Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2010, 02:39 AM   #121
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have already talked about everyone else, so I'll add that Barea was really good staying in front of Parker. He's not gonna win that matchup but I trust him to give Parker fits. He also singlehandedly caused consecutive SA turnovers by denying RJ position in the block and drawing an offensive foul on Parker. Good stuff in limited minutes by our backup PG. With all the weapons out there, all we need is for him to keep the ball moving and be a pest on D. A+ on both counts.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 AM   #122
kchan

kchan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
the best quote regarding dirk's performance tonite:

"He missed a shot. We're working on it." - Holger Geschwindner
^DIRKED!

Seriously I want the guys to post a higher FG percentage next game with better def of course. And kick their butts....LOL
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:12 AM   #123
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
You guys have already talked about everyone else, so I'll add that Barea was really good staying in front of Parker. He's not gonna win that matchup but I trust him to give Parker fits. He also singlehandedly caused consecutive SA turnovers by denying RJ position in the block and drawing an offensive foul on Parker. Good stuff in limited minutes by our backup PG. With all the weapons out there, all we need is for him to keep the ball moving and be a pest on D. A+ on both counts.
Chum?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:22 AM   #124
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he is still pounding the rock and slow to get us into our offense half the time. but i agree it's nice to throw him at Parker
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #125
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was unbelievable! my brother, not a mavs fan, was wondering how he could only manage to get 14 shots on a night when he was hitting EVerything. Hack-a-Damp was part of it for sure but still...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 AM   #126
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I just loved the fast break where the ball did not even touch the floor!

And Dirk, well what can you say, but I love you man!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #127
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
^This.

I rewound it a few times when that went on. Actually, the broadcast showed them both just before Damp took the 2nd free throw, and they were already anticipating it.
haha ya I loved that.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #128
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Pop during the press conference:

Question: "Were you surprised by the number of turnovers that your team had tonight?"

Pop: "No, we've been capable of doing that before. So, it's not a surprise."

That guy's dry and ironic humor is just f'n hilarious. No one laughed at that one since Pop kept as straight a face as possible pretending to be serious, but it was so clear that he was just totally making fun of that poor reporter woman.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #129
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Pops is a quote machine, no doubt. Great game. If the Mavs have this kind of intensity all postseason, they can go far.

Interesting article by Ludden:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...avericks041910

I call dibs on the second paragraph for my signature.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #130
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
I just loved the fast break where the ball did not even touch the floor!

And Dirk, well what can you say, but I love you man!!
why is this not on the NBA highlights?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #131
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

The Mavs looked like a well coached team last night.

The help defense was incredible. Everytime a switch needed to be made they made it.

Who else would like to see some plays ran for Haywood? I think he can score at will vs San Antonio.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #132
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
I liked that Butler stayed aggressive despite making a few mistakes.
Me too. And he was actually attacking the basket!

When the Mavs go on the road I hope they keep that mentality and dont settle for jumpers.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #133
CATCH-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Baller View Post
I don't think Roddy will play much this series just for the fact that Carlisle is a big veteran guy, he did it in Indy with Tayshaun Prince, why the hell not in Dallas?
I think Roddy would be a good guy to maybe randomly start in game 3.

As long as we're @ home though we should just go with the guys we have.

I hate to say it but JJB is actually not hurting us when he is on the floor.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #134
CATCH-17

Anyone think we should get Deshawn Stevenson some minutes on Ginobili?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #135
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Great freakin game. Dirk with another classic playoff performance, big guys doing serious dirty work down low, and Kidd providing some amazing leadership. Butler was awesome as well. Can't wait for the next game. 1 down, 15 to go.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #136
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
Anyone think we should get Deshawn Stevenson some minutes on Ginobili?
If he starts lighting Marion up or gets him in foul trouble, yes I do.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #137
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think your actually right about defense. He showed last year he was one of the best at slowing Parker, oddly enough, and he did a solid job today. Still extremely "meh" offensively but at least he's contributing slightly.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #138
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So another dozen free throws gives Dirk the record?

Icing...
Even if Dirk makes another 12 consecutive, sadly it won't officially count. The record only covers the regular season. I highly doubt that there is one covering RG + playoffs. If there is an inofficial one, I think Calderon has it with 92 (87 + 5).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-19-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #139
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

with the mavs winning the first game the chance for the mavs to win the series (based on an assumption of 70% likelyhood to win home games and 40% to win away games) is 75.7%.

11% that they will win in 4
27% that they will win in 5 (3% that the spurs will do that)
16% that they will win in 6 (12% for the spurs)
22% that they will win in 7 (9% for the spurs)

so im sticking to my mavs in 5 forecast!
lets make it so!
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #140
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
Pops is a quote machine, no doubt. Great game. If the Mavs have this kind of intensity all postseason, they can go far.

Boy Howdy no kidding. Great opening paragraphs...gotta quote 'em.

Quote:
DALLAS – Dirk Nowitzki(notes) snarled and flung his arms up, pushing himself from Matt Bonner(notes), a show of toughness that sent the American Airlines Center into a delirious roar. Nowitzki bared his teeth and barked some more, and, no, this was not an act born of frustration. This looked like contempt.

This is who you send to stop me, Nowitzki seemed to be demanding. Is this all you have? All these years, all these battles, and, still, you haven’t learned?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-19-2010 at 10:44 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #141
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

For people (mostly Spurs fans) saying that there is reason for the Spurs to be optimistic...well yes, but if their big three played that well...and the team's bench played well...and they shot a good percentage....and they resorted to hack-a-Damp (embarassing)....then what other tricks are there? Rebounding battle and ft battle I suppose, but then all of those other things will probably have to happen as well to win. IMO it's just as much of a downer when you lose and your three best players played well.

