Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
From what I've seen from Pau over the years he's a very good guy. Very classy, hard worker and he also seems to be one of Dirk's main buddies also. I have a lot of respect for him.
I remember a game a couple of seasons ago in the Staples center, there was a small intermission while the refs were reviewing a shot clock issue or something. So out of boredom, Dirk took the ball over to one of the baskets and started shooting jumpers. Then Pau casually walked up, Dirk fed him a bounce pass, and the two of them started a little shoot around for a couple of minutes. Quite a difference from the American jerk culture where you don't help an opposing player off the floor.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Quite a difference from the American jerk culture where you don't help an opposing player off the floor.

Why can't you see his pure passion for the game???

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I remember a game a couple of seasons ago in the Staples center, there was a small intermission while the refs were reviewing a shot clock issue or something. So out of boredom, Dirk took the ball over to one of the baskets and started shooting jumpers. Then Pau casually walked up, Dirk fed him a bounce pass, and the two of them started a little shoot around for a couple of minutes. Quite a difference from the American jerk culture where you don't help an opposing player off the floor.
Yeah, players nowadays just take it too far. There's nothing wrong with competitive nature but I think the sportsmanship in our league is very poor. Guys who act like thugs are praised, and the good guys like Dirk and Gasol will be called soft. There's nothing soft about either of them, Pau and Dirk are similar in that they're not the most athletically gifted or strongest players. But both work so hard on their games, and have improved over the years. Obviously, Dirk is the better player but I'll never have an issue with Gasol because he's a shining example of hard work and sportsmanship. And so is Dirk.

Last edited by LSMF; 02-25-2010 at 03:24 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!