Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs & Pistons GDT - WE NEED A WIN!

Go Mavs!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

A game they must have against a dismal team in the Pistons. I hate to say it but I'm not sure they're going to win. And if they get down early like they're used to doing at home, it's safe to assume that they'll lose as they're 20-3 when leading after the 1st quarter and 10-23 when trailing after the 1st quarter. So a good start is a must.

Go Mavs!
Old 04-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I see a Mavs revitalization beginning tonight!

Mavs 125
Pistons 75

Game over by halftime
Luka + KP combine for 60 points and both play less than 30 minutes
Redick comes off the bench to score 18
Green gets a double-double 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:23 PM   #4
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

They need to win this one, because AD is returning to play against the Mavs tomorrow, and KP will be out.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #5
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Alright Purplefrog! I love the enthusiasm and the predictions!

So I'm pretty sure we are favored by 10 or 10.5 or something. Honestly there are two things (technically 3) that could happen here....
1. Over the last two off days we have come together as a team, had great practices, really talked shit out. And we come out with a purpose even though it's against a much weaker foe, and we more than cover the spread. Something like Purplefrog was saying but doesn't have to be THAT crazy lol. But essentially a blowout where we actually look pretty damn good!
2. Not much has changed and we find ourselves hovering around 6 to 8 point lead or deficit most of the game and we end up winning by less than the spread (single digits).
And the ugly 3... We fucking lose. In which case I would honestly hope that Cuban would fire Rick (but he wouldn't)

***SIDE NOTE*** -- My biggest fear (and probably most of not all Mavs fans) is that we will lose Luka. Cuban and I guess damn Donnie have got to find a way to continuously show Luka that they are willing/trying to do everything they can for the Mavs to succeed and realistically compete for a title! To me, scale of 1-10, I'd give them about a 5.5 right now. All I know, man it would just be devastating if we lost Luka! Let's just effing win tonight ehh?

Well that's where I'm at. Given all the shit games we've had lately and the poor play, I feel we gotta be very motivated to come out with a sense of turning this team around, and against, like I said, an honestly really bad opponent. IMHO there is no excuse for us not to blow the pistons out utterly.

I'm going to remain optimistic today and through the game! Let's go Mavs!!!!

Last edited by D_D_D; 04-21-2021 at 05:43 PM.
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

As Mavs fans should we be worried at this stage of the season that we aren't even sure that this team could beat Detroit?

I mean Donnie and Cuban had all us convinced that this roster when healthy was much better than their record indicated which is why they wanted to stick with continuity at the deadline right?

I mean think about it here we are in April and the players themselves are still questioning effort and energy.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-21-2021 at 06:40 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
As Mavs fans should we be worried at this stage of the season that we aren't even sure that this team could beat Detroit?

I mean Donnie and Cuban had all us convinced that this roster when healthy was much better than their record indicated which is why they wanted to stick with continuity at the deadline right?

I mean think about it here we are in April and the players themselves are still questioning effort and energy.
Honestly man, ya I'd say we should be worried. Absolutely 100%. If this was in December probly not. But now, in April? Fuck yes!

Now, I have no freaking idea what is going on! I personally think it's got something to do with coaching (Rick) ... Just my personal opinion.

But I don't know. I don't get it. We don't come out and play hard all game hardly ever! To me that screams coaching. But I'm just a big fan. Maybe we are just exhausted? Simultaneously in a slump? Dunno!

I kinda feel like maybe there's some discord in the locker room? And for some reason my gut is telling me it maybe is around JRich... Who knows! I don't!

But I also think, unlike Donnie and co. That our roster isn't one that can go very far. If we are healthy and on point, we can beat any team. Once. In a 7 game series, 'nother story! Sorry but that's my thinking man.

I would love to eat me some crow and be proved wrong though!

Last edited by D_D_D; 04-21-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs I guess.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:55 PM   #9
D_D_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Go Mavs I guess.
....you're unsure if you even want to root for the team that you're a "fan" of?

Lol. Now that's sad.

Clearly a fair weather fan.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:56 PM   #10
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

These numbers have to change from our two star players

Ryan Mainville
@RyanMainville

The Mavericks have the fourth-worst DRTG (116.6) in the NBA since 4/6.

Kristaps Porzingis (119.2) and Luka Doncic (118.1) have the highest and third-highest DRTGs in the league among players averaging >35 minutes played per game over that same date range.

That’s... not good. And by “not good,” I actually mean horrible. There’s no excuse for Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis being that bad on the defensive end of the court. Nobody’s expecting them to be Ben Simmons and Rudy Gobert, but they need to be better, and they can be.

When you’re that bad on defense, it’s probably an effort thing. That’s fixable. Hopefully, Luka and KP will be motivated to work a little harder on defense tonight.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:13 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
....you're unsure if you even want to root for the team that you're a "fan" of?

Lol. Now that's sad.

Clearly a fair weather fan.
Yea. A fair weather fan since '96.

This team is playing like asshoe when they need to be playing hard and getting wins. We win this game who's celebrating.?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:14 PM   #12
SMC0007
Guru

No KP at all tonight? Or did he get demoted from SLU tonight?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

If Rick wasn't happy with the Green pick, I would put him in the SLU vs Bey...just to prove the point.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #14
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
If Rick wasn't happy with the Green pick, I would put him in the SLU vs Bey...just to prove the point.
That would ALMOST make this game worth watching. :-O
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:27 PM   #15
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs by 12

Luka with 5 steals.