I still have guarded optimism, but it's hard not to objectively say that the Spurs will need to play 110% every game to have a chance to win this series.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-19-2010 at 11:36 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #142
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2751084_n.jpg

Just a preview what I have to deal with...

*put the link instead cause of a random F bomb*

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 04-19-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #143
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
with the mavs winning the first game the chance for the mavs to win the series (based on an assumption of 70% likelyhood to win home games and 40% to win away games) is 75.7%.

11% that they will win in 4
27% that they will win in 5 (3% that the spurs will do that)
16% that they will win in 6 (12% for the spurs)
22% that they will win in 7 (9% for the spurs)

so im sticking to my mavs in 5 forecast!
lets make it so!
where exactly do you get these percentages
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #144
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post

+rep for posting the article

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #145
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Barkley called Kidd the best pg in the NBA in the last 20 years...EJ and Kenny mentioned Stockton and Payton but Charles said that Kidd has had a better overall career and continues to play at high level at 37. Stockton was past his prime and GP is the only other PG in the discussion (you could probably bring Nash in too but he's only been this good in the last 6-7 years).

Last edited by aurelino9; 04-19-2010 at 12:17 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #146
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Pop during the press conference:

Question: "Were you surprised by the number of turnovers that your team had tonight?"

Pop: "No, we've been capable of doing that before. So, it's not a surprise."

That guy's dry and ironic humor is just f'n hilarious. No one laughed at that one since Pop kept as straight a face as possible pretending to be serious, but it was so clear that he was just totally making fun of that poor reporter woman.
Many coaches are too ambitious for my taste, but Coach Pop is a cool guy. I like him very much. And he is ambitious.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #147
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
where exactly do you get these percentages
those are just calculated probabilities assuming the mavs have a 70% chance to win against the spurs at home and a 40% chance to win in san antonio.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #148
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
well technically no, only regular season free throws count, i don't even think they keep a record of regular season + playoffs, so he still needs 24 next year to start the season, after we raise the championship banners of course
I know this is true.. But it's also really f#cking stupid. Regular season plus playoffs is much more impressive to me than the last few weeks of a regular season in which you miss the playoffs plus the first few games of the regular season, SIX MONTHS LATER! If Dirk were to break that record during the pressure packed final few games of this season plus the first few games of the playoffs, they should put a damn exclamation point next to that number in the record books.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #149
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
I know this is true.. But it's also really f#cking stupid. Regular season plus playoffs is much more impressive to me than the last few weeks of a regular season in which you miss the playoffs plus the first few games of the regular season, SIX MONTHS LATER! If Dirk were to break that record during the pressure packed final few games of this season plus the first few games of the playoffs, they should put a damn exclamation point next to that number in the record books.
They count them separately for exactly that reason. Individual records make sense when all players have a level playing field to compete in. Aaron Brooks made the most 3 pointers in the NBA this season but Kidd may well pass his total if the Mavs go deep in the playoffs but Brooks shouldn't be penalized for being on a lottery team as far as individual record is concerned. That doesn't take diminish Kidd's achievement. Just that it makes sense to measure playoff accomplishments separately.

Last edited by aurelino9; 04-19-2010 at 01:58 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #150
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

His streak will continue into next season, I don't see what the big deal is.

Maybe he should just set a record for hitting every single free throw in the post season then.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #151
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Screw regular season/post season "records" - I'm interested in how many consecutive free throws a human can hit at the professional level...

However you want to count it, Dirk is only a dozen away from doing that (even if douchers who have never played a game of basketball in their lives [David Stern] don't keep those kinds of records...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-19-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #152
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

The replay of Game 1 is on NBATV right now. I hope the Mavs win
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #153
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Screw regular season/post season "records" - I'm interested in how many consecutive free throws a human can hit at the professional level...

However you want to count it, Dirk is only a dozen away from doing that (even if douchers who have never played a game of basketball in their lives [David Stern] don't keep those kinds of records...)
I think it would be mentioned as a side-note record. ("Michael Williams has the official regular season record at 97, but Dirk Nowitzki hit xxx consecutive free throws including playoffs.)
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #155
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about free throws? It's the playoffs and we're up 1-0!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #156
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2751084_n.jpg

Just a preview what I have to deal with...

*put the link instead cause of a random F bomb*
I laughed.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #157
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:

Yeah, its ridiculous. I play basketball, and its obvious that my jump shot is like infinitely worse than Dirk's, but still. Free throws aren't hard to make, and it makes me wonder why Shaq refuses to learn. However, I have trouble making more than 5 or 6 FT's in a row. I know if I shot more of them (because its much sexier to practice 3's) I'd be better, could hit more, could shot higher than my measly 70%-ish. So maybe 15 in a row at some point when shooting 100 total. But on that 16th, it'll go just a little bit to the right, and rattle out. Or a little far, and bounce straight up and then off the rim.

I cannot even imagine what Dirk's done.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #158
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Shameless plug.. Look at me, and my free throws. I can do it, why can't shaq??

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #159
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I don´t think Dirk will do it. Why shouldn´t a man make ~14 more while he sank ~70 consecutive ?
Answer: Murphy´s law... that´s an origin sports law.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #160
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Shameless plug.. Look at me, and my free throws. I can do it, why can't shaq??
You talking about my post? Yeah, totally a plug. Me > Shaq. See?

Tags
dirk > reality, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!