Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #41
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I'm almost mad that he won't have to wait an entire summer for certain answers.

Just not fair.
That's okay I guess because once he completes Season 3 he will have to wait until next February..... hahahahha...

Oh wait.... so will we.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-13-2007 at 10:22 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #42
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
That's okay I guess because once he completes Season 3 he will have to wait until next February..... hahahahha...

Oh wait.... so will we.

I think you mean next February......

Aaaaand you fixed it. You were quick on that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-13-2007 at 10:23 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #43
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
#1. Incest? Really? But man.....she is very boneable....
I didn't have a problem with the incest, I just don't think she's boneable....that kinda made me ill.

Quote:
#2. Claire's been gone a while now....wtf?
this blew me away -- I expected the next episode to begin with a massive man-hunt through the jungle. Instead, they're all just chilling at the beach like, "too bad that claire is gone, she was gonna be a nice piece after she rid herself of the kid. Anybody got any suntan lotion?"

Quote:
#3. The hatch appears. I've heard of this before. Is Locke going to go totally nutso over this? Why has he changed so fast? How does he "know so much" already?
Locke and Boone are very gay for each other. The hatch is gonna be Boone and Locke's little hideaway where they stash their gimp and ball gags and stuff. Oops, that may have been a spoiler.

Quote:
#4. Korean girls speaks english.....YEAH I GOT IT. DON'T CARE
I love Sun. I'd much rather have relations with her than shannon, but i'd probably take prego claire over shannon, and maybe even that dirty french chick with the man-horse face.

Quote:
#5. Hurley = funny.
he's a great character....like the island's Cosmo Kramer.

Quote:
#6. ... Things are picking up. The hatch AND the french lady? Why does the island need to become so "small" so quickly?
because no man is an island, entire of itself. each is a part of the continent, a piece of the main. etc., etc....
Old 06-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh wait.... so will we.

Yeah I'm going to take my sweet arse time with this
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #45
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

just posting so this will be added to my subscribed threads. and so you guys can see my fro.

that is all.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #46
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

a little tidbit....

John Locke, the enlightenment philopsopher of the 17th century, was one of the earliest philosophers to forward the notion that a person isn't born with innate ideas, values, and social mores but instead was born a "blank slate", or a "Tabula Rasa" to use Mr. Locke's terminology.

I started dwelling on John Locke and how the writers of Lost might be influenced by his philosophy, but the "Tabula Rasa" episode featured Kate prominently so mostly I was just having sick thoughts that would probably get me banned from this forum if I mentioned them.

Last edited by alexamenos; 06-13-2007 at 03:29 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #47
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Kate is beyond hot, IMO..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #48
alexamenos
Diamond Member

flac -- i just finished season one.....wish you would hurry up so I can spout off.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #49
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm through 15 now.

I guess that Ethan guy is dead

I'll try to hurry up alex
Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #50
alexamenos
Diamond Member

yeah.....I was a bit disappointed to see ethan get it -- he was a bad ass in a nerdy engineer kind of way.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #51
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Ethan getting killed. I'm glad he's dead. I never want to see that guy again. And thanks to Charlie we never have to.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i thought he was cool.....

"Hi, I'm Ethan Rom. I'm from Canada and I look like a grocery store clerk. I will kill one of you everyday you don't bring Claire back to me. Charlie, I will kill you last. Thank for your shopping with us today. Shop smart, shop S-Mart."
Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #53
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Trust me..... as you progress you will go through periods of like and dislike for every character on this show.

Sometimes even after death. I'm not speaking any more because that's already dangerously close to being spoilerish. It's not spoilerish though, I promise.

I love seeing you guys go through what we went through 2 years ago. Those were some good times.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I've never blamed a boar for all my problems
Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 AM   #55
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow, sawyer is a phcking idiot.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. I'm trying to remember what happened around this time to make you say that about Sawyer. I think I know, but I'm scared to say, for fear of spoiling if I have my timeline wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #57
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I know why he's saying that... It has to be Outlaws. Especially since he mentioned the Boar, and Sawyer was a jackass in that one.

