Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Plot to Dispose of Nellie

I've had enough. It's time to be rid of Nellie, and Cuban apparently doesn't have the guts to get rid of him, so I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I'll be at the San Antonio game on Wednesday night, and here's the plan. I'm going to pose as a drunken San Antonio fan, holding up signs saying "Lard Ass Nellie Sucks" and "Anybody But Nellie". Then, late in the game, I'm going to move down close to courtside and hurl a can of Slim Fast at Nellie. When it hits him in the GUT, I'm sure he'll be enraged and charge into the stands to fight me. He SHOULD be suspended for the rest of the season, and Cuban might actually fire him in disgrace. Of course, I'll have to have some bail money and some money to pay the fine for the misdemeanor assault charge, but I'm sure we can take up a collection here to defray my expenses.

So, what does everybody think?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:The Plot to Dispose of Nellie

The one flaw in your plan is that Mark Cuban is capable of feeling disgrace.

Didn't you watch the Mark Cuban show? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Plot to Dispose of Nellie

or the "Benefactor"?....or him on the baseline of every home game screaming at refs...or any interview on radio or television....ever heard his laugh, seen his attire?

I'm all for the little general taking this team next season, have any plans to get that done, kg?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

genius kg.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:57 AM   #5
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Glad to see the "senior members" of the board passionately calling for the removal of Nellie...this team is team is very talented (as were our teams the last two years at least)...and we need to have a coach that knows what he is doing and not hauling off to Maui at every opportunity...I would take AJ in a second...after that preseason game that he coached he said he couldn't sleep and got in the office at 6 am because he was so into it. That's what this team needs.
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #6
CanTheMadScientist

CanTheMadScientist will become famous soon enough

I am good for a $100 donation to the "Free Kg" fund, but only upon completion of the mission. That is a year long suspension of the mad scientist, or his walking papers from Cuban.

While you are at it hold up a sign that reads "Nice defense Del Harris, who would have thought to wear the Spurs out by letting them get layups and slams?" Then you can throw a can of hair gel at him. Or maybe a sack of nuts or a smoothie. Harris is such a wuss you could never get him into the stands, at least not to fight. Maybe you should wear a pink shirt and wink at him. There is an extra $100 if you get rid of Harris too. Why do we have him on our side, just curious?

Can we please, in the name of decent basketball, play our players in their normal positions with a normal rotation and stop all of this smallball, or Dirk at center, or no center, or 2 centers, or whatever else Nellie can come up with to avoid a normal rotation. The talent on this team is incredible, but it is not being used efficiently. The Little General can't take over fast enough for me.
CanTheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Nellie hasnt made good desicions in the game this year.

From a coaching standpoint Nellie 90% out coaches the other guy, but that hasnt been the case this year.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

A small point of advice KG. You are much more likely to entice Nellie into climbing into the stands to take a swing at him if you steal his beer instead of throwing one at him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
A small point of advice KG. You are much more likely to entice Nellie into climbing into the stands to take a swing at him if you steal his beer instead of throwing one at him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Great point, LRB. Even better, perhaps I should simply hold up a sign that says, "FREE BEER". That would DEFINITELY lure him into the stands, then I could pelt him with the object of my choice, starting a fight and achieving the same result.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt it just be better to free all the people locked up in the Dallas Jail drunk tank and sell them all tickets and as much beer as they wanted?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Erica, I don't trust a drunk to coach my favorite team. Why should I trust a whole bunch of them to help me carry out my diabolical plot?
Old 11-23-2004, 01:23 PM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Great plan KG. Lets get er done.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:40 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this is as silly a thread I have ever seen kg post....

i love it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-23-2004, 01:46 PM   #14
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

If for some reason KG's plan doesn't work out, we can always go to plan "B".......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Voodoo doll
Old 11-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #15
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Illoyal.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:01 PM   #16
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I love the idea. Make sure you sit beside a skinny kid so Nellie has someone to go after.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:24 PM   #17

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2

Make sure you sit beside a skinny kid so Nellie has someone to go after.
Exactly. Nellie would look for the mismatch straightaway.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #18
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Member
Quote:

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
Quote:
Originally posted by: Member
Quote:

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
But, instead of going after the skinny kid himself, Nellie would find someone even smaller to go after him just to prove that going small can indeed be successful.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #20
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

I wish cuban would sell the team to the public (but probably noone will buy it cuz its crap hahah)-that way the mavs will get rid of inefficiencies which there are ALOT of. It's obvious, the guy(cuban) is to afraid to do anything. His NAV will only fall(but wait, the rich only get richer). With the dollar sinking and the american economy soon to go bust. Wouldn't it be cool if some chinese investors bought the team?
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:01 AM   #21
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wouldn't it be cool if some chinese investors bought the team?

AH.......................No!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:23 AM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

KG, you didn't succeed.................

Why didn't Nellie put in Shawn in the 3rd to slow down the run. Shawn always disrupts for the first 10 min or so that he is in a game -- till they adjust. Why wasn't their a timeout called when SA went up double digits? Booth did nothing all night offensively or defensively. Henderson isn't big enough to even think of containing TD. Yet they play massive minutes. I would have rather seen Benga get schooled and start his learning process, than the coaching I saw last night.

Overall, I thought that the coaching was very weak for the last few games. Is Nellie just trying to get the team where he is comfortable and can play underdog every night? ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
I wish cuban would sell the team to the public (but probably noone will buy it cuz its crap hahah)-that way the mavs will get rid of inefficiencies which there are ALOT of. It's obvious, the guy(cuban) is to afraid to do anything. His NAV will only fall(but wait, the rich only get richer). With the dollar sinking and the american economy soon to go bust. Wouldn't it be cool if some chinese investors bought the team?
sigh.......Give me a "T"....