Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-23-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default Dampier taking charge off the court

This is a game we should have won, but we let it go down the drain," said Dampier, criticizing teammates for settling for too many jumpers. "Even without Dirk and Finley, we still have enough talent to compete and win every night." Fox Sports report on Mav's loss to Twolves.

We need a leader that says things like that. Dampier might just be big enough that others will listen.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2004, 04:00 PM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dampier taking charge off the court

I love hearing that. Where's the original article?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default RE:Dampier taking charge off the court

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3186790

Here
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Wouldn't expect that from Damp. I strongly agree though. Even without Dirk and Finley we are capable of winning against any team any night. I was really dissapointed in Stack and Terry last night. They should've been the leaders on the court last night. They should've been the ones taking charge rather than Harris and Josh.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

That's surprising. Everything we've heard from Damp so far has been low key & PC. It'd good to hear.

Agree FFM, I'm especially disappointed in Stack. You would hope that he'd step up in this situation.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:57 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Very surprising but very,very welcome. The biggest meanest dog barking makes a big difference.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #7
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I just hate how Nellie never put him back in. 11 pts and 9 boards and he was having an impact and Nellie just let him sit on the bench for the last 15 minutes.

Ugh

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
That's surprising. Everything we've heard from Damp so far has been low key & PC. It'd good to hear.

Agree FFM, I'm especially disappointed in Stack. You would hope that he'd step up in this situation.
Yea I know. He's low key but when the guy goes for a dunk he sounds pumped and hyped. If Stack atleast puts up a 40% shooting night I think we win last night. Actually I know we win. We just needed either Terry or Stack to step up.

Miles, you have to remember that Damp is coming off an injury. For all we know Damp may have been feeling to well and coming off an injury you don't really play guys heavy minutes and he played 31 last night.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:32 AM   #9
fifteenth man

fifteenth man is on a distinguished road

I was thinking the same thing as Miles during the 4th quarter. I trust Nellie more than most fans I hear but I couldn't understand why we went so small in the fourth, giving up some of our defensive and rebounding ability at a time when every possession mattered. When we go small we have trouble keeping teams off the offensive glass, and the end of a close game is not the time to be giving teams second chances. Also, I think Damp in the middle keeps the other team honest when we are on offense.
fifteenth man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:11 AM   #10
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Damps got enough scoreboard to say those kinda things, especially when the mavs are trouting out the 3 "kids"
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote