Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #81
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

2011 = Forever Thankfulness to Jason Eugene Terry (At least from me)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET41 View Post
Agreed, it just shows how quickly fans forget.
I bet during the playoffs in 2011, everyone was cheering for him.
He has not the greatest season and everyone think he's bad and they be disrespectful.

Glad I'm not like that.
He'll forever be one of the best Mavericks. Whether people love him or hate him.
I didn't forget.. I didn't like him before the 2011 playoffs.. didn't like him during the 2011 playoffs.. didn't like him after the 2011 playoffs. I know that he was instrumental in the team winning the championship.. but I still don't like the guy.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-18-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #83
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Mavs fans should be careful what they ask for because JET might be one of the best guards on the market this free agency who's actually going to be available to the Mavs for a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
A shocking amount of disrespect for one of the all time great Mavericks is being displayed in this thread.

I'll be there when JET's jersey gets raised into the rafters of the AAC. I'll be cheering the loudest.
Its not shocking. Aside from Dirk, you should expect to see this disrespect for everyone. I was just thinking about the time the Mavs fans booed Finley when he came back after he got CUT mind you. I was just thinking about that when I saw Bruce Bowen's jersey in the rafters. I wonder when does Finley get his jersey at the AAC.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #84
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Mavs fans should be careful what they ask for because JET might be one of the best guards on the market this free agency who's actually going to be available to the Mavs for a decent price.

Its not shocking. Aside from Dirk, you should expect to see this disrespect for everyone. I was just thinking about the time the Mavs fans booed Finley when he came back after he got CUT mind you. I was just thinking about that when I saw Bruce Bowen's jersey in the rafters. I wonder when does Finley get his jersey at the AAC.
Would not be shocked if he's back on a one year deal. 4-5 million.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #85
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Would not be shocked if he's back on a one year deal. 4-5 million.
Yea but the thing is I think if a team like the Heat offered him 2 million on a one year deal I think he'd take that over the Mavs offering him one or two more million.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #86
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yea but the thing is I think if a team like the Heat offered him 2 million on a one year deal I think he'd take that over the Mavs offering him one or two more million.
I don't... Why would he join the Heat if the team he won a ring with offered him more money?

JET has made it pretty clear that his #1 goal this summer is to get paid. If he wanted to ring-chase, then he could take that $1-2mil deal here in Dallas and go chase rings with Dirk and whoever the Mavs could get with that extra money - having JET on the short & cheap would be a helluva lure for potential free agents...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-18-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #87
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Jet won't join the Heat. He wants money AND touches, esp. from behind the arc.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #88
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

JET announced his top priority the other night on national television: contract length. He's not signing a one year deal anywhere.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #89
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see him getting more than a 3 year deal. That's what JKidd got at around his age and JKidd stands for JASON KIDD.

I'm guessing 2/10 at best. Very Jamal Crawford-ish territory IMO. His skillset (undersized offense-only combo guard) and background (35 at seasons' start) really limits his market to playoff contenders who are willing to pay a premium for outside shooting and playoff experience and have 30-32 guard minutes to spare.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #90
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Can't see him getting more than a 3 year deal. That's what JKidd got at around his age and JKidd stands for JASON KIDD.

I'm guessing 2/10 at best. Very Jamal Crawford-ish territory IMO. His skillset (undersized offense-only combo guard) and background (35 at seasons' start) really limits his market to playoff contenders who are willing to pay a premium for outside shooting and playoff experience and have 30-32 guard minutes to spare.
I can see him in a Grizzlies uniform next year at 2/10 or Portland.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #91
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say Chicago is another possibility. He could be what RIP Hamilton was supposed to be. Again, he would leave a defensive hole in Thibs' scheme as a starter so his value gets limited but he'd work fairly well for a select group of teams.

A couple other options are Orlando and LAC. Depending on what Orlando does with Nelson, I could see JET going there as a starting PG if he will take the mini-MLE. Depending on what happens with Billups, Mo Williams and Randy Foye, JET would be a good 6th man in LAC.

I do think if the best he can get is the mini-MLE for 3 years, he'll stay in Dallas.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #92
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Just wasn't fond of Terry throughout his tenure. He hit some big shots, but also made some crucial mistakes as well. We probably would have won '11 without him anyways.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #93
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
. ... We probably would have won '11 without him anyways.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #94
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Terry was a big part why we won a ring in 2011. He was also a big part (maybe the biggest) why we didnt win a ring 2006-2010.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #95
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We probably would have won '11 without him anyways.
this is a joke right? he pretty much carried the mavs to the game 6 victory!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #96
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Terry was a big part why we won a ring in 2011. He was also a big part (maybe the biggest) why we didnt win a ring 2006-2010.
Yes, he was...and no, he wasn't.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #97
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We probably would have won '11 without him anyways.
...man, you are just excruciatingly bad at this. Damn near every post from you is a trainwreck.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-19-2012 at 01:31 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #98
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
...man, you are just excruciatingly bad at this. Damn near every post from you is a trainwreck.
Aww...
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #99
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Not really sure where I should've posted this, but considering Jet might now be here next season and we need someone coming off the bench, Lou Williams opted out of his contract with the 76'ers, which sucks bad for them. I know a constant criticism about Terry is him being undersized and Lou Williams is more undersized than Terry. Williams takes a shit ton of shots which I guess isn't any different than Terry.

