Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #81
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

eh yeah nice roster.
you could trade a reliever and one of your bench players for a better bench player then pick up lidge. if you want to be risky anyway.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #82
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

hey need some advice guys..just got offered Tim Wakefield for Jonathan Papelbon.

I already have plenty of relief pitchers:
Takashi Saito
Jose Valverde
Dan Wheeler
Brad Lidge
and Papelbon

my starters are:
Peavy
Kazmir
Cain
Bedard
Meche
and Bonderman.

so far I think this trade would be worth it for me, as long as wakefield stays consistant.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #83
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
hey need some advice guys..just got offered Tim Wakefield for Jonathan Papelbon.
bad trade. papelbon is your best reliever and wakefield is just off to a good start. you could try offering some of your other relievers for him.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #84
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

need some advice on a free-agent relief pitcher. I have one extra space but all of the guys I pick up turn out to be duds. right now i'm sporting brian tallet...(who?) my priorities are era/whip..saves are merely a bonus

Last edited by Ninkobei; 06-19-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #85
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
need some advice on a free-agent relief pitcher. I have one extra space but all of the guys I pick up turn out to be duds. right now i'm sporting brian tallet...(who?) my priorities are era/whip..saves are merely a bonus
Are Heath Bell, Kevin Gregg, or Pat Neshek available?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 06-19-2007 at 02:06 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #86
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to post about my league on here.

i'm currently leading my league (74-42-14, 8 team league), but have had 4 or 5 guys hit the DL (or about to go on) recently, and we have only one DL spot. And i don't want to drop any of the guys (Aramis Ramirez, Teixeria, Burnett, Harden, i think one more).

My Current Lineup (because of injuries):

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Nick Swisher
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Freddy Sanchez (doesn't do much besides hit for average, but he has 2B, SS, and 3B eligibility)
SS - Jose Reyes
OF - Jeff Franceour
OF - Grady Sizemore
OF - Nick Markakis
Util - Paul Konerko
Bench - Mark Teixeria (normally starts at 1B)
Aramis Ramirez (normally starts at 3B)
Vernon Wells (was one of my OF, but he hit a huge slump)
Paul Lo Duca (just in case something happens to Martinez)

SP - CC Sabathia, Brandon Webb, Jered Weaver, Ervin Santana (great at home , HORRIBLE on the road), AJ Burnett, Rich Harden (using my only DL slot)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (somewhat frustrating because the Sox won't pitch him in every save situation - trying to avoid burnout, so i guess that's good), Chris Ray, Bobby Jenks

My closers were doing well, but Ray and Jenks have dropped off a little bit as of late.

I actually traded Howie Kendrick and Takashi Saito to a guy for Chase Utley. And the best thing is that the guy offered me the trade! and i would definitely say he knows more about baseball than me... So I basically ended up with 2 first round picks (Reyes and his 1st-rounder, Utley). Kendrick and Saito were like my 13th and 14th round picks.

The same guy flat out dropped Jered Weaver to start the year because he was on the DL. I swooped in and picked him up. I've only made 4 "moves" all year (made the before-mentioned trade, picked up Bobby Jenks with the extra roster spot that created, picked up Jeff Franceour (dropped Hank Blalock), and picked up Jered Weaver and stashed him on my DL til he was healthy (which was exactly when Harden went on the DL)). That's a credit to a great draft.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-19-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #87
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Are Heath Bell, Kevin Gregg, or Pat Neshek available?
Neshek and Bell are available..they are about equal yes? I picked Neshek just because his W/L ratio is better as is his era/whip.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #88
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Neshek and Bell are available..they are about equal yes? I picked Neshek just because his W/L ratio is better as is his era/whip.
Neshek is better, he's a great pickup. I've had him on my roster for a couple weeks now with no regrets.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #89
DOMINATOR

is this fair?
A-rod
guillen or micheal young
uggla or sheffield
Neshek or gagne

for

utley (DL)
hanley ramirez (he already has reyes)
webb
rivera

i need another top SP and another solid closer. i have braun to fill 3rd from Arod

Last edited by DOMINATOR; 08-03-2007 at 07:14 PM.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #90
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
is this fair?
A-rod
guillen or micheal young
uggla or sheffield
Neshek or gagne

for

utley (DL)
hanley ramirez (he already has reyes)
webb
rivera

i need another top SP and another solid closer. i have braun to fill 3rd from Arod
no. before the ramirez and utley injuries its a steal. now your getting killed if your getting that side. the shoulder problems will hurt ramirez.

my team absolutely fell apart with injuries. Ortiz, utley, beltran, tejada
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #91
DOMINATOR

what about
A-rod
Bonderman
Neshek

for

pence (DL)
oswalt
valverde
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #92
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

err, I got an offer as well

Sizemore and Cole Hamels

for

Morneau and Bonderman

- I'd be getting Sizemore and Hamels. looking at the last-months stats it looks like I should do it, but do you guys think Hamels can keep it up?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #93
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
err, I got an offer as well

Sizemore and Cole Hamels

for

Morneau and Bonderman

- I'd be getting Sizemore and Hamels. looking at the last-months stats it looks like I should do it, but do you guys think Hamels can keep it up?
do it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote