Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-10-2003, 05:09 PM   #1
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pirates of the Caribbean

anyone seen this yet? I will more than likely go this weekend. I have heard nothing but great things about it. people are saying it's definitely the best movie of the summer, hands down.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Pirates of the Caribbean

I hardly ever go see movies at the theater. But I think I will make an exception for this one. Looks very cool.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:19 PM   #3
cookies_n_mavs

cookies_n_mavs is on a distinguished road

I saw it last night. It is very good..Johnny Depp is great.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going soon. It's one movie I have been greatly anticipating.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going on Sunday and looking forward to it. Have been for a while.

Anyone see T3?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'll probably go see t3 and pirates this weekend..maybe tomorrow night
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:13 AM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Johnny Depp doesn't make bad movies! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I can't WAIT until it comes out here. I have no idea how long i'm
going to have to wait. I did however see the full preview at the cinema
about a month ago...so it can't be too far off....hopefully...maybe....

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #8
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I'm taking my wife out to dinner and well see the pirates of the caribbean on saturday.
It better be good..it's expensive to find a good baby sitter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:29 AM   #9
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Saw it, it was great.
Depp was hilarious.
fun movie.
LXG was good.....even better if you read all the old books all the characters are from.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:37 AM   #10
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Depp was awesome, Bloom could have played it a bit more masculine though.

It was a good movie, graphics on the skeletons were too fake looking though.

It was fun to watch! Depp was really good.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:40 AM   #11
cookies_n_mavs

I don't think Bloom is cut out for masculine roles. They even made him do the facial hair thing and it still didn't work.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #12
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: cookies_n_mavs
I don't think Bloom is cut out for masculine roles.
I agree, which is wierd, cause I saw an interview with him in which he was wearing a mohawk and jumping out of planes, or something like that. Quite punk. He looks pretty effiminate on film. I am looking forward to seeing Pirates, though. Thanks for the reviews, ya'll. It's moved up on my movie priority list.

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i have a question..what would make you think that the role he was playing was supposed to be a role of an extremely masculine person?

depp's role was by all means supposed to be the more masculine of the two..
depp absolutely nailed his role
bloom was solid as well.

It was a good movie..depp stole the show, but i can only imagine that that is how it was planned
Old 07-14-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that Depp was hilarious. I was cracked up the whole movie about how he walked, talked etc. He was great in that role. I give Pirates a thumbs up.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:37 AM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm the first person not to be that impressed with it. I do agree that Johnny Depp is awesome. Frankly, I think he saved the movie for me. If not for him, I would have been tempted to walk out.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:57 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

well, MFF, that makes sense..the movie was obvsiously his vehicle to drive..to lead. so of course a poor performance from him would have ruined the movie
Old 07-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I didn't go see the film because of Johnny Depp. I didn't care for the movie overall, it was a disappointment to me. The lone bright spot was Depp. It's ok to like someone's performance and not like the film.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #18
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I liked the film. Despite the trademark Disney adventure scenes, and the always cheesey love scenes with that stupid chic from Star Wars II, I really enjoyed it. Johnny Depp could carry ANY movie.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:09 PM   #19
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

you are not in the minority at all. most people that posted here said they liked it.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:58 PM   #20
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

really enjoyed the movie. Suprisingly enjoyed Depp's role. Will probably end up buying the DVD.
Actually a good family movie, with no noticeble profanity...hmmm no profanity in a pirate movie?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:50 PM   #21
cookies_n_mavs

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
, and the always cheesey love scenes with that stupid chic from Star Wars II, I really enjoyed it
That isn't the same girl
Old 07-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

actually, it is the girl from star wars episode 1. not sure if she was in epsiode 2. she played amidala's body double.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #23
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I know it is cookies! I'm in love with her.

I stand corrected, Episode I. They are all the same to me after Empire Strikes Back. But that female, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:02 AM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, so i finally saw it this past weekend. GREAT movie. hands down the best movie of the summer, and one of the best movies i've seen in a while. perfect summer movie. good plot, funny, action...

geez, depp was amazing.