Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice
Default Devin Harris A Mav Again?

I would love to see Devin back in a Mavs Uniform. Not sure of the pieces to make it happen, preferably not Roddy. Roddy and a healthy Devin on the floor would be hard to stop.

Devin Harris Could End Up In Dallas, Portland

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz1AdyOMnDa

If Devin Harris ends up in Denver as part of the Carmelo Anthony blockbuster, he could be flipped in another trade soon after.

The Mavericks could approach the Nuggets about Harris if he ends up in Denver, according to sources with knowledge of the team's thinking.

Dallas is aware that Denver has little need for Harris with Ty Lawson on the roster and the veteran's larger contract.

The Mavericks traded Harris in a package that netted them Jason Kidd from the Nets back in 2008.

There will undoubtedly be competition for Harris if Denver acquires him and makes him available. The Trail Blazers have long been admirers of Harris and many teams are coveting a proven point guard.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz1AdyIRRyD

Last edited by FromDownTown!; 01-10-2011 at 11:33 AM.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Luc

Luc is on a distinguished road

Yes please, but don't think so.
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take 'em if Denver basically wants to give him away.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Saw this trade on another board and it makes sense to me.

To Dallas: Devin Harris, Al Harrington, Stephen Graham

To Detroit: Troy Murphy, Johan Petro

To Denver: Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow, Caron Butler, Quinton Ross, JJ Barea, plus a ton of picks, money

To Jersey: Carmelo Anthony, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, and Sheldon Williams plus Dallas first rounder
Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Would be good:
Kidd, Harris
Beaubois, Terry
Marion, Stevenson
Nowitzki, Harrington
Chandler, Haywood
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Saw this trade on another board and it makes sense to me.

To Dallas: Devin Harris, Al Harrington, Stephen Graham

To Detroit: Troy Murphy, Johan Petro

To Denver: Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow, Caron Butler, Quinton Ross, JJ Barea, plus a ton of picks, money

To Jersey: Carmelo Anthony, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, and Sheldon Williams plus Dallas first rounder
As long as Jersey gets Melo, they are stoked. The team to please has to be Denver. I think Dallas' first goes to Denver so that they get Favors/Morrow/cap relief/atleast 3 first rounders.

I also wonder if Detroit has to give up some picks as it is.

EDIT:

I tried to get us out of Al's 30M contract in exchange for Prince or Villa but no fly zone.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 01-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
As long as Jersey gets Melo, they are stoked. The team to please has to be Denver. I think Dallas' first goes to Denver so that they get Favors/Morrow/cap relief/atleast 3 first rounders.

I also wonder if Detroit has to give up some picks as it is.

EDIT:

I tried to get us out of Al's 30M contract in exchange for Prince or Villa but no fly zone.
I friggin' love the trade for the Mavs, and it looks to be all good up until you get to the Pistons. They're looking to shred Rips contract, I'm not sure they'd want to take on Harrington's 5 year deal. While Harrington for the MLE is certainly reasonable, it sort of works against what the Pistons are trying to accomplish with the trade.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Any of the teams involved looking for a (slightly disgruntled) Center? If we could use some combo of Haywood, Caron's expiring, our first rounder, and some cash--and were willing to take back one or two bad contracts (Al Harrington, Johan Petro)--I could see us getting involved here. And getting Devin back would be tremendous.

I think a Kidd/Devin backcourt would be incredible. Allows Devin to be our "Robin" on offense as the starting 2, while defending the other teams's PGs (with Kidd guarding the 2s given his size). Then again, we play zone anyway now, right?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, it would also mean JJB would never, ever have to see the court again outside of garbage time.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
tapks

tapks is on a distinguished road

If we're making runs at our old PG's, why not Nash? I bet Nash could be had for expiring's given how cheap the ownership is.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very happy to see Devin back in a Mavericks uniform -- it appears that he has improved his passing and I love his ability to create his own shot and get to the rim (though he seems like a bit of a gunner these days; he'd need to play within himself). I really hope to see J-Kidd play another couple more years for us and I think the two complement each other's game very well. Heck, they can even together quite a bit given Kidd's size and Devin's quickness.

I wouldn't be quite as happy about Al Harrington, but he can create his own shot, score from anywhere on the floor, and rebound. He sounds like he'd be a good enough fit to justify his contract (especially if we shed some salary in the process of getting him).

The only problem with that above trade is that I don't think we're shedding enough salary to get those guys.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #12
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I like this because the truth is that Roddy isn't a PG, he's better playing SG and that's probably the only place he can play this year.

On the other hand Kidd is slowing down... quickly. We need a LEGITIMATE PG who can back him up, a guy who could start at PG on another team but at the same time you don't want to spend a ton of money on a Deron Williams. You also really need another scorer and a penetrator (especially if Barea goes to get him), so you don't want another pass first PG like Kidd.

