Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Help Me Pick a New Car

So I'm turning 30 in June and am in need of a new car to battle my imminent mid-life crisis.

I've decided I want something fairly sporty before my wife and I have kids and have narrowed it down to a few choices:

Infiniti G35 Coupe
Lexus IS250

I've also toyed with the idea of buying an Audi A4. I want something in a stick, that has navigation, and preferably is Japanese. Oh yeah, I'm also really cheap and don't want to spend over $30K. Any ideas? I know based on my research I'll have to look at the used car market, but I don't want to go buy anything older than a 2005 model.

Help?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

a4 is prety sweet. I've always liked the TT myself, even though i'd never be able to fit in it.

for some reason, i am enamored with the Toyota FJ Cruiser. I can't explain it. i know it's not aporty, just had to throw that out there.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

2007 Saturn Sky Under $30,000

It is a NA car, and not sure if you are interested in two seater. You can check it out at http://research.cars.com/go/crp/rese...7&modelid=7837
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

I'd go for the G35 over the IS250 b/c that way, you get the extra torque of the bigger V6 AND the stick - as you probably know, Lexus doesn't offer the stick in the IS350 yet.

As far as the A4 goes, they're nice cars but I worry about electrical gremlins in Audi/VWs. Unless you just have to have AWD or forced induction, I'd probably go Japanese for the price/year range you're looking at.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas

2007 Saturn Sky Under $30,000

It is a NA car, and not sure if you are interested in two seater. You can check it out at http://research.cars.com/go/crp/rese...7&modelid=7837
looks nice, but its a NA car, and i'm pretty much into Japanese.

if i did have to go with a 2 seater that wasn't japanese, i'd probably go with a BMW Z4.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

[Yes, I'm completely useless for anything more than a cheap laugh...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Robocop's car!

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 04-22-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Honda Odyssey..... awesome ride, kid friendly.... under 30K if you don't get it loaded.

I realize it's a minivan, but you have kids so get over the stigma.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 AM   #9
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Honda Odyssey..... awesome ride, kid friendly.... under 30K if you don't get it loaded.

I realize it's a minivan, but you have kids so get over the stigma.
I don't have kids.

I want a fun ride before I have kids in a few years and now is the time to get it out of my system.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I apparently ignored the "before" in the part of the sentence that said "before my wife and I have kids."

sorry.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-23-2007 at 07:47 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #11
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I love my Odyssey...

it is a dead sexy chick magnet.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #12
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm a big fan of the Audi - be sure to get one with "quattro". A lot of Audi lovers keep meticulous records, and you can save a ton on them by going "used". You should have it looked at by a mechanic you trust w/your life. I can recommend someone if you'd like (less expensive than dealerships with 25-30 yrs experience).

My A6 4.2turbo sedan has 134K miles, but few people believe me since it's in like-new condition. The basic body style hasn't changed in years (beyond moving to ugly grill), so you can go older without most of the population even realizing the car's age.

edit: BTW, I'd go with the G35 over the Lexus.

Last edited by Smiles; 04-23-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #13
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

i've settled on purchasing a new 2008 altima coupe when it comes out. 270 hp, 6 spd, nav, tech goodies for my inner nerd.

fun times.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #14
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Ahh you jerk! Gotta go with an A4! I love Audi/VWs. My brothers an ass...he knew I wanted an A4 more than any other car, but couldn't afford one, so he went and got one. Every time I see him I'm jealous.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

my future whip.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #16
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange

my future whip.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Years ago, when I got out of college, I bought a brand new 1984 Toyota Supra--about $15 K brand new--thought it was the neatest thing in the world...

Now I see I was driving a buggy wagon...
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

well, i changed my mind and bought a lexus is250.

pretty sweet. loaded with Nav, backup cam, leather seats, 18" rims, the works.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:27 AM   #18
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Pics!!!!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good for you dude. Sounds awesome

my 25 year old ass cannot afford that. We're looking to spend about 22k or 23k on a car coming up pretty soon if anyone has any sad opinions on that?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-02-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:45 AM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I just recently moved to Orange County. You see as many IS250s as you do trucks in Texas, it's crazy.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

nice work, and yes pics
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Flaco,

Not sure what kind of car you're looking for, but we bought our Passat in that price range. I love the passat. We got a stick shift and it is very fun to drive.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Flaco,

Not sure what kind of car you're looking for, but we bought our Passat in that price range. I love the passat. We got a stick shift and it is very fun to drive.
Yeah we were planning on checking those out. The short list is: Accords, Ford Fusion, Dodge Avenger, Passat, Saturn Aura.

