Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future
Default MAVS 130 - JAZZ 101 Post Game Recap

Well... since no one started a post-game thread, I took it upon myself to make one.

First of all... THE MAVS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! Its quite an accomplishment to be in the playoffs for 9 consecutive years. And they did it in style!

Great win tonight. It was pretty much a great team effort from the start. Everyone from the starters to the subs came in and played really well.

Dirk was again amazing. He was very efficient on the floor and he was not only attempting jump shots, he was actually trying to drive on certain occasions. He was also active on the boards. JET really shot well in the early goings. He made consecutive 3s and that pretty much started the great run by the Mavs.

Kidd had a good game. Not one of his best but he directed the flow well. He controlled the tempo well. He only had 5 points but considering that the others were shooting it well, he probably felt that he didn't need to score as much.

Howard was very active tonight, specially defensively. He was hustling and rebounding well. He had 7 steals. He didn't shoot well but I surmise it was because of his eye being injured. He has been playing really great defense these past few games. If he plays this way consistently, this Mavs team is going to be a lot tougher than most people think.

Damp was great tonight. He was battling it out there with the Utah bigs. He really rebounded well. 7 offensive boards! He had a few turnovers but I forgive him. He really made it up with his rebounding and hustle out there.

I have to give a lot of credit to JJB tonight. He really played well. It was probably one of his finest games. He shot well and didn't force too many plays for himself. He dished out a season high 9 assists. That's pretty good for a backup PG. Usually when he plays too many minutes, the defense really falters but tonight, he wasn't a negative factor (defensively) at all.

Wright again didn't shoot well but he was good defensively. He really defended Deron well. I believe his defense on Deron was also a key to the Mavs win.

Gotta love Singleton. He was very productive out there. He was rebounding and hustling all over the court. I loved the sequence when he had 2 consecutive offensive rebounds and then he made the layup. Hardworking and hustle players are always an asset and this guy is truly an asset.

Hey, even Matt Carroll hit a 3!!! So that just goes to show you that the Mavs were destined to win tonight!

Overall, our beloved Mavericks played extremely well to deserve a big win over the Utah Jazz. Their offense was terrific tonight. They played great defense. They crashed the boards. Total team effort. The total recipe for a great win!

Hopefully, this win will give them some momentum going into Friday's game against the Hornets. Try to move up Mavs!!!

Last edited by monty55555; 04-09-2009 at 12:05 AM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college is a cashbah, dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, hulkamania, idots, josh rocks the cashbah, what's a cashbah?, yur mom is a cashbah