Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #41
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, but I will not give up. But with out Howard, as many have stated, there is no way we can win this series. Get healthy fast Josh!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's has got to be better...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #43
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiousity...

How many fast break dunks with no one even contesting did we see?

I'm not sure I even want to know...
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #44
Smokin'Nugs420
Banned

Smokin'Nugs420 is infamous around these parts

Go Mavs!

Last edited by mary; 05-06-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: trolling
Smokin'Nugs420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #45
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin'Nugs420 View Post
Didn't read through the entire thread...at work :wink: but what a game that was last night. Close for a while there, but then the refs must have missed another call or something....lol....I mean THAT was the the reason you lost the first game right? 1 missed call....lol

Also in the 4th your Mavs looked flat and beat. Hmmmmmm must be something to this Mile High altitude huh? I mean every team in every sport says there is nothing to the altitude, but they always seem to be sucking wind by the end of the games....lol

2-0 baby!!

PEACE!!!
Wow, with your interspersed "lol"s in the post, in addition to the "420" in your name, you have convinced me...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #46
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I don't know if we can turn this series around. Too many things going against us right now.

If we can win both home games we're right back in this series, though.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #47
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I don't know if we can turn this series around. Too many things going against us right now.

If we can win both home games we're right back in this series, though.
We're gonna have to pull a Miami stunt of 06'
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #48
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dirk's has got to be better...

He's been the best player on the court...for both teams. He can't do it all. Heck...he had 35 last night. The Mavs need to get another guy or two going, not get Dirk to step up more.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #49
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh is hurt, Kidd is playing like he's 50, Jet is playing mediocre, and Dirk is playing awesome.

Feels like last year's playoffs, except Josh was just horrible, not hurt.

I've said it all year, and I'll say it again: The NBA is about matchups. The Spurs were the perfect matchup for these Mavs, and I think Denver is arguable the very worst matchup for them. Everyone (including me) was talking about Kidd having a good series because he doesn't have to chase around a quick PG, but Denver's stunning advantage in length and athleticism has completely neutered him. Kidd drove into the lane last night, got three feet from the rim and was so scared to put it up he threw a desperation pass out and it went into the back court. It was stunning.

Our only chance for competition from here on out is for Josh to get enough rest and treatment during this three day break to come back at a level close to where he was the last series. Because if he's out, as BG noted, Carlisle just doesn't have enough buttons to push.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and the TNT guys kept fawning over Duante Jones creating two turnovers on Dirk by "pulling the chair" from him, without ever noting that he was BLATANTLY FOULING HIM!!!

A double arm bar, or a double hand check on a player in the post is a FREAKING AUTOMATIC FOUL!! I was screaming at my tv last night. Then they finally called it on him in the second half which just further confuses everyone watching.

*sigh*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #51
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Oh, and the TNT guys kept fawning over Duante Jones creating two turnovers on Dirk by "pulling the chair" from him, without ever noting that he was BLATANTLY FOULING HIM!!!

A double arm bar, or a double hand check on a player in the post is a FREAKING AUTOMATIC FOUL!! I was screaming at my tv last night. Then they finally called it on him in the second half which just further confuses everyone watching.

*sigh*
The TNT guys are idiots. I simply don't listen to them anymore.

Dirk owned every nugget that tried to defend him, plain and simple. He just happens to be on the worse team in this series.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #52
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

The kidd play last night where he passed up a layup in order to throw the ball into backcourt, ultimately resulting in a layup for nuggs, was stupid, useless and very very baddish.

this series pisses me off.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #53
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

A series doesn't start until the home team loses... hopefully?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 05-06-2009 at 09:22 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #54
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

disappointed
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #55
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Kidds sure playing like he wants to leave big D after this season.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #56
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
Kidds sure playing like he wants to leave big D after this season.
I hate to agree with it, but it is starting to ring true. He just isn't playing with any passion or focus right now. His body language always seems to reek of not giving it his all this series.

I'm not giving up, but if the Mavericks don't start playing with a little more focus and intensity then the series is over. This series is definitely putting a spotlight on some of the roster fixes that need to be done in the offseason. Damp with the disappearing act again (shocker there). A healthier Howard would help, but I don't think it would change the series. The Mavs simply can't have Damp, Kidd and Terry all playing like crap.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #57
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Dallas is just out-manned. They have 3 scoring options: Dirk, Josh, and Terry. Everyone else just needs to play perfect basketball.

Denver's team profile is to produce turnovers by covering the passing lanes. That works against teams that require matchup advantages, like the Mavs. They don't double team, they just jam the passing lanes. That's also a great way to beat a point guard who can't score.

Dallas can't win this series, especially if Josh isn't playing. Let's face it, the first game was close for 3 quarters because Carmelo was on the bench. '

At home, the Mavs can win, but without Josh Howard? Come on. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this thing going 4-1 nuggets at best.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Just out of curiousity...

How many fast break dunks with no one even contesting did we see?

I'm not sure I even want to know...
Denver had as many highlight reel dunks in that game as you'll find in a whole week's worth of SportsCenter...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-06-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

*sigh*

Absolutely, they missed it the first two times he was guarding him. The first time it happened he tripped him too, on the turnover.

I wanted to punch the refs. And I don't like complaining about officiating.

We need to stop holding their players up after fouls too. F it, They are going to send us packing for the summer and they started the dirty play. Foul them well and let em fall, thats what they do to us with a few rare exceptions.

I swear the AAC better be rockin and there better be some PAYBACK from our fans Saturday!!!!! Josh will be back Jet and Damp will probably show up and the tables will turn.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-06-2009 at 11:34 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #60
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Dampier doesn't belong in this series. One of the smartest things Avery ever did was sit Damp during the entire Suns series in 2006. The same thing applies here. Hollins needs to start and be smarter about fouling so he can play a big load of minutes. Hopefully, it'll be easier for him to stay on the floor at home. Bass also needs to step up and play some defense when he's in there.

We need to see more of Singleton and perhaps even *gasp* Green to compete with their athleticism.

When Singleton and Hollins were on the court together in the 2nd quarter, we actually made a run.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #61
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemoeschmoe View Post
Dampier doesn't belong in this series. One of the smartest things Avery ever did was sit Damp during the entire Suns series in 2006. The same thing applies here. Hollins needs to start and be smarter about fouling so he can play a big load of minutes. Hopefully, it'll be easier for him to stay on the floor at home. Bass also needs to step up and play some defense when he's in there.

We need to see more of Singleton and perhaps even *gasp* Green to compete with their athleticism.

When Singleton and Hollins were on the court together in the 2nd quarter, we actually made a run.
I disagree...dampier needs to play, he just needs to play better. I'd also like to see him NOT pick up fouls early...it's like quiting imo.

The nuggets are very tough on the boards and we need dampier in there to counter-act that. We are also going to have to help him in transition. We can't expect him to cover nene when nene is bird-dogging.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #62
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Oh yeah, and one of those TNT announcers (raspy voice dude) was clearly biased towards, and even at times rooting for, the Nuggets.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemoeschmoe View Post
Oh yeah, and one of those TNT announcers (raspy voice dude) was clearly biased towards, and even at times rooting for, the Nuggets.
It's because he has a weird bondage-type love-affair with gangsta types who might choke him. He doesn't see any of those on the mavs team...so he naturally gravitates towards the nuggest.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #64
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Ohhhh so thats why his voice is so raspy. Makes sense now.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #65
nuggetsbrick

nuggetsbrick will become famous soon enough

Nene's not that good. He's solid but your centers are letting you down big time. You can stop him...but I'll let you figure that out on your own.

When is Damp's deal up? For your sake I hope soon.

Still, to be in the game 3/4 of the way there speaks pretty well for what the Mavs are doing. The Nugs are just pouring it on in the 4th and the crowd is providing the fuel.

I expect things to be much different in Dallas. Good luck on Saturday.
nuggetsbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #66
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Some food for thought: Josh Howard has played 44 minutes combined in both games, almost the equivalent of a full game. The Mavs have outscored the Nuggets by 2 over that time span. Take Anthony or Billups away from the Nuggets and I'm sure they won't be quite as good either.

That doesn't mean Dallas might have won a game for sure, but it's quite obvious that he is the difference between a good team that barely made the playoffs and a potentially dangerous team. He was on his way back to becoming the Josh Howard of a couple of years ago again, a version as valuable as Carmelo Anthony for the Nuggets.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #67
PerryGreen17

PerryGreen17 will become famous soon enoughPerryGreen17 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

We need to stop holfing their players up after fouls too. F it, They are going to send us packing for the summer and they started the dirty play. Foul them well and let em fall, thats what they do to us with a few rare exceptions.
Amen! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. WHY do we have to such nice guys. Holding them up to make sure they don't fall down after a foul sums up the attitude of this team to me.
PerryGreen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #68
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsbrick View Post
Nene's not that good. He's solid but your centers are letting you down big time. You can stop him...but I'll let you figure that out on your own.