We just started looking. But like I said, with our budget, and having just gotten married we need to stay around 22 or 23k. And we both drive old crappy crappy cars that we used all through college and we need to replace one before they both break down.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Out of those listed, the accord and passat are head and shoulders above the rest.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I definitely agree with alby. You should start with accord and passat. We looked at jettas, too, but I'm too tall for those and the whole "German car made in Mexico" thing kind of scared me off. But most (if not all) passats are built in Germany.

In all honesty, I like the older passat body style better. We have a 2004 passat, and I think the style is much better looking than the new ones, although the new ones certainly aren't ugly. Just strange that they changed it.

Volkswagens do often have reviews about tech issues, but I have never had a problem with my passat (knock on wood). I think most of the tech issues are with jettas. The tech issues would be covered under warranty, of course. And Volkswagen has a pretty good warranty.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-02-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Great Chioce........

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #27
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

If you guys ever in the market for used Audi's, I would recommend Bob @ Lord of the Rings http://www.lotr-audivw.com/ check out the car before you buy it. Me and my friends have done business with him for years.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:10 AM   #28
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishForLunch
If you guys ever in the market for used Audi's, I would recommend Bob @ Lord of the Rings http://www.lotr-audivw.com/ check out the car before you buy it. Me and my friends have done business with him for years.
what's the deal with the whole lord of the rings thing?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I would assume it has to do with audi's logo, the intertwined rings.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #30
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I would assume it has to do with audi's logo, the intertwined rings.
son of a bitch.(not you)

i never thought about it like that.

good call.

and I'm an idiot once again.

damnit
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #31
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I have an '05 Passat and I hate the damn thing. It drives great, but maintenance and service costs are ridiculous. It doesn't help matters that the VW dealer in Longview has an absolute crook running the service department.

As dumb as it sounds, I'm thinking of getting a quad cab.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #33
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, also, that's the nickname for the Audi RS6, which I think was the most powerful audi until the arrival of the R8.

The new IS is by far the best looking Lexus ever. The sports one that's coming out later this year, if it looks anything like the prototype, looks horrendous.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ocelot, that sucks. the vw dealer i go to has been nothing short of amazing. no crookedness, and the costs are the same that i pay for my 4runner at toyota.

edit to add: That's in Nashville, TN.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-04-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #35
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Great Chioce........
dal, do you have your own lexus?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dal, do you have your own lexus?
Not presently. One of my good friends still does though.

Loved the ride of the Lexus though. The 2003 LS430 was a sweet ride. Image meant everything. I can't imagine the IS250 being anything but awesome. If I had my old job, and a few less kids, then I might have one today.

Presently I am driving a F150, but that is because I don't work in the Metroplex anymore, and the F150 makes more sense where I reside.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #37
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

As for VW's I had a 2000 Jetta which I sold about a year ago. I would certainly buy another.

For me to poop on.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah we were planning on checking those out. The short list is: Accords, Ford Fusion, Dodge Avenger, Passat, Saturn Aura.

We just started looking. But like I said, with our budget, and having just gotten married we need to stay around 22 or 23k. And we both drive old crappy crappy cars that we used all through college and we need to replace one before they both break down.
Update:

We ended up with a new Honda Accord SE today. We like it very much, and got a good deal from David McDavid Honda in Frisco. We got everything we wanted, and stayed very near our budget I had posted here.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #39
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Update:

We ended up with a new Honda Accord SE today. We like it very much, and got a good deal from David McDavid Honda in Frisco. We got everything we wanted, and stayed very near our budget I had posted here.
Great choice. My mom purchased one last summer, and has had no complaints about it. I'm a big Nissan guy, a lot of my friends and family including myself own some type of Nissan, so I was trying to talk her into waiting for the new Nissan Altimas, but she had her heart set on the accord. She said she based her decision on the reliability of her old accord.

Like I said, I'm a big Nissan fan, and if anyone still debating what type of car they should get, I definately will recommend the 6th Generation Nissan Maximas (not because I own one ). I love everything about it, from the performance, to the blinding xenon headlights. And everytime i get the chance to show off my pride and joy, I will :

Last edited by FreakNasty; 07-15-2007 at 03:16 AM.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:29 PM   #40
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
I have an '05 Passat and I hate the damn thing. It drives great, but maintenance and service costs are ridiculous. It doesn't help matters that the VW dealer in Longview has an absolute crook running the service department.

As dumb as it sounds, I'm thinking of getting a quad cab.
Self fulfilling prophecy?