Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #401
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

YES!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #402
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well Hollins is 1 million times better than Diop on offense.
Well, it's hard to be worse (or even impossible)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #403
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

J Kidd went crazy when Dirk hit that shot.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #404
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
ONCE AGAIN!

NO V BOOKIE OR OVER/UNDER = WIN!
Thus we should continue with that. Sorry Sarajevo

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #405
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

YES WE CAN
Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #406
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's halfway today, right?

That's a nice 48 win season pace.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #407
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
I take it, I take it...on the road againts a team with a 5 game winning streak...I take it!!

we were the dogs, and Dirk really didn't play well.

How about Josh on the bench down the stretch with Hollins and Wright in the court, and the game on the line...something is not right.

VIVA LOS MAVS!!
You mean everythin is right?? because his sorry a** should be on the bench

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #408
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Well, that's halfway today, right?

That's a nice 48 win season pace.
I think Dirk isn't quite ready to let that 50 wins streak end just yet.

And now that we basically got Tyson Chandler and Peja in one little Diop trade we should be good to go.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #409
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
And now that we basically got Tyson Chandler and Peja in one little Diop trade we should be good to go.
Ladies and gentlemen, the comedy stylings of Dim499
Old 01-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #410
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Hollins just came in, I don't know if he even practice and gets 20 plus minutes and then there is G-Money that has been with this team for the whole season and get a DNP.

Taking RC in his word that he tends to reward players that practice well, I starting to suspect that is baloney!!

I believe that Hollins is the guy that RC want it all along.

1st game and he gets more minutes that Diop was getting and Singleton gets a DNP.

How often does a coach trade for a player, getting barely 8-10 minutes and all of sudden in his first game and without any practice that player become a major part of the rotation?
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #411
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #412
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hollins just came in, I don't know if he even practice and gets 20 plus minutes and then there is G-Money that has been with this team for the whole season and get a DNP.

Taking RC in his word that he tends to reward players that practice well, I starting to suspect that is baloney!!

1st game and he gets more minutes that Diop was getting and Singleton gets a DNP.

How often does a coach trade for a player, getting barely 8-10 minutes and all of sudden in his first game and without any practice that player become a major part of the rotation?
did you watch the game?

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #413
dissentkid

dissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

well, i guess in Hollins' case it was because Damp wasnt really playing well either. And Since Hollins actually played well on D, RC kept him on the floor..
dissentkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #414
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

<==== 'sup?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 01-19-2009 at 04:01 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #415
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:

May be he wanted to see what the guys could do? Caroll wasn't that productive plus Howard was playing today so he was benched. Hollins actually produced so he was given more PT. You are just reading too much into this
Old 01-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #416
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
How can that possibly confuse you? You don't see that the new guys are poor man's versions of those players? Did you see the game today with Hollins in it?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #417
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Hollins might be a better fit with Kidd than Damp. Damp needed a big game and fell short, so Hollins gets the time. I'm starting to think Damp may never have another good game. What is this like 7-8 in a row with a no show?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #418
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heroics over the 76ers...it's a lot like struggling to take candy from a baby for 2.5 hours.
If memory serves me correctly, they were in the middle of a 7 game winning streak that included wins over Houston, San Antonio and Portland.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #419
vRookie

Quote:
How can that possibly confuse you? You don't see that the new guys are poor man's versions of those players? Did you see the game today with Hollins in it?
Comparing them to Chandler and Peja is just laughable man especially when Matt Carroll didn't even attempt a shot
Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #420
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heroics over the 76ers...it's a lot like struggling to take candy from a baby for 2.5 hours.

Just what are you implying...?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #421
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
did you watch the game?
I watch the whole game, well except for a few interruptions.

My point still remains the same.

Hollins played very well, but the Hammer and RHollins have not even practice yet. He's been using Singleton in this type of situations in the past and Hollins not Singleton was the first to come of the bench, If I'm right Hollins was the second Mav to come of the bench.

Leading to my conclusions that GGreen must be riding the pine, because Carslile dont have any confidence in the guy and 2. Ryan Hollins was the guy that RC was targeting all along
Old 01-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #422
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I watch the whole game, well except for a few interruptions.

My point still remains the same.

Hollins played very well, but the Hammer and RHollins have not even practice yet. He's been using Singleton in this type of situations in the past and Hollins not Singleton was the first to come of the bench, If I'm right Hollins was the second Mav to come of the bench.

Leading to my conclusions that GGreen must be riding the pine, because Carslile dont have any confidence in the guy and 2. Ryan Hollins was the guy that RC was targeting all along
Hollins did go through a practice, Carrol did not.

