Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jersey Collection

Just curious about what everyone's jersey collections look like. I currently only have 3 jerseys (2 Dirk and a Kidd).

I have a lot of good memories with the Kidd jersey. That jersey was my superstitious security blanket during the 2011 playoff run.

I kinda wish at this point that I had bought some others, like Nash, Terry, Howard etc while they were on the team. Are there websites that specialize in that sort of thing, or would I be better off just hitting eBay? What jerseys do you have / are planning on buying?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-05-2016 at 03:52 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Which Kidd do you have? I have the 94/95 away jersey. OT but I also have a 1984 dark Tony Dorsett Cowboys jersey and a 1993 white Nolan Ryan Rangers jersey. Mitchell & Ness had a $100 for all throwbacks sale years back and grabbed all 3.

I *really* wish Dallas would go back to the 90s uniforms. I've never liked the rebranding uniforms they've had the past 16-17 years. I *love* the home white jerseys they used before the switch. In NBA2K16 I always switch to those lol.

Last edited by EastTxMFFL; 07-05-2016 at 04:15 PM.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a white 2001ish Dirk jersey, a Dirk jersey from the Championship year, and a Devin Harris jersey I bought right when he was drafted. I'd love to find an old Van Exel jersey, but I don't think I've ever seen one. I do love the old 90's jersey's. I wish they would bring those back.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:24 AM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Only two- one white Dirk jersey and one blue Nash jersey. Used to have a blue Dirk jersey but I don't know what happened to it.

I'm glad I still have the Nash jersey though. It's a throwback that wasn't always a throwback. I haven't worn it since Nash was still a Maverick. I should wear it to game again sometime. The bitterness over him leaving has long since subsided.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Navy Steve Nash jersey
White Dirk Nowitzki jersey
Navy Dirk Nowitzki jersey
White Jason Terry jersey
Blue Jason Kidd jersey
White Monta Ellis jersey
Skyline Dirk Nowitzki jersey

also have a Raymond Felton jersey that he took off and threw out into the crowd after the blue and white practice scrimmage lol
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:58 AM   #6
Cabbage

Cabbage is on a distinguished road

I have only one jersey at the moment, but this is my favorite of all jerseys that I ever had. And cool story in opinion with the jersey as well.

Last autumn, I was going to travel to Germany to see Dirk playing his last games for the national team during European Championship 2016. The group stage games were held in Berlin. Im originally from Estonia, so I was waiting for my plane in Tallinn. I was travelling alone. My girlfriend drove to the airport with me and wished me an awesome trip and pulled out a surprise out of her bag. The gift was 2000-01 season Dirks retro jersey, the jersey I liked very much way before the trip and I planned to buy it one day. I pulled it over my sweater and took it off 4 hours later when I arrived in one of Berlins hostels. I wore that jersey on every game that tournament.

Last game was against Spain. Germany managed to loose the game as Schroeder missed a free throw in the last seconds. They were out of the playoffs, so it was supposed to be Dirks last game for the national team. Very emotional moment after the game I will never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdGK5Z7kjg

I met one German guy and he told me there is a place behind the hall were we can see and meet Dirk and other players. It was raining that night. We saw all the other players, took photos, high fives etc, but waited for Dirk to come out for about an hour. But finally he came, came to meet with his fans, held his own black marker in his hand to sign autographs and take pictures, despite it was raining. It was awesome. So he happened to sign the jersey my girlfriend gave me as a gift 6 days earlier and made that trip very special. I framed the jersey a few months later and it looks magnificent. This picture was taken right after I arrived in hostel the same night.

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7e&oe=57ED7595

Last edited by Cabbage; 07-09-2016 at 05:07 AM.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote