Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
And why would we be interested in Bynum with his childish attitude?
Because he's the 2nd-best center in a league where the 1st-best center is just as childish? Talent is talent - attitudes can be adjusted.

That's one thing I'll give Tyson Chandler though - he probably has the best attitude out of all the top centers in the NBA...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-22-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #82
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I'm not sure which is worse. Letting Nash or Tyson walk..
As much as I loved Stevie, his defense was atrocious, and the team got better after he left. They got to the finals with Terry at the point and won it all with Kidd. Nash's Phoenix teams were just like his Mavs teams...fun to watch, and destined to lose.

Tyson, on the other hand, was the missing link. A great center who fits is just as important as a great PG. And since we already had a hall of fame PG, we should have kept one of the top 5 centers. But we can't go back in time, so we have to move forward and hope the MBT can make up for their past mistake.

Time to pull another rabbit out of the hat, Donnie. Go.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #83
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
As much as I loved Stevie, his defense was atrocious, and the team got better after he left. They got to the finals with Terry at the point and won it all with Kidd. Nash's Phoenix teams were just like his Mavs teams...fun to watch, and destined to lose.

Tyson, on the other hand, was the missing link. A great center who fits is just as important as a great PG. And since we already had a hall of fame PG, we should have kept one of the top 5 centers. But we can't go back in time, so we have to move forward and hope the MBT can make up for their past mistake.

Time to pull another rabbit out of the hat, Donnie. Go.
While I'm glad you aimed the ending towards the idea that moving forward is your priority, I disagree with much of the rest of your post.

As was mentioned earlier. We almost won the "NBA Finals" in 2003. 2003 was the beginning of the Dirk/Nash prime. We can assume that the winner of Dallas/San Antonio beats that Nets team 9 out of 10 times. We lost in 2004 because we traded Raef for Antoine Walker and NVE for Antwan Jamison and then had Nash wear down at the end of the season. The year of the Power Forward was terrible. That Kings 1st round series was really similar to the Thunder series we just lost except we won 1. Cuban thought Nash's fatigue/wearing out problem wasn't going to get better with age. He was wrong.

With Nash still going on his extreme health kick and playing his entire prime with prime Dirk I sincerely believe They would have at least one championship together. And been fun to watch as they did it. (Canada day 2004 why do you haunt me?)

I've made my opinion known, but unless Tyson was willing to take 9/10 million a year we couldn't construct a roster for the future tying up 14 million/year in a great defensive center with no ability to initiate offense, despite the fact that he is efficient there. Without a superstar you max out at about the current Philadelphia squad or the Grizzles. If you sign Tyson you can't get a superstar in free agency unless you can magically make Deron or another star in 2013 sign for less than max. I'm an advocate for only getting 2 near max players unless a sure fire number 3 comes along and you have capspace. If I'm the Thunder I match any offer Harden gets next year after I already try and extend him as far as possible.

(on another note)
Nash would have won in Phoenix had his owner not been cheap. Look back at the draft picks he gave away because he didn't want to pay them. It's amazing how good those teams could have been. (Luol Deng in 2004)(Nate Robinson in 2005)(Rajon Rondo in 2006)(Rudy Fernadez in 2007)

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-22-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #84
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The only real concern I'd have with Bynum is his health. I know he got away relatively clean this year with injuries, but he has had a history of injuries. I think this year was due to trying a new method of rehabilitation or a different procedure. Eventually, if you're body is prone to injuries (guys that big have a history of that), your body will react to what you're doing and you'll just have to keep searching for another route for recovery.

Maybe Germa-Knee or something, that seems to be the quick fix for guys now.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #85
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Even with his childish attitude and not giving much effort at all on defensive end bynums a top 15 player
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #86
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Using your grade A logic here...

If Cuban "accidentally" won a championship, then why would it be so essential to keep the same team together? It was only by chance that he won it...right?
You missed the point.

There was little fanfare when Chandler arrived. If not for a failed physical in OKC, he wouldn't have been here. He was a bandaid for a horrific signing in Haywood.

