Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #161
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTao
Private thoughts AND public words can be acts of violence..."
a) care to guess what I'm thinking?
b) do you feel like a victim of violence?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #162
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I think you're missing the point of the gay man making subtle thrusts of his hips towards the heteros.. You know it'd happen. When they aren't looking, the gay guy would be licking his lips and visualizing himself making dirty hard gay sex with the other men. You know that's what Johnny Gay-Gay Amaechi was doing. He was visualizing making unsweet and unclean sexual intercourse to the anuses of every player that he ever 'played with'. I'm sorry, but heteros should not be subjected to such.

And here's what's worse. John Amaechi could have been quietly 'taking care of business' while no one was watching... and then all of a sudden one of his teammates feels something hit him in the back.. Surely it was just water, wasn't it? Nope. It was John Amaechi just finishing up his business.
you could probably write harlequin romance novels if you wanted to.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #163
TheTao

TheTao will become famous soon enough
Default Parting thought....

[QUOTE=TheTao]Private thoughts AND public words can be acts of violence...

It IS wrong to harbor hateful thoughts towards a particular group of people because quite often such thoughts lead to violence. If we are honest we'll acknowldge that the logical consequence of hating someone is that one who hates wishes the other dead. Hardaway would never admit this much, but if we follow his thinking to it's logical consequences it would result in him living in a world in which he never had to encounter a gay person: such a world could only exist if people who were gay did not exist. Hardaway's comments are violent because they bring to mind images of Hitler, the Klu Klux Klan, and Stalin--people who actualized their hate.

I think what is important here is for someone that hates to be truly honest about the potential consequences of his or her hate...
TheTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #164
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTao
It IS wrong to harbor hateful thoughts towards a particular group of people because quite often such thoughts lead to violence.
so you're altering your stance a little bit, here....private thoughts and publics aren't violence per se, but rather they can *often lead to violence*.

.....so Tao, what would you do????

a little preventative warfare on things that may lead to violence....so-n-so may be harboring bad thoughts, so-n-so may be building W. M. D.s (Words of Mean Disposition), perhaps we should invade his house and liberate his pets???

anyhoo....

...what was it jesus said, something like "verily if you even think about bitch slapping a homo, it's as much as doing it for real and i'll jack you up bad for doing it." something along those lines, tho I may be paraphrasing.

point being...most folks, thinking folks at least, living in the christian west have thought one time or another about the ramifications of their thoughts. so, it takes a real arrogant fuck to think spouting whacked out commie chinese i ching nonsense is going to enlighten anyone in the least.

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 02-19-2007 at 12:36 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #165
TheTao

TheTao will become famous soon enough
Default Sticks and Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
most folks, thinking folks at least, living in the christian west have thought one time or another about the ramifications of their thoughts
This thread is about Hardaway's anti-gay comments and his subsequent public retraction of them. Obviously Hardaway said something before he thought about it, and now that he has been called out by so many (Shaq, Stern, the media, NBA fans, etc.) he has reconsidered his words. I suppose if you get down to it, all the posts in this forum essentially challenge us to reconsider our views on things, from the advantage of starting George over Harris to an ex-NBA player making anti-gay statements. While I have a certain bias towards a starting backcourt of Harris and Terry, I am interested to hear what others think, with the understanding that I may in fact re-think my stance and change my mind. I suspect that you, too, believe that even I might re-think my views, or else why would you have sent a response?
TheTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #166
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Mr. Sulu's message for Tim
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #167
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman
Oh my gosh. That's hillarious! Great stuff.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote