Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skip Bayliss has an interesting take on the MVP Award

He thinks nash should get it because he is playing "better" than Dirk and Kobe.

Uhhhh lol. He backed this up by pointing how his trick shots/passes. Hey Skip, why don't teams just draft and1 kids. The Professor for MVP!

He also said that Dallas is better than Suns so that should somehow go against Dirk.

He also said that Marion would just be "another guy" if it weren't for Nash. He forgot to mention Amare altogether.

I get the argument for nash as a catalyst, but it's a JOKE to say he's a better basketball player (even just at the moment) than Dirk and Kobe.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-10-2007 at 03:19 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Xylus

Xylus will become famous soon enoughXylus will become famous soon enough

I'm a Suns fan and I think Nash is the frontrunner for MVP at the current moment, but Skip Bayless is a goddamn moron in all facets of the word. For one thing, the only thing that might hurt Dirk's chances are if Josh Howard continues to improve and carries a bigger load than before. The fact that Dallas is 1st in the league helps Dirk, though.

Marion was averaging just about 20 and 10 before Nash got there. If anything, Shawn Marion is the only player on the Suns who works for just about everything he gets, and doesn't rely much on Nash at all.

With that said, Nash is still the best player in the NBA right now, though Dirk and Kobe could certainly contend for that honor.
Xylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylus
I'm a Suns fan and I think Nash is the frontrunner for MVP at the current moment, but Skip Bayless is a goddamn moron in all facets of the word. For one thing, the only thing that might hurt Dirk's chances are if Josh Howard continues to improve and carries a bigger load than before. The fact that Dallas is 1st in the league helps Dirk, though.

Marion was averaging just about 20 and 10 before Nash got there. If anything, Shawn Marion is the only player on the Suns who works for just about everything he gets, and doesn't rely much on Nash at all.

With that said, Nash is still the best player in the NBA right now, though Dirk and Kobe could certainly contend for that honor.
thanks for being civil and actually noticing that Marion was good before nash but Dirk and kobe and wade and duncan and lebron are all clearly better basketball players than nash.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Enjoy your regular season success.

All the best,

-Mav fans
Old 01-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I might go jump off a cliff if Nash wins it again because I can't live in a world where people are dumb enough to give Nash 3 straight MVP Awards. I just can't.

Marion just another guy? The guy was putting up close to 20 and 10 before Nash ever got there. Nash is a very good player, but he's so ridiculously overrated right now it's not even funny.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-10-2007 at 04:16 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I might go jump off a cliff if Nash wins it again because I can't live in a world where people are dumb enough to give Nash 3 straight MVP Awards. I just can't.

Marion just another guy? The guy was putting up close to 20 and 10 before Nash ever got there. Nash is a very good player, but he's so ridiculously overrated right now it's not even funny.
I can live with it. The mvp has become window dressing for teams that won't win it all.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With that said, Nash is still the best player in the NBA right now
No, no, and no.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
RePLAY

RePLAY can only hope to improve

with NAsh winning 2 in a row..he should be expected to keep playing that way. You dont need another damn award! Give it to Kobe or Dirk!
RePLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With that said, Nash is still the best player in the NBA right now
Is he in the top 50 defensively?
Is he in the top 20 scoring?
Is he in the top 50 rebounding?
Is he in the top 50 shot blockers?
Since he is a guard, how about top 50 in steals?
Is he in the top 20 with the ability to score one on one?

I'll give you Nash is excellent at running the show, excellent passer, good offensive player, and very smart within the game. MVP to the league though, only from a $$$ standard of wanting to promote an image. He is nothing more than a media darling. He is not close to the best overall player in the league.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 01-10-2007 at 04:25 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

I'll give you Nash is excellent at running the show, excellent passer, good offensive player, and very smart within the game. MVP to the league though, only from a $$$ standard of wanting to promote an image. He is nothing more than a media darling. He is not close to the best overall player in the league.
I'm not usually one to defend Nash but I definitly think that he's in the top 20 when it comes to one one one scoring ability. I'm pretty sure he could put up 28-29 a game if he wanted to.

On topic, I don't think the media will give it to him 3 straight years unless he's the clear cut best player in the league and he's not. The irony is that this is probably his best year.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #11
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Did John Stockton ever finish high in any of those categories? No? Doesn't mean he wasn't one of the league's top players.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
Did John Stockton ever finish high in any of those categories? No? Doesn't mean he wasn't one of the league's top players.
stockton is the all time leader in steals and was top 50 defensively for his time in the league... he also never got serious consideration for mvp and was signifigantly better than nash... i dont think that those things are what i would qualify the mvp by though so i see your point.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

any facebookers on here join my group, dirk nowitzki for mvp
Old 01-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

if by interesting take you meant, idiotic.

ok.

otherwise the next time i agree with any skip bayliss has to say will be the first time.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Skip Bayliss is an utter moron. I like Nash as much as anyone on here, but there is no way he is the best player in the NBA, no way he's better than Dirk and Kobe, and no way he deserves a 3rd straight MVP award.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #16
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I thought it was part of the new collective bargaining agreement that Steve Nash was to win every MVP award until he retired?

I mean, 3 straight MVPs is the least he deserves. Don't forget, this guy's team scores 110 points per game, and he only plays with two other perennial all-stars. Are you guys trying to say he's not in the class of Bill Russell, Kareem, Wilt, and Larry Bird?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #17
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Nash winning the first one was a total shocker - who woulda thunk it?!

Nash winning the second one was like almost anti-climatic - the original movie was so shockingly bad, the sequel had no shock value left. Bad was expected and bad was delivered.

Nash winning a third one will be shocking again - the 2 is the piggyback but who expects three movies to come out of one bad story?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #18
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Nash winning the first one was a total shocker - who woulda thunk it?!

Nash winning the second one was like almost anti-climatic - the original movie was so shockingly bad, the sequel had no shock value left. Bad was expected and bad was delivered.

Nash winning a third one will be shocking again - the 2 is the piggyback but who expects three movies to come out of one bad story?
I dunno? Did you see Saw? I saw Saw? Did you see Saw 2? I saw Saw 2 too.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
I stared at this post longer than any other in this thread.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol......... Good stuff.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Nash is the most overrated player in the league. The Suns don't even need Nash. Calling him extremely valuable to his team is a joke. Calling him MOST valuable? Bullcrap. Show me a team that can win at nearly the same clip regardless of whether or not their MVP plays and I will show you an undeserving MVP.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #22
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Nash winning the award last year was so ridiculous that the award has no meaning anymore. Hell, they might as well just go ahead and give him another one now.

Steve Nash being named the NBA's most valuble player is sorta like OJ Simpson being found not guilty. Some people are just stupid.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe seems to be the clear frontrunner right now for the award. Nash will always be up there. If anything, their continued excellence with him at the helm gives credence to his first two awards (Erica, what in the hell are you talking about???), particularly with all their roster turnover. Dirk rounds out the worthy trifecta. Well, I guess LBJ gets consideration, too.

But it looks like Kobe, to me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Kobe seems to be the clear frontrunner right now for the award. Nash will always be up there. If anything, their continued excellence with him at the helm gives credence to his first two awards (Erica, what in the hell are you talking about???), particularly with all their roster turnover. Dirk rounds out the worthy trifecta. Well, I guess LBJ gets consideration, too.

Roster turnover? They play well with or without him and what important pieces did the Suns add? Sounds like its just a killer system rather than an MVP.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

Interesting. You think the MVP is coming from the No. 6 seed in the West?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #26
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Dirk was so obviously the MVP last season, that I'm not even going to bother making an argument this season. It doesn't matter anymore. Nash is Eric Snow compared to Dirk. Lebron James and Kobe do NOT make their teams better the way that Dirk does.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #27
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurzburgBorn
Dirk was so obviously the MVP last season, that I'm not even going to bother making an argument this season. It doesn't matter anymore. Nash is Eric Snow compared to Dirk. Lebron James and Kobe do NOT make their teams better the way that Dirk does.
Word
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #28
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Skip has a bit.. let him have his gay bit.. he constantly contradicts his sports-core beliefs every year..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Troy Aikman is gay.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #30
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Skip Bayliss has Woody Paige for brains.
BTW, Woody Paige = Sh*t
Old 01-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #31
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Skip Bayliss has Woody Paige for brains.
BTW, Woody Paige = Sh*t
I love Woody Paige. He just does dumb stuff to be funny, and it works for him. He actually knows what he's talking about if you actually listen to his points.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I love Woody Paige. He just does dumb stuff to be funny, and it works for him. He actually knows what he's talking about if you actually listen to his points.
Actually he doesnt.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #33
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Yeah, I actually like Woody Paige also. He's very funny and he actually does make some solid arguments.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Skip Bayliss is a world champion pole smoker.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #35
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Woody Paige predicted the WHOLE playoffs in the NBA last year. I don't mean a few brackets.. I mean the whole thing.. Other than that, I think he got fired from Cold Pizza and he gets muted all the time in that remote control sports game...no idea what it is called but i watch it everyday..

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-11-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #36
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
he gets muted all the time in that remote control sports game...no idea what it is called but i watch it everyday..
Around the Horn.
I just wish they would let the viewers award the points. They sure as hell can't stop me from muting it on my own when Jay Mariotti starts talking.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #37
Nemesis
Diamond Member

thx..
Old 01-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

he sells the most jerseys. makes stern the most money....yeah, makes sense to me
Old 01-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #39
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the first line of this thread, as displayed, is "Skip Bayless has..."

I was really hoping to see something like....

Skip Bayless has an axe sticking out of his forehead;
Skip Bayless has a rare terminal disease;
Skip Bayless has an affair with Magic Johnson...

imagine my disappointment.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #40
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

If the argument is that Nash makes all of his teammates better and does this in way that is greater than anyone else in the league, then this is faulty reasoning. The Lenovo Stat says that the player that fits that description is Devin Harris. So.... Devin for MVP? I bet he doesn't get many votes.