Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I actually thought the gas station scene was one of the best ones...not that I like watching burning corpses, but because it came of as really and truly...err....menacing.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I actually thought the gas station scene was one of the best ones...not that I like watching burning corpses, but because it came of as really and truly...err....menacing.
it certainly was.....uh.....menacing.

it was far more brutal than anything they've done before...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mohinder stuff was flat out awful. Just awful.

The only explanation I can think of with Nikki is it's a new personality, and the gene or whatever giving them powers manifests itself in a different way with the new personality. Which would be awful because last season Nikki was learning how to access Jessica's strength, which completely flies in the face of the "new personality/new powers" idea.

I dunno, the only explanation I can think of is ridiculous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That gas station scene was one of the few redeeming scenes simply because I had no idea Marlo Stanfield was going to be on Heroes. (Wire reference)

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The Mohinder stuff was flat out awful. Just awful.
News Flash, thig hates boobies!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
That gas station scene was one of the few redeeming scenes simply because I had no idea Marlo Stanfield was going to be on Heroes. (Wire reference)
I still thought BlueFireDude's special effects could have been better...they looked pretty cartoony to me.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #47
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I still thought BlueFireDude's special effects could have been better...they looked pretty cartoony to me.
Don't you mean "comic booky"?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think Knox is gonna end up being 10x's worse than Marlo was lol. But yea i'm glad he's getting work. A damn good actor.

Quote:
In Mohinder's love scene....we saw a little side boobie....and in the scene with the villains steal the van we see a woman getting burned to death... what is this NYPD Blue???
Kind of caught me off guard. Especially the body on fire. I think that's the most extreme Heroes has taken it and I love it. I'm glad the villans are just that.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Don't you mean "comic booky"?
that'll do

Old 09-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this show based on "comic book" type characters?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Isn't this show based on "comic book" type characters?
and isn't this show trying to be taken seriously...as if its happening in the real world?

I get your point...I would just hope for better special effects.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #52
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I need to review it...I found nothing wrong with any of the special effects.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #53
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and isn't this show trying to be taken seriously...as if its happening in the real world?

I get your point...I would just hope for better special effects.
it's a tv show man, not a movie.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I guess I need to review it...I found nothing wrong with any of the special effects.
maybe I'm just being picky...I especially didn't like the color...super bright blue...something more sinister (darker maybe) would have been nice.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
it's a tv show man, not a movie.
what???!!! I gotta stop giving that ticket kid $8.50 every night then!

Last edited by sike; 09-23-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #56
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And the Nikki stuff...maybe I just didn't get it...is she the same physical being, or is this a completely new person that really doesn't know anything about the rest of that stuff?

I don't get it.
wow, flac, 1 show in and you are already complaining that the story behind the tease hasn't been revealed? You and your wife should just switch over to Dancing With the Stars. You always know what's gonna happen there. Someone will get injured, Tom will make an old man joke about the old man, and that other brit will act all flamy. And there's probably about an 80% chance that either Brooke Burke or Warren Sapp will have a wardrobe malfunction. Heroes is for actually finding stuff out on a pace.

For what it's worth, I'm saying the new Ali Larter character is the 3rd member of a set of triplets. THere were twins, 1 died, and the other absorbed her. Now the new one will have absorbed both the others.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #57
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

UL gets a bit pissy when people disparage his show apparantly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Apparently.

And that sentence about that dancing show, whatever it's called...didn't get a word of that.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #59
fluid.forty.one

flaco with all the tv you and your wife have watched you've heard of dancing with the stars, don't give me that "whatever it's called" bologna.

a cowboy was on it for crying out loud
Old 09-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

He's not a Cowboys fan.... but I am certain he's heard of the show. Maybe not just the details?

The show did/does have faults, but I think they are trying to fix them. That's one bad thing about a serialized drama. But the theme of this drama lends itself to correction, in my opinion.

I "get" the negativity. You invested time and were let down. At least it was 1 and a partial season though.

I'm willing to give it another shot.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #61
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently.

And that sentence about that dancing show, whatever it's called...didn't get a word of that.
well, now from the very first time you watch it, you'll know exactly what's going to happen.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #62
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
UL gets a bit pissy when people disparage his show apparantly.
I'm still bitter that I got drummed out of the lost thread for trolling with my negativity.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #63
sike
The Preacha

anyone who didn't love season 4 of LOST should hold their peace.

Sawyer/Locke/Ben alone are better than the entire series of Heroes.

...and I think Heroes is my third favorite show.

