Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'd say there's 3-5 backups alone in the NFC East that I'd rather have ahead of Brad Johnson. The whole b.s. about no one having backups is just that.... b.s. Yeah, great backups are hard to come by. However, that doesn't mean that you get a freaking invalid out there trying to play QB.
Who are they? I agree with Todd or Kerry Collins but Brian Griese? Horrible quarterback. Leftwich spelled Roethlisberger for a series and looked horrible. Matt Cassell? I guess the jury is still out on him but for a guy who hasn't started a game since high school he's exceeded expectations. But I don't see the 3-5 backups in the NFC East that are any good let alone the league. I just take it as a blessin that we have one who isn't turnover prone because unlike when Romo is in there we don't have the scoring power to get us out of a 21 point lead.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Who are they? I agree with Todd or Kerry Collins but Brian Griese? Horrible quarterback. Leftwich spelled Roethlisberger for a series and looked horrible. Matt Cassell? I guess the jury is still out on him but for a guy who hasn't started a game since high school he's exceeded expectations. But I don't see the 3-5 backups in the NFC East that are any good let alone the league. I just take it as a blessin that we have one who isn't turnover prone because unlike when Romo is in there we don't have the scoring power to get us out of a 21 point lead.
I wasn't basing Leftwich off of one series this year for the Steelers...I was using more of the body of work. Cassel has been good enough to keep the offense affloat. I still think Volek isn't that terrible of an option either.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I wasn't basing Leftwich off of one series this year for the Steelers...I was using more of the body of work. Cassel has been good enough to keep the offense affloat. I still think Volek isn't that terrible of an option either.
Yea Billy Volek who is he backing up now? Is he on the streets? And I brought up the Leftwich series because that's the only thing we have to go by. He lost his job to Garrard. Not sure what body of work you're looking at.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
They don't have to be 'good' to be better than Brad Johnson. The past two weeks are the worst quarterbacking that I've seen in a Cowboys game in the past 2 decades. Yes, I know that QB's have had worse games statistically, but the statistics don't tell the whole story. Johnson was terrible last week even with a respectable QB rating. He was miserable the week before with a bad QB rating.

Personally, I'd take Collins, Feeley, and Kolb out of the NFC East without a doubt over Brad Johnson. I'd probably take Brennan as well. And honestly, even though I think Carr was pretty bad... I'd take him over Johnson.

Don't give me any b.s. about how he didn't turn the ball over. On more than 2-3 occasions, Johnson was so inaccurate with his throws that even the defender didn't have a chance to make a play. Personally, I don't give credit to a QB for not throwing interceptions when he doesn't have much control over where the ball is going far too often. It was lady luck shining down on his ass.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
They don't have to be 'good' to be better than Brad Johnson. The past two weeks are the worst quarterbacking that I've seen in a Cowboys game in the past 2 decades. Yes, I know that QB's have had worse games statistically, but the statistics don't tell the whole story. Johnson was terrible last week even with a respectable QB rating. He was miserable the week before with a bad QB rating.

Personally, I'd take Collins, Feeley, and Kolb out of the NFC East without a doubt over Brad Johnson. I'd probably take Brennan as well. And honestly, even though I think Carr was pretty bad... I'd take him over Johnson.

Don't give me any b.s. about how he didn't turn the ball over. On more than 2-3 occasions, Johnson was so inaccurate with his throws that even the defender didn't have a chance to make a play. Personally, I don't give credit to a QB for not throwing interceptions when he doesn't have much control over where the ball is going far too often. It was lady luck shining down on his ass.
Brad Johnson makes Q-Car look like Q-Star.

He's awful. I don't know how he missed Terrell Owens on that one inside the 20. And not only did he miss him, he didn't even come within 5 yards of him. This wasn't a big throw either, maybe 10 yards or so. No way we beat the Giants next week with him at QB. No freakin' way.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Brad Johnson makes Q-Car look like Q-Star.

He's awful. I don't know how he missed Terrell Owens on that one inside the 20. And not only did he miss him, he didn't even come within 5 yards of him. This wasn't a big throw either, maybe 10 yards or so. No way we beat the Giants next week with him at QB. No freakin' way.
I've figured it out. It's all a facade!!!!!!!!!!!! BJ has successfully lulled the Giants D into a false sense of security. Before the dust settles, the game will be out of reach... BJ is an evil genius!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote