Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #401
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think it's very possible that Chris Davis doesn't play another game for the Rangers. I doubt Vlad is back next year, but you can't go into a season where you expect to contend with Chris Davis penciled in as a regular. He's been given too much opportunity to trust him to that degree anymore.
i'd say it's about 90% mental.

Last edited by mkat; 06-11-2010 at 02:07 PM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #402
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's very possible that Chris Davis doesn't play another game for the Rangers. I doubt Vlad is back next year, but you can't go into a season where you expect to contend with Chris Davis penciled in as a regular. He's been given too much opportunity to trust him to that degree anymore.
Look, I am not going to say without a shadow of a doubt that you are wrong, but in fairness to Chris Davis, he has played less than a season and a half in the majors. Yes, he has struggled greatly, and he may never be anything in the highest level, but to say he has been given plenty of opportunity and to only log just over 700ABs is a bit of a stretch. I agree that with him it is mostly mental and he still obviously has plenty of power and a great glove. You don't just toss those guys away.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #403
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's too bad that Holland is hurt and Scheppers isn't quite ready to start in the big leagues..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #404
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Look, I am not going to say without a shadow of a doubt that you are wrong, but in fairness to Chris Davis, he has played less than a season and a half in the majors. Yes, he has struggled greatly, and he may never be anything in the highest level, but to say he has been given plenty of opportunity and to only log just over 700ABs is a bit of a stretch. I agree that with him it is mostly mental and he still obviously has plenty of power and a great glove. You don't just toss those guys away.
I'm not saying he should never get another chance to play at the major league level. I'm just saying that I personally would not be comfortable going into next season with Davis penciled in as a regular player. Teams that are contending shouldn't have that big a question mark as part of their core plan.

I think he needs to get traded somewhere where he can get a chance with a team that has no expectations.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #405
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ogando is on a flight for Milwaukee. Very, very excited to see this guy, and even more excited because it seems likely that the corresponding move is to put Harden on the DL.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #406
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Dodgers,

You are completely worthless.

-The Rangers
Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #407
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Did former Marlin Matt Treanor seriously just get a pinch-hit two out, two run triple in the 9th to give us a 3-2 lead?? LOL
Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #408
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Great win.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #409
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ogando is on a flight for Milwaukee. Very, very excited to see this guy, and even more excited because it seems likely that the corresponding move is to put Harden on the DL.
he got the win tonight...looked nervous, but DANG he threw hard.

Other than the walks (6), CJ looked good again.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #410
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Helluva win. I was recording the game, and even though they were losing, I kept coming back to it. I had a feeling.

Now, the feeling wasn't a Borbon walk followed by a Treanor triple, but you know, whatever works. What is this, 6 of the last 7? Oh, and the Angels are losing, for now at least.

Last edited by tcat075; 06-15-2010 at 09:35 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #411
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Damnit, hopefully Tommy Hunter isn't injured. He's leaving the game early.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #412
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Michael Young tied and now overtakes Pudge on B2B ABs as the Rangers all-time hits leader!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #413
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

great pitching in Florida

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #414
sike
The Preacha

Frankie is half terrible and half decent.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #415
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Another home run for Hamilton. He is on one HELL of a roll right now.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #416
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Another home run for Hamilton. He is on one HELL of a roll right now.
He really is. I hope now that he says he has found his swing that he doesn't lose it again. He is very much en fuego.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #417
mavspwnage
Golden Member

The Rangers had the same exact record at this point in the season in 2009, at 37-28. But we started to lose a bunch of games in a row. Good to see we are heading in the other direction this year.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #418
sike
The Preacha

Ogando really might have something...

Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #419
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Old 06-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #420
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Ogando is kind of impressive, yep. I hate when they start winning like this, cause i get all excited, thinking they're world beaters. then they go play the yankees or red sox or twins and get their asses beat.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #421
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's odd looking at the Rangers pitching staff. Yeah, it's always nice to add a piece to help out, but look at the freaking depth in the staff right now. The bullpen is set in my opinion. The 'pen has been great. O'Day and Oliver have been brilliant. Francisco is throwing the ball pretty decent. Feliz has been very good. Ray has been better than expected. I like Nippert/Harrison well enough as a long man. But then you throw in a guy like Scheppers who very likely could be a part of the pen if needed.. and don't forget Ogando. That guy has a very, very solid fastball.

Then look at the rotation. Wilson and Lewis have been great. I like Hunter quite a bit as a number 4 guy. Feldman has thrown the ball much better as of late. Heck, if he can just shore up the back end of the rotation, that would be amazing. So, that obviously leaves one spot. Hopefully Holland can fill it. If he can't, I wouldn't be shocked to see Scheppers up here...

So, one glaring hole right now on the pitching staff.. and I believe Holland will be able to fill that hole. If he can't, the Rangers might need to add someone especially if Harden can't get his act together.

Regardless, it's rare for the Rangers to have this much depth in the staff at the major league level..
Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #422
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Astros fans showing their class by shining a laser in Scott Feldman's face as he was getting ready to pitch.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #423
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Easy win.

In our 6 game win streak, we have allowed 3, 2, 2, 3, 4, and 3 runs. And before the 6-1 loss prior to that, it was 1, 2, and 3 runs allowed. That is only twice in the last 10 games where we have allowed more than 3 runs. Offense is hitting, defense is limiting runs...that's a recipe for success.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #424
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

6 in a row. All on the road. Beating Josh Johnson and Gallardo. Surviving a start by Dustin Nippert and Tommy Hunter's early injury. In the bigger picture, 9 of the last 10 and 13-4 in June.

Josh is going 3-5 with a couple RBI's and its not even a storyline. Its expected. Borbon, who honestly seemed not to hit a single line drive in the first two months is now line driving everything, even outs. Vladdy is off and on, but typically on. Kinsler is showing signs of life, and we aren't talking just a faint heartbeat, we're talking about the patient sitting up on the operating table. And this is all without a player who is hitting better than Josh, better than Borbon, better than Vlad, better than Young, on the DL.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #425
mkat
Platinum Member

I like the pitching depth as well, but if they can get Oswalt somehow...i just might die.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #426
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Have the Angels ever heard of losing a phucking game?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #427
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
They've lost 2 of their last 5.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #428
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Huh. I feel like they've lost 2 of their last 25 from my very casual scoreboard watching.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #429
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh. I feel like they've lost 2 of their last 25 from my very casual scoreboard watching.
Yeah, I feel you. Especially when they're crushing teams 12-0 on the road.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #430
mavspwnage
Golden Member

hahaha "Let's go Rangers" chants in Houston. And they were pretty loud and clear. lol
Old 06-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #431
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Masterful performance by Colby Lewis. Complete game, and only 28 batters faced. He was a machine tonight. wow
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #432
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Smoak wasn't bad either. Nice showing all around.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #433
tcat075
Diamond Member

Yay Rangers.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #434
Murphy3
Guru

That was very close to being the great pitching performance in the history of the Rangers.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #435
LonghornDub

Quote:
Now they're losing 8-0 to the Cubs in the third. Hopefully no comeback, since the Rangers are down as well.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #436
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Hambone ties it in the 9th!!! Four more hits for him. WOW
Old 06-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #437
LonghornDub

Win.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #438
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Hamilton's 5th hit wins it.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #439
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That was very close to being the great pitching performance in the history of the Rangers.
yeah...I heard on the radio today that the double Lewis gave up was on a ball that was high and inside - Lewis said he put it exactly where he meant to, Bourne (I think it was Bourne) was just a little lucky to put it in play. Regardless, only Kenny R has bettered 27 outs in 28 batters.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #440
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Nice to see the Ranger doing Great during the soft part of the Schedule. At this pace, they should get us local fans to Cowboys Training camp. The question remains, will they have developed enough to handle the tough part of the schedule and get us fans to perhaps forget about the Cowboys come September and October?

If there's anything I want to see MORE than a Mavs championship, it's a Rangers one!!!

By the way, I wonder how Hollingers Rankings work with Baseball teams...where would the Rangers be ranked?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
americas sucktime, blindhomerparade, cadban knows dick, feldman=failman, flaco=ultimate pessimist, fluffy blows so harden, magic # = 0, playoff bound