I don't think either one was the "target" of the trade. The target of the trade was to get rid of Diop.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #423
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
J Kidd went crazy when Dirk hit that shot.
me will see

mal schauen ob ich das downloaden kann irgendwo
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #424
dissentkid

dissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the rough

GAME RECAP on NBA.COM

Terry's in your face dunk was a beauty!
and that really was a sweet Alley oop by hollins! hope there are more coming our way.
I believe this kid has a good chance to develop with jkidds passing. lets wait and see.
and the Dirkster..... no comment!
dissentkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #425
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIVGQyvhGaw

Gets a tad repetitive, but only of the good stuff.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #426
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

I would love to see G in there as much as you, but coach's are coach's, they're politicians, trying to be as cordial to media as possible....without giving too much insight into his style. Seems Hollins made it into Dallas and got one practice under his belt, Carroll met the team in Philly.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.3b75494.html

We shouldn't read too much into it right now. Carlisle will go with the his winning hand and that's Hollins at the 5. Hollins did a great job. Plus I think Hollins length will offer cutters and slashers something to think about. He offers and offensive game that Diop never really consistently had, there were a couple of nice hard cuts Hollins made to the bucket. Don't know if that's a feeling he got or a learnt trait.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #427
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt either player was specifically targeted in the deal, like jthig said but I think you're going to get solid returns on the deal.

There were only two things I saw from Hollins I didn't like. He just needs to avoid chippy fouls, his presence on the court can bring a lot of positives. My 2nd big gripe is the lack of rebounds...he really didn't seem to be involved, then I see he only had 1. For being on the court for 20 minutes and looking like the tallest player on the court, that can at least get you more than one rebound.

He's going to play well with Kidd, Dirk and Jet because they'll find him if he gets open. He definitely altered shots in today's game. I think he'll be Diop (now) at worst...but also the best version of Diop we could hope for.

As for Carroll, not seeing him shoot I still came away happy with what I saw. He was VERY active on defense and looked like he had massive amount of spring in his step and was ready to go it on defense.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #428
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I doubt either player was specifically targeted in the deal, like jthig said but I think you're going to get solid returns on the deal.

There were only two things I saw from Hollins I didn't like. He just needs to avoid chippy fouls, his presence on the court can bring a lot of positives. My 2nd big gripe is the lack of rebounds...he really didn't seem to be involved, then I see he only had 1. For being on the court for 20 minutes and looking like the tallest player on the court, that can at least get you more than one rebound.

He's going to play well with Kidd, Dirk and Jet because they'll find him if he gets open. He definitely altered shots in today's game. I think he'll be Diop (now) at worst...but also the best version of Diop we could hope for.

As for Carroll, not seeing him shoot I still came away happy with what I saw. He was VERY active on defense and looked like he had massive amount of spring in his step and was ready to go it on defense.

I think the Mavs can afford to have Hollins be a poor rebounder considering how good we are in that aspect. Seems like an absolute steal based on what we had to give up. 7 footers with his type of athleticism rarely come around. For Diop! LMAO!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #429
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think the Mavs can afford to have Hollins be a poor rebounder considering how good we are in that aspect. Seems like an absolute steal based on what we had to give up. 7 footers with his type of athleticism rarely come around. For Diop! LMAO!
I know we're good at that department, but I see a hole in the game...just making note of it. I thought, as a whole, he was very good today.

I would say though, if he's playing with JJ, Jet, Bass, and...Howard/Wright/George, he better pick up the slack.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-19-2009 at 05:25 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #430
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's just hope it sticks (for Hollins as well). Many players that arrive at new teams have a "spring" in their step.

I'm totally happy if it keeps up...wish I saw the game too...

How 'bout them Mavs?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #431
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Let's just hope it sticks (for Hollins as well). Many players that arrive at new teams have a "spring" in their step.

I'm totally happy if it keeps up...wish I saw the game too...

How 'bout them Mavs?
Charlotte fans were saying that "we'd be surprised" with his effort on defense, so I was expecting something...so it was good enough for me with the first eyeball test. I really thought he was hustling out there. If he bit on a fake, he recovered pretty quickly. He wasn't out there against a slug, it was on Iggy for the most part, and he held his own.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #432
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

There was one series where Hollins beat Kidd down the floor, problem was Hollins was crossing the paint perpendicular, not attacking the rim diagonally. That he will learn with Kidd. Plus he almost threw one down on a play with Terry.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #433
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I would love to see G in there as much as you, but coach's are coach's, they're politicians, trying to be as cordial to media as possible....without giving too much insight into his style. Seems Hollins made it into Dallas and got one practice under his belt, Carroll met the team in Philly.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.3b75494.html

We shouldn't read too much into it right now. Carlisle will go with the his winning hand and that's Hollins at the 5. Hollins did a great job. Plus I think Hollins length will offer cutters and slashers something to think about. He offers and offensive game that Diop never really consistently had, there were a couple of nice hard cuts Hollins made to the bucket. Don't know if that's a feeling he got or a learnt trait.
Thank you for the correction as thig mentioned earlier, I guess Hollins got one practice. I'm not really trashing RC on the contrary is quite refreshing for a coach to count on a player that was not expected to get any meaningful production right away. I remenber last year when the MAVS signed Magliore and it was obvious that the guy wasn't in any playing form.

I actually applaud the MAVS responsible for this trade, because at least if anything Hollins was ready and willing to play.

I remenber Hollins when he played at UCLA and always thought "man what an athlete" too bad he is that timid and that skinny, I thought he will probably become one of those tall skinny 7 footers that try the NBA for one year and finish the rest of his career playing on the Israeli or Venezuelan league.

But Hollins still is hanging out in the NBA, and sometimes players like him made a career in the NBA...guys like Mikki Moore, Anderson Verajao and The Birdman come to mind.

I'm pleasently surprise of what I see so far.

Last edited by pepe; 01-19-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #434
pepe

Quote:

I believef that is the minuses againts Hollins ( lack of Defensive rebound and fouling)...I checked his game log and saw some games with 3 block shots in limited minutes, but also saw a lot of games with no boards..I believe that is something that could be corrected with time as the guy is probably focusing on his defensive responsabilities.

Well time will tell....but I want some of that Hollins kool-aid

Last edited by pepe; 01-19-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #435
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Thank you for the correction as thig mentioned earlier, I guess Hollins got one practice. I'm not really trashing RC on the contrary is quite refreshing for a coach to count on a player that was not expected to get any meaningful production right away. I remenber last year when the MAVS signed Magliore and it was obvious that the guy wasn't in any playing form.

I actually applaud the MAVS responsible for this trade, because at least if anything Hollins was ready and willing to play.

I remenber Hollins when he played at UCLA and always thought "man what an athlete" too bad he is that timid and that skinny, I thought he will probably become one of those tall skinny 7 footers that try the NBA for one year and finish the rest of his career playing on the Israeli or Venezuelan league.

But Hollins still is hanging out in the NBA, and sometimes players like him made a career in the NBA...guys like Mikki Moore, Anderson Verajao and The Birdman come to mind.

I'm pleasently surprise of what I see so far.
Kidd got Mikki Moore his nice fat contract from Sac....in one season. I think kidd will put Hollins to good use on the offensive end.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #436
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we just have to assume that Carroll didn't play much because he hadn't practiced with the team yet.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #437
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
I believef that is the minuses againts Hollins ( lack of Defensive rebound and fouling)...I checked his game log and saw some games with 3 block shots in limited minutes, but also saw a lot of games with no boards..I believe that is something that could be corrected with time as the guy is probably focusing on his defensive responsabilities.

Well time will tell....but I want some of that Hollins kool-aid
Given his PT was far a few between, he probably tried real hard on the defensive end to swat a couple shots into the seats. You can see the resulting foul trouble he got into, he's going for everything. He'll get much more PT and his aggressiveness will be toned down, early on swat a couple, then just say back there and tell drivers to not even think about it.

He's probably out of position most of the time going after the swat.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #438
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #439
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I think we just have to assume that Carroll didn't play much because he hadn't practiced with the team yet.
I think that's going to be a major challenge for Carlisle...he fills a need but guys like Wright, George and Green all fill some kind of need as well. Someone is definitely going to get lost in the shuffle.

Collins definitely did what he needed to do to not get lost in the shuffle quickly.

Either that was a WELL designed play to get Dirk the ball at the end, or he bailed them out. It really looked like they wanted Jet to get the last shot but he was covered well. That was something I was very pleased to see, I want Dirk taking this last second shots. He needs to get the killer instinct and be ready to take that last shot at the end and know how it feels to make it in the clutch. He needs to be familiar with it as opposed to Jet b/c I think if they hammer it home that Dirk is going to be the option, Dirk is smart enough to realize when the opportunity is there and if it isn't he can find someone like Jet who can bring the dagger just as easily, especially if he's open.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #440
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
The spin-fake into that jumper was sick, Evans never stood a chance.

Tags
buzzer beater, dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, gdt 08/09, great win!, rep 2 dirkftw, word of the day - hollins