Devin Harris is a perfect fit for this, plus as a bonus, he could play a little SG also.

Ideally you get rid of Barea (who is perfectly fine as a backup but not in the bigger role this team needs a backup PG to play) and keep Roddy.

It's also not such a huge problem that Devin is injury prone because you're not relying on him to be your primary PG. If he goes down you have Kidd and Roddy. Or if Roddy turns out to be injury prone (as he seems to be) you have Devin and Kidd. Odds are that even if both Devin and Roddy are injury prone you'll have at least one of them at any given time.

This is really ideal if they can get it done without sacrificing much beyond say... Barea, Caron, and one of the backup bigs (I'd go so far as Haywood).

Last edited by JHT; 01-11-2011 at 03:14 AM.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #13
bobatundi
Golden Member

I believe Barea & Caron for Harris & Harrington works cap-wise.

Mavs were pretty much willing to give Harrington the contract that he's playing under now, so why wouldn't they be willing to take it on via trade, especially if it meant getting Devin back? Weird Al is a chucker, but the guy can pour in the points--would be great to have him coming off the bench, backing up the 3 & 4 spots.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #14
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapks View Post
If we're making runs at our old PG's, why not Nash? I bet Nash could be had for expiring's given how cheap the ownership is.
Nash is worst defender from PG starters.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #15
Heavy Jon

Heavy Jon is on a distinguished road

Al Harrington is streaky jump shooter in decline , and a very selfish guy, with a very bad contract (that's why we didn't sign with him in the summer).
Since we probably going to face the spurs again in the playoffs, and RC will be our coach, if he wants to go small against parker+manu+hill, we could give them our version: Nash + Kidd + Harris! Wishful thinking, right?!
There's another guy that could be of some use, Michael Finley (can he be forgived?).
But imo, gettin Devin Harris back would be a great pick up.
Heavy Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #16
deamon
Golden Member

Yup, more grandfathers please.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #17
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennichristianthegreate View Post
Such events can be trying, thats for sure. Sounds like you didnt fare TOO badly, Thank the LORD We had a monsoon storm blow part of our roof off back in summer 99. . .
wtf happened to "MAKE y0ur PENIS BIG CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP SPECIAL OFFER"?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #18
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennichristianthegreate View Post
Such events can be trying, thats for sure. Sounds like you didnt fare TOO badly, Thank the LORD We had a monsoon storm blow part of our roof off back in summer 99. . .
I do appreciate that the spambots these days come programmed with empathy. It helps in these trying times.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Now that there is a tentative deal sending Harris to Denver, I wonder if this is still plausible??
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
Now that there is a tentative deal sending Harris to Denver, I wonder if this is still plausible??
It is, Lawson is viewed by Denver as the PG of the future
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

It's only right that Harris becomes a mav again, would've liked to see Nash come back first though.

Nash, Kidd, and Nowitizki getting a ring together would be something.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #22
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post

Would be something but there's no way Kidd and Nash play on the same team.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
Would be something but there's no way Kidd and Nash play on the same team.
False.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #24
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
It's only right that Harris becomes a mav again, would've liked to see Nash come back first though.

what about nash, kidd, harris, dirk on the same team...oh and bring back damp, and bass
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #25
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Home
NBA
Devin Harris
News Update Nets cancel practice due to trade speculation
Posted: 16 hrs 51 mins ago. | Source Ball Dont Lie

As you've probably heard by now, the NBA trade deadline is Thursday afternoon. It's a hectic time for many teams around the league as they try to sort of their short-term and long-term futures. For the most part, though, these teams go about their regular business as best they can, maintaining regular preparation rituals like practices and shootarounds.

Apparently no one told that to the New Jersey Nets, who canceled practice today to deal with ongoing speculation surrounding Devin Harris and others. From Ryan Jones at SB Nation New York (via Eye on Basketball)
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #26
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Amid rumors of Devin Harris trade, Nets cancel practice
Kurt Helin
Feb 22, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
Leave a comment The Nets don’t have a game until Friday so they have a few practices to integrate… well, guess not.

But while the ‘Melodrama has moved on there are plenty of trade rumors swirling around the Nets — particularly around point guard Devin Harris. He is going to Atlanta. Or Portland. Or Dallas. Or…

It’s a lot of rumors past and present. And rather than subject their players to what promised to be a day of ‘Melo and Harris questions, the Nets decided to call off practice, according to SB Nation New York.

Smart play, especially since they have a few days before they take the court again.

But the Nets still have a scheduled practice Wednesday. Which makes you think whatever is going down with Harris, it’s going down sooner rather than later.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #27
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

WOW!!! D. Will to nets for Devin and Derrick Favors!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Deron_Williams
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #28
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

sucks for Williams...he has to play for Avery.