KP with 5 Blocks.

JRich with 5 Bricks from 3.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #16
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Mavs by 12

Luka with 5 steals.

KP with 5 Blocks.

JRich with 5 Bricks from 3.
so we get the starting trifecta all with "above average" games? ;-)

I like your optimism.

Last edited by turin; 04-21-2021 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #17
turin
Diamond Member

Okay, time to get settled in and root for Luka and the world's tallest shooting guard. :-D
Old 04-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #18
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
so we get the starting trifecta all with "above average" games? ;-)

I like your optimism.
Haha indeed we do.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:37 PM   #19
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Have a feeling Mavs are blowing out Detroit.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #20
Dallas41
Diamond Member

LOL

so we can start Powell and KP together but not WCS/KP
Old 04-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #21
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Jeez can someone please box out on the defensive glass

and who's defending Grant
Old 04-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #22
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Four possessions without Luka. All four are early in the shot clock threes. 1 for 4.

This team doesn't learn.

Last edited by tap2390; 04-21-2021 at 07:54 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:56 PM   #23
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Worst offensive team in the NBA and with 3 minutes left in the qtr they have damn near 30 points

If you can't defend the Pistons who can you defend
Old 04-21-2021, 07:57 PM   #24
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Leave it to this shit defense to make Grant look like Durant.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:58 PM   #25
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Leave it to this shit defense to make Grant look like Durant.
They started Powell on him

They benched Kleber just to install Powell in the starting lineup

He's a worse defender
Old 04-21-2021, 07:58 PM   #26
D_D_D

Quote:
Yea. A fair weather fan since '96.

This team is playing like asshoe when they need to be playing hard and getting wins. We win this game who's celebrating.?
Hey all I was saying was for me, every game is Go Mavs. Not "I guess" ...

But I'm pretty sure I understand you man. I agree completely with how shitty we've been playing of late.

And you know what? I'll fuckin celebrate if we win!! As I hope you guys will too! A win is a win! Which has been hard to come by for us lately otherwise!

So hey Mavs fans, let's root our team we all love on!!

Also Dallas41 I think It was you. No idea why WCS isn't starting over Dwight.... And not liking our play so far lol
Old 04-21-2021, 07:58 PM   #27
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs have wholly regressed. This is who they are. That hot streak mid season was clearly an aberration. They are a poorly coached team that takes bad shots, doesn't make open shots, struggles on defense, and has ZERO intensity or desire.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:00 PM   #28
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
They started Powell on him

They benched Kleber just to install Powell in the starting lineup

He's a worse defender
Yeah Idk.

But nobody looks like they can defend. JRich, DFS, KP are supposed to be our better defenders and all 3 started and we can't defend a chair.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:00 PM   #29
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Fuck it

Just go all out offense

This defense is hopeless might as well out shoot them
Old 04-21-2021, 08:01 PM   #30
tap2390
Diamond Member

Try something different Carlisle you piece of shit!!! Play Bey and Green. Start Redick. Do anything other than what we've been doing!! Jesus Christ.

Last edited by tap2390; 04-21-2021 at 08:02 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #31
turin
Diamond Member

Only gave up 36 points to Detroit in the 1st qtr. SMH

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by turin; 04-21-2021 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:05 PM   #32
D_D_D

There's lots of game left, but this just isn't looking good. On either side of the court honestly!! And so Rick starts Powell over WCS or Maxi??? I'm sorry dude but you have got to go Rick! That's the shakeup we need. A new fucking coach man. We seemed to play well for Mosley. Man I swear, it's so God damn obvious to me, all this time... Rick has to go. All we do is take fucking 3 after 3 and jump shots and play no defense. Does anybody else agree with me??? Ricks gotta go.

Last edited by D_D_D; 04-21-2021 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #33
turin
Diamond Member

Mavs gave up 3 points per freaking minute! Sigh

Old 04-21-2021, 08:07 PM   #34
Dallas41
Diamond Member

LOL

They benched Kleber which is cool I guess but i thought Rick would elevate Redick into the starting lineup for more shooting.

He instead goes the opposite direction and inserts Powell

Not too bad because you get Kleber/WCS playing together again with THJ and Brunson on the 2nd unit.

Just need to Brunson and THJ to stop penetration better
Old 04-21-2021, 08:07 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Mavs suck
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:08 PM   #36
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
There's lots of game left, but this just isn't looking good. On either side of the court honestly!! And so Rick starts Powell over WCS or Maxi??? I'm sorry dude but you have got to go Rick! That's the shakeup we need. A new fucking coach man. We seemed to play well for Mosley. Man I aware, it's so God damn obvious to me, all this time... Rick has to go. All we do is take fucking 3 after 3 and jump shots and play no defense. Does anybody else agree with me??? Ricks gotta go.
Rick has to go.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #37
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Allowing 64%fg 50%3 lolz.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #38
tap2390
Diamond Member

Damn who knew Redick could hit threes??? Everyone except Carlisle apparently.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:12 PM   #39
turin
Diamond Member

Why did RC sub Dorian in for Reddick and not THJ? I just don't get him at all.

Last edited by turin; 04-21-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #40
Dallas41
Diamond Member

WCS looked the best defensively of all our big's but he doesn't have any stamina