Quote:
Jun 17, 2012 - Multiple outlets, the Philadelphia Inquirer among them, have reported that Lou Williams, the Sixth Man of the Year candidate who led the Philadelphia 76ers in scoring and was their frequent go-to scorer late in games, has opted out of the final year of his contract and will become an unrestricted free agent. Williams' agent, Leon Rose, has reportedly already filed the paperwork.

SB Nation's Sixers blog, Liberty Ballers, was on this story early and had this to say about the streaky-shooting Williams:

Williams had the highest PER (20.2) and Win Shares per 48 minutes (.174) of his career, both of which were tops among the Sixers. He was also 3rd on the team in offensive rating (110), 4th in true shooting percentage (.525), 2nd in Assist % (22.4), and had the 3rd lowest turnover % among regulars (7.2%), which was the best of his career, and a continued improvement over when he came into the league.

[..]

The opt-out doesn't necessarily close the door on Williams' future with the club, although it would most definitely be at a more expense rate for next year if he returns. The Sixers signed reserve Thaddeus Young to a 5 year, $43 million deal last summer.

Williams can fill it up, can fill it up from distance and can fill it up when the game is on the line. The Sixers desperately need him back, or someone who can at least match his production, so don't be shocked if he pulls in a contract of some substance.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/6/1...ba-free-agency

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #100
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

And shot a great 40% from the field, next!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #101
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Terry wants a long term deal. Don't see it happening...thanks for the memories!

Quote:
At a festive, daddy-daughter bash on Father’s Day, Jason Terry delivered some tough news for Mavericks fans to hear.
If the 2011 NBA champions elect to rebuild their team with one-year contract “rentals,” Terry will be playing elsewhere next season.
Terry, whose six-year, $57 million contract ends on July 1, when he becomes an unrestricted free agent, said Sunday he wants to sign another multiyear deal, preferably with the Mavericks. But as the Mavericks’ free-agent possibilities start to take shape, it won’t happen for one year.
“It’s a tough situation,” Terry said. “I’m finally in a position where I can kind of predict my own future, so to speak. I want to stay here in Dallas. That’s always been my goal. But it needs to be long-term. If they’re not ready to step up and do that, then I’ll have to make my home elsewhere.”
This may be yet another reason fans should want the Mavericks to hit a home run in the Deron Williams Derby. If they don’t get the top free agent on the market this season, they may elect to hire players willing to play on one-year contracts and keep their free-agent money available for next summer, when Dwight Howard and Chris Paul headline the free-agent class.
“I won’t be here,” Terry said if the Mavericks take that route. “You can count on that. If they’re doing that, you won’t see the Jet on the runway in Dallas. But my time here was good.”
Terry was on the open market for barely 12 hours in 2006, when he signed his last free-agent deal. He would like to have another fast conclusion but wants to make the right decision, even if it’s not quick.
Terry also changed agents, dropping Dan Fegan and hiring Arn Tellem and B.J. Armstrong from the Wasserman Group. It’s been quiet on the free-agent front because teams are not allowed to contact players or agents until July 1.
No matter where free agency takes him, Terry said his time in Dallas probably is not done.
“Down the road as a player or in some capacity within the organization,” he said. “Obviously, my foundation will remain active in Dallas. And for me, coming back and working for the organization in one position or another has been discussed, and [owner Mark] Cuban and I are on the same page.”
“And even if I’m playing somewhere else, everything we accomplished here will not be for naught — winning a championship, revitalizing my career here coming from Atlanta. Coming here has been all I thought it would be.”
Terry recently returned from China for several functions, including an NBA Cares outing. On Sunday, he had his Daddy-Daughter charity event for the Jason Terry Foundation at the Crescent Hotel. The lineup of dads included owner Mark Cuban, coach Rick Carlisle, Emmitt Smith and many others — plus their daughters.
“This is cool. This is one of the joys of being a father,” Terry said. “Usually on Father’s Day, everybody honors us; this is more something for us to honor our daughters. Obviously, the father-daughter relationship is one that’s very fragile, delicate and very special to all us fathers.”
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-with-mavs.ece

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #102
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

ty and there is the door.

It was pretty annoying that he spent so much of last year to talk about his contract and "showcasting for 29 teams". How about waiting what happen this offseason? Or considering a damn hometown discount.

No need to retire his jersey anymore.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #103
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

They'll retire his jersey.

He deserves to get paid. I don't see what the issue is, other than the fact that he talked about this too much during the season. I could have done without that. It's his right as a free agent to follow the money. Most everybody does.