The thing wasn't working, and the big names weren't interested. Then, magic happened, and the thing caught fire after limping into the playoffs.

Cuban did NOT expect last year to happen, but it did. It was ACCIDENTAL in that regard. Then, he broke it up ON PURPOSE.

That was the point.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
You missed the point.

There was little fanfare when Chandler arrived. If not for a failed physical in OKC, he wouldn't have been here. He was a bandaid for a horrific signing in Haywood.
Horrific? Alrighty then.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #88
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Because he's the 2nd-best center in a league where the 1st-best center is just as childish? Talent is talent - attitudes can be adjusted.

That's one thing I'll give Tyson Chandler though - he probably has the best attitude out of all the top centers in the NBA...
I'll agree that he has talent. True attitudes can be adjusted, in the case with LO he was carrying too much emotional baggage from his past. With Bynum it's a whole different story, he shows up when he wants and when he doesn't it, it's pretty terrible. I would prefer a center who might not be a top 5 center in the NBA, but whose attitude is a work hard every day kind of guy. Honestly I'm getting tired of pampering players in return for what? Most players cannot handle Cuban's in your face owner ship approach and I cannot see a child like Bynum wanting to deal with that at all.

Speaking of Cubes in your face approach, I would love to see him verbal the shit out of Fail County. God I hate that team.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #89
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Horrific? Alrighty then.
It's easier to ignore Erod's posts. The jumbled text, always with no validity, more resemble removing his/her hands from the keyboard and banging their head repeatedly, then clicking submit.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll agree that he has talent. True attitudes can be adjusted, in the case with LO he was carrying too much emotional baggage from his past. With Bynum it's a whole different story, he shows up when he wants and when he doesn't it, it's pretty terrible. I would prefer a center who might not be a top 5 center in the NBA, but whose attitude is a work hard every day kind of guy. Honestly I'm getting tired of pampering players in return for what? Most players cannot handle Cuban's in your face owner ship approach and I cannot see a child like Bynum wanting to deal with that at all.

Speaking of Cubes in your face approach, I would love to see him verbal the shit out of Fail County. God I hate that team.
Bynum and Kobe just got the crap beat out of them. Bynum looks like a very empty stat stuffer. Talented but very little if any actual heart. I'll take Tyson over him anyway. And I'm serious.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #91
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Bynum and Kobe just got the crap beat out of them.
As did Tyson.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #92
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

The guy's head is as big as his paycheck. He's too cool to work too hard, if there's no chance to win. That's what his attitude is, I mean he took down Barea because he wanted out of an embarrassing sweep last season. Kobe doesn't need to yell at the guy game to game, he needs to work on him in TC. Kobe needs to be consistently feeding Bynum, right now it's a struggle for the rock and Kobe's winning it, when Bynum sees that his feelings are hurt and just goes into a shell effort wise, poor defense, no effort in rebounding.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #93
mavs777
Diamond Member

All reports are Bynum actually works very hard off the court to improve his game, he just has a big ego problem.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #94
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Where can i download the .mp3 ?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #95
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
As did Tyson.
Yes but Carmelo is NOT. Dirk or Kobe.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #96
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Horrific? Alrighty then.
Yeah horrific is a bit much. But he is definitely not worth what we are paying. I sense an amnesty in his future.
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #97
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
It's easier to ignore Erod's posts. The jumbled text, always with no validity, more resemble removing his/her hands from the keyboard and banging their head repeatedly, then clicking submit.
Also known as the truth, of which you can not wrap your blind homeristic mind around.

Last edited by Erod; 05-29-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #98
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Derp.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #99
Erod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Derp.
Sheep.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #100
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Double-derp.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #101
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Title of the thread makes me think he is mad every single day.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #102
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Except he has 58 million reasons to get over it...

Old 05-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #103
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Maybe he is. You don't know him. You don't know his life. Maybe he cries himself to sleep every night. I would too, if I had to play offense with Carmelo and had Amare as the other big man on defense.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #104
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Maybe he is. You don't know him. You don't know his life. Maybe he cries himself to sleep every night.
If I remember anything from last year, I know that he'd be a guy that just stares at the ceiling.