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by monty55555; 07-15-2010 at 07:42 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #24
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Any chance we´re going to see some Seck tonite?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #25
tcat075
Diamond Member

I mentioned Jones with the beautiful feed to his post player? He did it again. He drove, but with an over the head pass, sets up Sims very well, who can't finish.

Jones just blocked Wall again on a stepback jumper.

Samhan isn't just knocking down open jumpers. Caught the pass, pump faked, took a step in and to the left, and drained the shot with hard contest from McGee (not the easiest guy to shot over, as you might know).

Lin penetrates, again. If people say he's not athletic, don't believe them. This guy is fast and quick and has NBA moves off the dribble.

I believe that was Roddy, hitting Jones who had broken away on the fast break in stride with a defender in the vicinity. And Jones, again, gets a steal, dribbles it off his foot, collects it, fakes like he's going for a reverse layup and puts it up off his side of the glass for 2.

Lin just made one of those Allen Iverson/Chris Paul/Deron Williams type passes, where he cocked his arm back and fired a bullet one bounce pass to Jones alone under the basket. That was a fantastic delivery.

Roddy drove, kicked to Jones, who rotated to Giddens. However, Giddens didn't make a move, just stood there, then gave his man a fake, before giving it up. The shot clock was in single digits, and Giddens can't just stand there.

Mahinmi just shot an 18 footer, nice stroke, just off the back of the rim and out.

Jones just muscled through a double and kicked to Lin who rimmed out a corner trey.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #26
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Refs are ridiculously whistle-happy. Foul on every play?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #27
tcat075
Diamond Member

Boy, these announcers suck! I liked the others a lot better. They are madly in love with Wall. They've complained when fouls are called against him, they've complained when he was called for a travel because "they should have let him have his sixth assist". Boy, settle down. He's a nice player, but he's one of 10. Could you spend at least a few seconds talking about the other team?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #28
RareMilk
Golden Member

Wasn't the name Cartier Martin tossed around as being a possible Maverick?

JJ out, Lin in.

Wall ain't too bad, but has he dropped 40 on GSW?

Jones needs to grow a beard, and get neck tats in case Stevenson is booted this off season.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #29
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Wall is really something special... He's going to be a great player.

But come on... he's getting superstar calls right now.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #30
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Mahinmi looks serviceable. Needs to develop a little more control, but he is built, and has a quick first step.

Boy, the Mavs are going to struggle against the so many new, young fast point guards in the league. It seems every team is getting a good one now. Jason is going to get some whiplash over and over again...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #31
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Jones and Mahinmi looks good!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #32
tcat075
Diamond Member

Mahinmi has gone to the free throw line twice now in the past minute, both times off a drive. He's is a center, but he much more athletic than the usual. His drives were a bit wild, gotta be honest, but they earned free throws regardless. And I think he made all four of the FT's.

I think Wall has got three bailout/superstar calls so far. Its gets annoying, because Jones just blocked Wall on a jumper for the third time.

Last edited by tcat075; 07-15-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #33
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Boy, the Mavs are going to struggle against the so many new, young fast point guards in the league. .
luckily we have Jones now. Unluckily, he'll be a rookie.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #34
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

That was not just a lazy pass by roddy, the guy didn't come to the ball at all.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #35
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

any link?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
tcat075
Diamond Member

Announcers said that Roddy made a lazy pass. To me, it looked like Dominique just took his eyes off it and was "lazily" catching it. Blame it on both of them, to be honest.

And Wall just got another questionable call.

I've heard that Samhan sometimes has too many post moves? Well, there's another example. Pump faked twice resulting in a 3 second call.

Jones pulls for a jumper but passes off for a wide open Samhan jumper which swishes in. Good decision.

Mahinmi puts it on the floor again, draws a blocking foul.

Announcers just said Utah is going to be "much better" this year with Jefferson replacing Boozer.

Jones just backed his man into the paint and went to a jump hook. It got goaltended. Interesting idea...would love to have seen if he could have completed that minus the goaltend. That's an interesting skill set for a guard, but it makes sense because of his strength.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #37
Maringa
Golden Member

Who is this MgGee guy? He is a beast....
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #38
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
That was not just a lazy pass by roddy, the guy didn't come to the ball at all.
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing.

I think Roddy has to take a little blame, but Jones just kind of left the ball hanging out there so that Washington player could come swat it away.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #39
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

The referees are annoying as hell, blowing their whistles on almost every trip down the court...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #40
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Who is this MgGee guy? He is a beast....
Haven't heard of him? He played a ton of meaningful minutes last year for Washington. I think he was the starting center. He's in the summer league just because he's still young and raw. He made the highlights for having a league record 7 dunks in a game (or tied it or something).

Tags
aggrobanedouchemonger, cadboner, caddouche=suicidalfluffy, cadouchebane, cadxpertfailbane, mefailenglishunpossible, verycreativetagmrching, youfailenglishmostbad