It's just not going to be a fit here. No big deal. He had a good run in Dallas, and now it's time to move on.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #104
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with LHD - He's going to have his jersey retired, and he deserves to get paid and will get paid. If Caron can get 24/3, Jet's definitely going to get his and has earned every penny.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 06-18-2012 at 12:09 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #105
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Not really sure where I should've posted this, but considering Jet might now be here next season and we need someone coming off the bench, Lou Williams opted out of his contract with the 76'ers, which sucks bad for them. I know a constant criticism about Terry is him being undersized and Lou Williams is more undersized than Terry. Williams takes a shit ton of shots which I guess isn't any different than Terry.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/6/1...ba-free-agency
But you're still going to be doling out a multi year deal for Williams, same as Terry. I mean skill wise, I can see the replacement in williams, younger, but the lynchpin in Jet walking is a multi year deal that he will not get in Dallas, and I can't see us going in on a multi year deal for another 6th man.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #106
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I agree with LHD - He's going to have his jersey retired, and he deserves to get paid and will get paid. If Caron can get 24/3, Jet's definitely going to get his and has earned every penny.
Eventually those deals are going to go away or the player is just flat out chasing the money and doesn't care about winning. I'm still baffled by some of the deals coming out of the lockout and the future implications they will face.

Rhylan mentioned it on a past episode of MOR where the landscape slowly changes to where you get it to where a majority of your key contributors are exceeding their contract and you just have to hope you draft well. I can see that happening over time.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #107
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
2 years 6 million, 3 years 10 million is what he'll likely see from contenders, 3 years 15 million from a lottery team. It'll be interesting what he does.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #108
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

lou williams is a garbage chucker; pass.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
2 years 6 million, 3 years 10 million is what he'll likely see from contenders, 3 years 15 million from a lottery team. It'll be interesting what he does.
I honestly think that Terry believes he is worth more than all of those. Remember that he made 11 million last season. Do you think Terry suddenly sees himself at 5 a year max?

Old 06-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #110
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I honestly think that Terry believes he is worth more than all of those. Remember that he made 11 million last season. Do you think Terry suddenly sees himself at 5 a year max?
Yea well Kidd made 8 million last year, I don't see him getting that either. Both are old and teams are not going to offer Jet 11 million per year. Maybe 11 over 3 years. If Jet's going to hold out for what he thinks he's worth...he should just retire, because he won't be getting half that per year in his new contract.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #111
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I could easily see Jet going to San Antonio, Boston, Chicago, or a number of other contending teams for a good amount. His agent's just going to drop the fourth quarter numbers, show some clips of Lakers game 4 and Heat game 6, and some creative GM will find a way to pay him well for 3 years. I'd be shocked if he takes less than 6 mil/year. Some of these teams can't afford to not bid on Jet.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 06-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #112
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck jet, I'll be looking forward to seeing your jersey raised.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #113
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Yep.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #114
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
I could easily see Jet going to San Antonio, Boston, Chicago, or a number of other contending teams for a good amount. His agent's just going to drop the fourth quarter numbers, show some clips of Lakers game 4 and Heat game 6, and some creative GM will find a way to pay him well for 3 years. I'd be shocked if he takes less than 6 mil/year. Some of these teams can't afford to not bid on Jet.
Wow, 3 years 18 million from San Antonio, as fiscally responsible as they have been historically, I can't see that, but like you said, some teams can't afford to not bid on Jet. SA, Boston on their last legs.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #115
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
God, I hope not. Gotta have standards. I know that Brad Davis' number is retired, but that was obviously a mistake. Don't make another.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #116
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
God, I hope not. Gotta have standards. I know that Brad Davis' number is retired, but that was obviously a mistake. Don't make another.
Yeah, cause that's an apt comparison.

Terry's number will be retired. That it will apparently bother you, frankly, makes it even sweeter.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

My "educated" guess would be 3/20 is what he'll be offered and take.

And I do think his jersey should be retired. The championship sealed that.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #118
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Minny would make a lot of sense for JET, and vice versa. It seems almost too obvious a fit for it not to happen.

Edit: and JET absolutely deserves to have his jersey retired. His long tenure with the team, his quality and work ethic, his partnership with Dirk, and the integral role he played in taking TWO successive incarnations of the Mavs to places the franchise had never been before, are fully sufficient justification in my mind. His jersey should go up to the rafters the same night Dirk's does. Both gestures will be richer for it.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 06-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #119
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Terry will probably get his number retired.... the mavs should not give him a long trrm contract. He is 35/36... there is no way they should tie money to a guy that is 6'2" who is not a point guard.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #120
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Terry will probably get his number retired.... the mavs should not give him a long trrm contract. He is 35/36... there is no way they should tie money to a guy that is 6'2" who is not a point guard.
He's 34, but your point is taken (and he'll be 35 before the season starts). His FMV is higher than what the Mavs should reasonably pay him, given their situation.