Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well Cuban must have stake in Sinclair or something because his response was what set a lot of people off. If they want a monopoly on viewing, fine, but don't bs us by saying we have many ways to watch the Mavs.

No, we don't. The worst part is that most of us are willing to pay for it and not illegal stream. I have no clue how any entity can exist when they basically refuse peoples' money.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well Cuban must have stake in Sinclair or something because his response was what set a lot of people off. If they want a monopoly on viewing, fine, but don't bs us by saying we have many ways to watch the Mavs.

No, we don't. The worst part is that most of us are willing to pay for it and not illegal stream. I have no clue how any entity can exist when they basically refuse peoples' money.
Hmm. Stake in Sinclair or AttNow? The way he's been so dismissive of everything else and suggesting Att is what makes me wonder.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Hmm. Stake in Sinclair or AttNow? The way he's been so dismissive of everything else and suggesting Att is what makes me wonder.
Maybe both? I know the Mavs obviously have a good relationship with Fox and don't want to piss off their sponsors.

But I wonder how happy the sponsors are when people can't watch the games?

Old 12-08-2020, 02:33 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe both? I know the Mavs obviously have a good relationship with Fox and don't want to piss off their sponsors.

But I wonder how happy the sponsors are when people can't watch the games?
Maybe, idk. His response was very off-putting. I don't claim to know all the moving parts of their contracts, aside from what he said about Sinclair having a contract with the Mavs. Reading on Twitter, there are a ton of other people calling bullshit and reeling about how to watch. If I were him, I would be almost terrified that it's cutting it so close to the season and fans don't have any tangible answers. Not sure but ATTNow may not even be an option to those in Apartment complexes who are under contract such as Spectrum etc.

Old 12-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
arioch

arioch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Not sure but ATTNow may not even be an option to those in Apartment complexes who are under contract such as Spectrum etc.
ATTNow is a streaming service. If you have internet (including a smartphone) you can get it. Don't know about the pricing however.

I get people feel Cuban is being too nonchalant, but I'm not sure there's much he can actually do. He has no control over Fox's contracts with TV providers, and at least until his current contracts are up, he has no legal right to move television rights somewhere that's not already covered.
arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch View Post
ATTNow is a streaming service. If you have internet (including a smartphone) you can get it. Don't know about the pricing however.

I get people feel Cuban is being too nonchalant, but I'm not sure there's much he can actually do. He has no control over Fox's contracts with TV providers, and at least until his current contracts are up, he has no legal right to move television rights somewhere that's not already covered.
It's more than just being nonchalant though. He is either being willfully ignorant or is lying to us. I think people are just stunned that he wouldn't be at least a little upset about this or at least side with us in some way. I think Frontier fios cutting them should be a big alarm that something needs to change. At&t cable isn't offered in my area. I live in Plano too...not on the other side of the moon.

And one single streamer isn't sustainable. Esp if Spectrum decides to cut them as well. Like, why would I sign a two year contract with these cable companies if I don't know for sure if I can watch the Mavs?

It's a mess, and I basically won't be able to watch them this season unless I just give in to another streaming service I don't need for one single thing.

Old 12-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's more than just being nonchalant though. He is either being willfully ignorant or is lying to us. I think people are just stunned that he wouldn't be at least a little upset about this or at least side with us in some way. I think Frontier fios cutting them should be a big alarm that something needs to change. At&t cable isn't offered in my area. I live in Plano too...not on the other side of the moon.

And one single streamer isn't sustainable. Esp if Spectrum decides to cut them as well. Like, why would I sign a two year contract with these cable companies if I don't know for sure if I can watch the Mavs?

It's a mess, and I basically won't be able to watch them this season unless I just give in to another streaming service I don't need for one single thing.
I’m in Plano too and also have Frontier. I was debating Hulu TV, but I really don’t want to dish out $50 for a streaming service just to watch the Mavs. Also it sounds like Hulu may not even have FSSW, so I’m stuck.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch View Post

Yea, maybe it's the old Att stream service that actually sent you a small device. The package including FSSW that I saw was $40+ more than Youtube Tv.

As far as what Cuban can or can't do I'm not sure either, but when you are the talent/entertainment and there is a very large fanbase with more anticipation than I can remember in years, you at the very least have leverage going forward. 'Get a deal done or we will not be renewing your contract with us' type thing, but from the minimal I gather from Cuban, he seems pretty content with the current situation. Hopefully there is much more progress behind the scenes than it appears.