When is Damp's deal up? For your sake I hope soon.

Still, to be in the game 3/4 of the way there speaks pretty well for what the Mavs are doing. The Nugs are just pouring it on in the 4th and the crowd is providing the fuel.

I expect things to be much different in Dallas. Good luck on Saturday.
Dood, stop down playing Nene to make Damp look worse that he is. Nene is a good player and is gaining confidence and getting better with every game. Damp is playing bad this series. I would love to have Nene, especially over Damp, he is knocking down the 14-17 footers and making strong moves to the bucket, finishing well and becoming a force defensively.

We don't want your good luck for saturday or monday or if we move on to the next round, we want you to go away and forget this little place of awesomeness you stumbled upon. You are bringing bad karma to your own team with every post you make here.

Suck it trebek.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #69
nuggetsbrick

nuggetsbrick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dood, stop down playing Nene to make Damp look worse that he is. Nene is a good player and is gaining confidence and getting better with every game. Damp is playing bad this series. I would love to have Nene, especially over Damp, he is knocking down the 14-17 footers and making strong moves to the bucket, finishing well and becoming a force defensively.

We don't want your good luck for saturday or monday or if we move on to the next round, we want you to go away and forget this little place of awesomeness you stumbled upon. You are bringing bad karma to your own team with every post you make here.

Suck it trebek.
Bwahahahaha.

I can't bring more bad karma on my team, it's woven into their fabric. Years of watching them will tell you that.

But, fine. I'll go away.

Have a fun couple of weeks.
nuggetsbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #70
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

There are just so many obstacles for us, Josh is hurt, Nene is looking like God vs Damp, Kidd and Jet are playing like sh*t once again, sloppy turnovers, refs sucking. It might just be too much to overcome. I hope they give it their all on sunday though. I seriously think Hollins and Green should get more minutes in this series.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #71
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some random tidbit I didn't know and we haven't seen so far, but is an interesting wrinkle to an a player I already really like.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ryan-Hollins-310
Quote:
[Ryan Hollin's] mid range jumper is consistently solid from 15-17 feet

Last edited by tcat075; 05-06-2009 at 12:06 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #72
tremaine

tremaine has a spectacular aura abouttremaine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
...and what's with the "Everyone go for a 3!" mentality that the Mavs get when they get behind? Or when another team makes a big 3? Wehn you get behind, you drive, and drive and drive. Eventually you'll get a three, but you need POINTS, and the long ball (hailmary 3s) aren't the fastest way to get them. That pissed me off all season, and now in the playoffs. Drive, get fouls, get into the penalty, get the points. It hardly ever works just tossing the 3s up.
Exactly. In football you have to gamble on offense when you are behind but in basketball you drive more and grind your way back in the game. Only when the margin is huge (>25) or time is running out do you shoot desperation threes.

Also, your backcourt is not inferior to the Nuggets backcourt. Yours is better. Don't know why Kidd especially has been bad in this series.

The much bigger problem for the Mavs in this series though is the inability to do anything about Nene. When you can't slow down Nene, the Nuggets get a free pass on their cheap, unstructured offense. If you do not slow down Nene, then you do not get to see how Chauncey Billups is not Jesus and how Carmelo Anthony is still not good in the playoffs and how JR Smith is half crazy.

Last edited by tremaine; 05-06-2009 at 12:13 PM.
tremaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #73
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I hate to agree with it, but it is starting to ring true. He just isn't playing with any passion or focus right now. His body language always seems to reek of not giving it his all this series.

I'm not giving up, but if the Mavericks don't start playing with a little more focus and intensity then the series is over. This series is definitely putting a spotlight on some of the roster fixes that need to be done in the offseason. Damp with the disappearing act again (shocker there). A healthier Howard would help, but I don't think it would change the series. The Mavs simply can't have Damp, Kidd and Terry all playing like crap.
I'll PM you about this, since I try my best not to whine about the "trade" anymore.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #74
tremaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s View Post
...this is why denver will not be able to beat a team like LA who can throw the ball into Pau and Bynum to slow the game down and get quick fouls on the denver bigs.
Or Houston if the Lakers blow their series.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #75
tremaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
We did a few things beter than in game 1 (mostly bench play) but there are still 2 big things that have been issues for a long time.

