Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2003, 01:21 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

All righty now. The kid gloves are off and it's time to get serious. The Mavs need to win this game and the Mavs WILL win this game.

It's about time for all three of the Big 3 to click in the same game.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2003, 03:06 AM   #2
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

If the Mavs lose it will be the last game of the Nellie/ Big 3 era.

Mavs 101, Blazers 98.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:29 AM   #3
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

agreed,Mavs win 104-97
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 05:22 AM   #4
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

The best Dallas team ever will win tonight!!
Dirk shows up with another 40+ game, and the other Mavs can do nothing else then follow his example. Team shooting will be around 50%, rebound deficit only 8.
Bradley solid game, finally fouled out, and LaFrentz with 10+ points and atleast 8 reb´s.
Nash plays solid, is not forcing anything, and van Exel plays a good game without killing us in the end.
If Abdul-Wahad, Griffin, Williams and Bell play, they will contribute.
Finley nearly reaches his normal ppg.
Najera plays solid 20 minutes without impressive stats.
In garbage time: Eschmeyer.

It´s like in game 6. We need something like this to reach round 2. Not necessarily Dirk, but one of the Big3 need to have a superstar game, and nobody else is allowed to do a no-show.
Otherwise we are gone!!
Are the Mavs able to put something like this together?
I still believe, so yes!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:25 AM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I still believe.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:46 AM   #6
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

dto. - I still believe.

the mavs have my complete confidence...
especially DIRK !
he will brim with self-confidence and
will be simply magnificent tonight !

big W for the mavs !

gooooooooo m a v s !!!
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 07:03 AM   #7
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I believe.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 07:31 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I still believe.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:39 AM   #9
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

I have been so disgusted with the Mavs over the last week. I would love for them to save themselves of the embarrasment of being the first team to lose a 3 game lead in a 7 game series, however they won't. By the end of the 1st quarter, we will know what transpires. If Portland challenges every shot like they did in the last game, it will be ugly. Portland 108-Dallas 85. Nelson resigns tomorrow or Tuesday. Nick Van Excel tells the media he's going to Disneyworld.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

MFFL starts the thread and shoulders the responsibility. I like when a guy steps up under pressure. Mavs will do the same.

Mavs win. Bring on the Kings.

BTW...I won't be here during gameday today since I HAVE TICKETS!!!!!

WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!! Friend of mine can't go, calls me at 7am this morning and asks me if I wanted 10th row seats. Thought I was dreaming. Look for the #41 Dirk jersey wearing Doc on tv.....

Later folks. See you late tonight when I get back to Waco. GO MAVS!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #11
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Mavs wins.

96 X 89

DIRK 37P, 13R
NASH 20P, 9A
FIN 18P

I BELIEVE. C´MON MAVS!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:11 AM   #12
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mavs 102-95

Doc lives in Waco ?
poor guy !
Old 05-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< I still believe. >>

I steve believe in Dirk and Fin.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:28 AM   #14
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Old 05-04-2003, 10:29 AM   #15
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I believe and also history supports this.

Mavs never lost 4 in a row this season.
No team has ever come back to win a 7 game series down 3-0.
Dirk always followed up with a good showing after a bad game.
Finley plays well in elimination games(utah series).
Old 05-04-2003, 10:39 AM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< I believe and also history supports this.

Mavs never lost 4 in a row this season.
No team has ever come back to win a 7 game series down 3-0.
Dirk always followed up with a good showing after a bad game.
Finley plays well in elimination games(utah series).
>>

What about Nash? Can you find anything for Nash? They're going to need all 3.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

the Mavs have to win this one today. and they will!
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:13 AM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #19
BrilliantPSB

BrilliantPSB is on a distinguished road

The MAVS will make history tonight.
BrilliantPSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:54 AM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

&quot;I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, swiftly, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving&quot;
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:55 AM   #21
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< BTW...I won't be here during gameday today since I HAVE TICKETS!!!!!

WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!! Friend of mine can't go, calls me at 7am this morning and asks me if I wanted 10th row seats. Thought I was dreaming. Look for the #41 Dirk jersey wearing Doc on tv.....

Later folks. See you late tonight when I get back to Waco. GO MAVS!!!!
>>

Bring us luck doc.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #22
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< MFFL starts the thread and shoulders the responsibility. I like when a guy steps up under pressure. Mavs will do the same.!!!! >>

Hey, I was about to step up and take responsibility. However, I went to bed before midnight and didn't get here until 11.

I am going to 6th street in about 20 minutes. I will try to find a bar to watch the game. I made plans to shop for handmade crap with other women not knowing this could ever reach a game 7.

God, please grant the Mavs the strength to kick the living sh*t out of he Blazers.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:02 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win by 12. You have to still believe in this team.

Not predicting who does what cause it's always the oposite. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

To those attending the game, MAKE SOME NOISE!!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #24
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Mavs 110-99

Those of you watching the game at home, make some noise too. It can't hurt.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:54 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

This game will be decided by which Mavs team decides to show up. I still believe the Mavs can take the Blazers and here's hoping they do.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:33 PM   #26
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Blazers win. Nellie´s gone.
But I hope I´m wrong, at least about the game tonight.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #27
SuperMavsFan13

SuperMavsFan13 is on a distinguished road

No way the Mavs lose a game 7 on their home court in front of the best fans in the NBA! Blazers will be going home!
SuperMavsFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 02:00 PM   #28
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

<< ... in front of the best fans in the NBA! >>

Just hope they prove it this time!!

Old 05-04-2003, 02:25 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't sound like Dale Davis will play today.

Sabonis will start in his place and hope that Davis can give some minutes but it's doubtful.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:29 PM   #30
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

im so pshyced!!!this should be one to the books,either way.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #31
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Nash, Fin, Dirk, Najera, and Raef starting.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #32
Julius

Najera in the starting 5 -no Bradley
Old 05-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #33
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

i believe!now lets get this show rolling!!
Old 05-04-2003, 02:32 PM   #34
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Nice junk that Nash just threw up. Let's hope that isn't a sign.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #35
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Any readers of Tom Wolfe in here? Anyone who's read &quot;A Man in Full&quot;?

From the Mavericks' perspective, today's game brings to mind the part of the book where the one of the protagonists, Conrad, finds himself in prison fending off the advances of Rotto, one of the prison gang leaders, or 'shot-callers'.

Conrad witnesses the gang rape of a young inmate known to him only as Pocahontas (Game 6), and calls the prison guards to come attend to the victim, despite knowing that this act will bring the full, unwanted attentions of Rotto squarely upon himself (Game 7).

Having by chance received a copy of 'The Stoics', the writings of Epictetus and other Greek philosophers, Conrad struggles to apply the writings to his own situation. &quot;Zeus, send me what trial thou wilt! For I have endowments and resources, given me by Thee, to bring myself honor through what befalls.&quot;

When Rotto finally makes his move on Conrad, Conrad responds by bending the convict's wrist back until it snaps, crushing his fingers into a useless mush of flesh and bone.

Today's effort determines whether the Mavericks become prison bitch to Cellblock NBA, or whether they fight off another rape attempt by the Blazers. If they win, they prove themselves for another series; if not they will be keestering in the Midwest Division for years to come.

Send them what trials thou wilt, Zeus!
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #36
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nash starting good,good sign.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:35 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

That first shot by Dirk didn't look promising. Maybe that shoulder is bothering him more than we know.

Front rimmed that one.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #38
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

2 F's on Wells already!
Old 05-04-2003, 02:37 PM   #39
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

It's really not fair that Nellie is having Najera guard Sabonis

Great dunk by Fin!
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 02:38 PM   #40
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Nice dunk by Finley.

It is unfair for Najera to have to guard Sabonis.

Like the 2 fouls early on Wells, but Patterson is more than capable of taking his place.