Outlaws is the episode after Homecoming (where Ethan dies). So that's gotta be it.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-16-2007 at 08:51 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

This next episode has some rather revealing moments in it.

Pay close attention to details.... more on that later.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #59
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

wait, is outlaws the one with the frog? can't remember when that episode was. anyway, that one sucked.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #60
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

watched all of season 1 on TV, then moved into an apartment without TiVo and had a TV with messed up brightness settings that made watching season 2 impossible so i stopped watching, but I am proud to declare that I, Erica rented discs 1 and 2 of Season 2 on DVD and watched every episode back-to-back and I am hooked all over again. What a great show.

edit - highlight to read.... but Flaco and alexamenos don't highlight unless you want to know what's coming....
Got up to the second person killed, and then the episode that recapped the story of the tail-people BTW. I am still as puzzled as ever and feeling a little more confident that is something there because at the end of season 1 I just felt that they were just being so coy that there might not actually be anything and that it all might be a dream Victoria Principal was having and that before they explained the mysteries, the screen would just go black as some "artistic statement"

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-16-2007 at 11:52 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #61
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I just borrowed my Dad's season 2 'The Sopranos...just thought I would throw that out. there.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #62
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sawyers glasses = funny

The numbers....wtf is that?

Locke got played. Ouchy. Nice hair too.

Why are there so many planes and ships and people and stuff crashing on this g-damned island?

lol oh good heroine marys, charlie will be pleased.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-18-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 AM   #63
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

4815162343 can be found at the 176,025,488th position of pi..... That's significant isn't it?

Wtf do the numbers mean? They don't even form a nice recurrence relation or anything.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #64
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
4815162343 can be found at the 176,025,488th position of pi..... That's significant isn't it?

Wtf do the numbers mean? They don't even form a nice recurrence relation or anything.
The numbers are 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, though, not 43.

They don't form a nice relationship, but you'd be surprised where you see them pop up in the show for no reason at all.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #65
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

This is so much fun.

Oh, and you have the final number wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I copied that from somewhere. I would never get the meaning of life (42) wrong!

Incidentally (or is it? ) I used to wear #42 on my hockey jersey

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-18-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #67
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:

I think it's just a random sequence of numbers about which we're supposed to seek ad nauseum for some intrinsic meaning despite the sequence having none.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #68
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Get ready--the numbers don't stop--the madness!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok so that was a pretty hard way to go for boone. That sucks.

This is some pretty crazy terrorist stuff Im watching now.

Is Shannon going to try to kill locke?

Will Charlie throw it in Claire now that the baby's gone?

Does the raft story line have a conclusion in this season? I can't imagine they get far?

I don't know..... I watch on
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #70
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok Im through 22 now....

the cat is out of the bag. On sun, on walt, on kate, the hatch.....everybody. wtf?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #71
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

WHAT THE HELL IS IN THE HATCH?
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #72
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ok so that was a pretty hard way to go for boone. That sucks.
over in the original Lost Season 1 thread, your buddy and resident alien was lobbying for Boone's brutal death for several weeks before Boone got all busted up. It was sick, like Sike possesses some dark, evil and trivial powers to effect the lives of TV show characters.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #73
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I was beyond happy when Boone died. Nothing sad about it, at all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #74
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Will I see him some more in flashbacks?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #75
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Ummm....are you supposed to be asking questions like this?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Ummm....are you supposed to be asking questions like this?
You're right, I could easily look on imdb.com

(But I wouldn't do that. I've managed to make it almost all of season 1 now without spoilers)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #77
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
maybe you can just get a big post of him? in a speedo?!?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wait....that's not a rock....
Old 06-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #79
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Wait....that's not a rock....
You are already there?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
You are already there?
Yeah dude, I've been working on 3 a night. I'm going to finish season 1 in a little while tonight, I'm in the middle of the Finale.

Has anyone tried calling 481-516-2342? Is that even a real area code?

I've never been so relieved in my life as when that arzt guy blew up. LOL. Funny. He was freaking annoying.