1. LOST
2. Mad Men
3. Heroes

Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #64
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
anyone who didn't love season 4 of LOST should hold their peace.

Sawyer/Locke/Ben alone are better than the entire series of Heroes.

...and I think Heroes is my third favorite show.

1. LOST
2. Mad Men
3. Heroes
go back to your other thread, LOST boy.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #65
sike
The Preacha

I'm a Heroes day oner, son. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #66
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm a Heroes day oner, son. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!
yeah, well, LOST still SUCKS
Old 09-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

I'm about to start a riot up in here....up in here!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I can't even wrap my brain around liking Heroes and not liking Lost.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-24-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #69
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
He's about to lose his mind up in here....up in here!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #70
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lost is one long, rambling, run-on sentence.
Heroes at least has an occasional period.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #71
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Lost is one long, rambling, run-on sentence.
Heroes at least has an occasional period.
UL doesn't mind terrible acting, marginal storytelling, and outright robbery of half the Marvel catalog as long as there are occasional periods.

Last edited by sike; 09-24-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #72
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
outright robbery of half the Marvel catalog
This is the single thing that makes the show so great. That and ripping off Batman. And the fly. And whatever else they are ripping off that I don't catch. And all those star trek references.
It's hard to call it robbery, though - when it's a good bet they know that everyone watching already knows the storylines. Maybe a "new telling" or "re telling" or something.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #73
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
wow, flac, 1 show in and you are already complaining that the story behind the tease hasn't been revealed? You and your wife should just switch over to Dancing With the Stars. You always know what's gonna happen there. Someone will get injured, Tom will make an old man joke about the old man, and that other brit will act all flamy. And there's probably about an 80% chance that either Brooke Burke or Warren Sapp will have a wardrobe malfunction. Heroes is for actually finding stuff out on a pace.

For what it's worth, I'm saying the new Ali Larter character is the 3rd member of a set of triplets. THere were twins, 1 died, and the other absorbed her. Now the new one will have absorbed both the others.

I will say one thing in defense to this. It gets really irritating and redundant when post #43-72 and half of the entire thread so far consist of people whining/complaining/moaning/nit-picking at the same things that's been going on since the 1st season instead of actually talking about what's going on and/or what they think is going to happen later in the show. To the people that's been whining, they can't deny that this is one of the more entertaining shows on television. And if you're getting sidetracked by silly little small things show after show, you don't have to keep repeating them show after show, because it's probably not going to change.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #74
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
UL doesn't mind terrible acting, marginal storytelling, and outright robbery of half the Marvel catalog as long as there are occasional periods.

Marvel has like 100 million characters. Heroes is bound to create a character that reminds you of somebody. I won't be upset until i see someone fling webs out their wrist, turn green, or have claws coming out of their hands. lol.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #75
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

So Hiro could've just traveled back in time five minutes and eliminated his entire storyline for the season.....only "No! I'm never doing that again!"

Flimsy.

Overall, I liked it - it was entertaining for the most part and that's all that I ask. There are some shows that I've learned to grade on a curve for sake of enjoying the show - and Heroes falls into that category.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #76
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
So Hiro could've just traveled back in time five minutes and eliminated his entire storyline for the season.....only "No! I'm never doing that again!"

Flimsy.
as mama petrelli says, you don't just go around jacking with time!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

I understand everyones gripes. I was let down last season too.. but lets complain in the season 2 thread if we're complaining about season 2.

Lets talk about the first episode of THIS season in this thread... an episode I thought was awesome.

It was the first time since the show started that I wasn't bored during any of the storylines.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Nikki....or whatever still bores the hell out of me. I think I just hate that girl as an actress. Everything she says comes out as pompous-arrogant-blond-woman to me. I really don't think she's attractive, and I cheered last season when I *thought* she was dead.

If they eliminated Nikki and Mohinder from this show completely, I would possibly cheer it quite loudly.

I want more Hiro+Ando, I want a LOT more HRG.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-24-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #79
Nash13
Diamond Member

So if Sylar doesn't eat the brains (which i never thought he did), what does he do with them?

~The Salesman
Old 09-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #80
fluid.forty.one

That one's pretty obvious... sorta. Remember how he can lock at clocks and watches and just "know" how they work? He just looked at her brain, realized how the part, where her power is coming from, works, and then had the power.

That's pretty flimsy though, but it has something to do with "knowing how things work"

If the power is coming from a certain part of the brain though that kinda goes against suresh's recent discovery about the adrenaline activators.

Tags
crickets, downhill since episode 1, downhill since season 1, subpar writing