1.)Why do we still play the 3 Guard Terry,Barea Kidd lineup?
we played it for like 6 minutes yesterday and our line was -13 with us getting outscored in 5 of the 6 stretches - the last one was even.
Yes, you can not ever use this lineup and expect to not pay hugely against these Thuggets.

Quote:
2.) Our interior defense is just too slow. 96 minutes without drawing a charge now and letting them get half their points in the paint (if you include the FT's which were almost all coming from fouls in the paint. WE let them shoot like 20 FT's in the first half - if we manage to play some D without fouling we'd be up by 15 by the end of the third.
Hollins, Bass and Damp again picked up 13 fouls (14 last game) and none of them was a hard one. If you are going to make them shoot freethrows at least make them earn it instead of basically having them go to the hoop and then walk to the stripe
True, if the refs are against you and calling touch fouls against you then foul harder. Stop letting Nene and the Nuggets as a whole make everything look sooo easy.

Quote:
I suppose it comes down to Howard. If he can't play in the second halves we haveno depth and the other guys don't get quite enough rest or we fall behind too much during those stretches. If we dont get Josh for 4 quarters we can't steal one in Denver - and I##m not sure if we can win without him at home either.
True again. It is uncanny how this series is roughly an instant replay of the Hornets-Nuggets series. Although the Mavs are not as banged up as the Hornets were, they are banged up.

Last edited by tremaine; 05-06-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #76
tremaine

Quote:

*sigh*

Dahntay Jones is a punk but kind of a smart punk.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #77
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremaine View Post
Exactly. In football you have to gamble on offense when you are behind but in basketball you drive more and grind your way back in the game. Only when the margin is huge (>25) or time is running out do you shoot desperation threes.

Also, your backcourt is not inferior to the Nuggets backcourt. Yours is better. Don't know why Kidd especially has been bad in this series.

The much bigger problem for the Mavs in this series though is the inability to do anything about Nene. When you can't slow down Nene, the Nuggets get a free pass on their cheap, unstructured offense. If you do not slow down Nene, then you do not get to see how Chauncey Billups is not Jesus and how Carmelo Anthony is still not good in the playoffs and how JR Smith is half crazy.

Your hate for the Nuggets overshadows reality on what is actually taking place.

As they sit right now, Billups is a better player than Kidd. We aren't talking career, we are talking current play.

Carmello has been fantastic in these playoffs....so I am not sure where you get your "still can't perform in the playoffs"

You are right on Nene...Dallas has no answer for him....partly because he is a much better player than Dampier.

What JR Smith being half crazy has to do with anything is beyond me. So far, he has been the best player off the bench in this series.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #78
GoNugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremaine View Post
Yes, you can not ever use this lineup and expect to not pay hugely against these Thuggets.

True, if the refs are against you and calling touch fouls against you then foul harder. Stop letting Nene and the Nuggets as a whole make everything look sooo easy.

True again. It is uncanny how this series is roughly an instant replay of the Hornets-Nuggets series. Although the Mavs are not as banged up as the Hornets were, they are banged up.

People continue to make excuses for the Nuggets success...

A) Easy schedule down the stretch
B) Hornets banged up
C) they get all the calls
D) Mavericks banged up

Maybe at some point someone might look at the Nuggets and say...you know what? That's a pretty damn good basketball team.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #79
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I find the end of every basketball season to be a very depressing time. The end of the NBA season (especially the end for the mavs) marks the beginning of a couple of months of sports hell until football season starts to rev up. Baseball is nice, but it's such a grind during the months of June and July and early august that it doesn't compensate for the absence of action in other sports.

anyhoo....like I was saying, the end of the NBA season is always a downer, the one bright spot perhaps being that with the end of the mavs playoff run all these booger eating moron friendless fag nuggets trolls will be gone.

A downtime is nigh, but I always try to find the silver lining.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #80
LSMF
Diamond Member

[QUOTE=GoNugs;996426]People continue to make excuses for the Nuggets success...

A) Easy schedule down the stretch
B) Hornets banged up
C) they get all the calls
D) Mavericks banged up

Maybe at some point someone might look at the Nuggets and say...you know what? That's a pretty damn good basketball team.
The Nuggets are a damn good basketball team, i like pretty much everyone on your team apart from Carmelo anthony. If you beat us I will root for you guys in the WCF but thats IF you beat us. Until then I'll have to keep hoping my Mavs somehow come back and send you guys into your off-season.

Last edited by LSMF; 05-06-2009 at 01:47 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote