Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

To be announced

Roy won't decide on future until after end of playoffs
Posted: Tuesday May 13, 2003 10:26 AM

QUEBEC (AP) -- Patrick Roy will wait until the end of the NHL playoffs before announcing whether he will retire.

The 37-year-old star for the Colorado Avalanche has spent 18 years in the league and is the NHL's winningest goaltender.

"My decision is 90 percent taken but there will be no announcement until the end of the playoffs," Roy told Radio-Canada television Monday night.

It was the first public comment by Roy on his future since Colorado was eliminated from the playoffs on April 22.

"If I want to come back, I still have some good hockey in me, so I have no problem doing that," he said. "I think I had a very good season for myself."

Roy is a co-owner of the Quebec Remparts and has returned to his home city to watch the junior hockey team play in the Memorial Cup tournament beginning Saturday.

Roy aims to take a front-office job after he ends his career. Remparts general manager Raymond Bolduc has one year left on his contract and has said he will retire when it is up.

Roy's other business interests in his home province include part ownership in an annual women's tennis tournament.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links