Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #201
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
John Locke-- human beings are born a blank slate and individuals are a continuity of consciousness
yeah, I'd made the connection between John Locke and the Tabula Rosa (blank slate) episode....but hadn't thought about....

Quote:
David Hume-- explored the idea of causation as seen by man. Explored free will. "miracles are violations of the laws of nature and consequently have a very low probability of occurring"
Between his prison time and enslavement to the hatch, Desmond David Hume definitely had some free will issues.

Quote:
Rousseau-- the idea of humans as the noble savage- a creature that outside civilization is neither good nor evil but just an animal preoccupied with self-preservation.
perfect for Danielle....

Quote:
Jeremy Bentham
I just haven't made it this far, and I also don't know much about the real Mr. Bentham....perhaps I should study up on him just a bit.