Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold
Default Cowboys Anthony Spencer!!!!

I am really liking this guy for the Cowboys. I think he is going to be something special for the Cowboys this year. I have been very impressed with his growth and maturity as a rookie so far.

For those die-hard Cowboys fans:

What do you think about Anthony?

I seriously want to know what you guys read is on this guy. I am very high on him making a good solid impact with his size and quickness.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

was listening to the ticket today, and one of the guys (the show after Norm's I forget what its called) was totally bashing Anthony Spencer. saying that none of his plays "wow"ed him, like Demarcus Ware in his rookie year.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Needs polish, but shows lots of potential. He's an interesting kid!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to learn not to bite so hard on his "free ride" to the QB on screen plays - that is what I noticed more than anything else about his play last night. Now Burnett - damn he played well yesterday.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
was listening to the ticket today, and one of the guys (the show after Norm's I forget what its called) was totally bashing Anthony Spencer. saying that none of his plays "wow"ed him, like Demarcus Ware in his rookie year.
eh. Ware was pretty rough around the edges his first 8-10 games...then he really came on. plus Ware has talent that not many guys have. if spencer can average 8-9 sacks a year, i'd say he's a good pick up.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Needs polish, but shows lots of potential. He's an interesting kid!
I agree, but that kid has alot of potential with that speed for his size. I also think he will come in handy in that attacking defense as well. He has to learn when the TE is going out on a pattern or staying in to block. Other than that, I see nothing but upside. When I see him, I see Ware all over again but as LB position. With Ellis down, I think this defense sets up for him to have a good year. JMVHO..

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 08-23-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
xenonvisions

xenonvisions is on a distinguished road

i like spencer's mohawk..BUT he is a good player..has good potential..its weird to me that we go and get carpenter last year and then bring on spencer this year...
xenonvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I like him, he gets a good push to the qb, looks a little lost at times but he hasn't played a game that matters yet, also really like what I am seeing out of burnett and carpenter we have such great young talent at the lb spot its so exciting
Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 PM   #9
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonvisions
i like spencer's mohawk..BUT he is a good player..has good potential..its weird to me that we go and get carpenter last year and then bring on spencer this year...
carpenter isn't really a pass rushing LB. i guess Bill thought he could be, and he was OK in the Seattle game....but i think when he learns the position, he'll be a very good ILB.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
xenonvisions

we cant wait for him to "learn" a new position..this guy didnt work out, and the coaches are clearly trying to clear it up by drafting spencer...
Old 08-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #11
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
we cant wait for him to "learn" a new position..this guy didnt work out, and the coaches are clearly trying to clear it up by drafting spencer...
yeah, but it's not his position. he shouldn't really ever have been slotted there. he'll be a good MLB.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:32 AM   #12
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
your joking, if you have watched any of the cowboys last three games including the playoff game with seattle you would not make the assumption that carpenter can't play he has shown tons of upside in brief chances. Mkat is right he is not a pass rusher but he is a highly talented LB probley more suited to the inside. Bill didnt want to turn him into a pass rusher b/c Bill's 34 is much different and passive than phillips who needs raw talented rushers.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #13
xenonvisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop
your joking, if you have watched any of the cowboys last three games including the playoff game with seattle you would not make the assumption that carpenter can't play he has shown tons of upside in brief chances. Mkat is right he is not a pass rusher but he is a highly talented LB probley more suited to the inside. Bill didnt want to turn him into a pass rusher b/c Bill's 34 is much different and passive than phillips who needs raw talented rushers.
your right..now that I think about it, carpenter showed up big in the seattle game.. but I dont know if the staff has fallen for him though..i know he hasn't met expectations, but perhaps is growth is stunted due to the "studs" in front of him...

but I like spencer alot better..either way our defense will be kick ass this year..we have some mighty depth...