Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #41
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Perry Jones could be really good. 6-11 and you can't deny he has skills. He is definitely intriguing; many players are though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsx...layer_embedded

He has a sick Hoopmixtape. He's playing scrubs though.

Last edited by OneLove22; 06-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #42
HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Its stupid reasoning to say that a post-up guy that cant get his shot off against Big Ten quality competition will struggle in the NBA? Are you really comparing Love and Sullinger? Sullinger ,when he goes to the rim, looks like a WNBA player. Slow, deliberate and no lift.

Huh? Struggled to get his shot off? He scored double digits in all but 6 games during his two year OSU stint.
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

HueyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyFreeman View Post
Huh? Struggled to get his shot off? He scored double digits in all but 6 games during his two year OSU stint.
So in approx. 1/10th of his games he didnt reach double figures?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Its stupid reasoning to say that a post-up guy that cant get his shot off against Big Ten quality competition will struggle in the NBA? Are you really comparing Love and Sullinger? Sullinger ,when he goes to the rim, looks like a WNBA player. Slow, deliberate and no lift.
If he couldn't get his shot off against big ten competition how did he average 17.5 PPG while facing double teams all game long? Love is certainly better than Sullinger (a slightly better rebounder and much better three point shooter) but Sullinger is going to be a good player.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #45
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Sullinger averaged 17.3 PPG in conference play good for 4rth in the conference (behind 3 non nba draft guys) and second in rebounding at 9.3 (only behind draymond green)
Old 06-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #46
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
Perry Jones could be really good. 6-11 and you can't deny he has skills. He is definitely intriguing; many players are though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsx...layer_embedded

He has a sick Hoopmixtape. He's playing scrubs though.
Even as a Baylor fan, I can't say I have any desire for Perry. Too many big games where he just did not show up at all. He became the third option, behind Pierre Jackson and Quincy Acy, when it really mattered. I wish him nothing but the best, but I don't want that kind of disappointment.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #47
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

I'd be pretty upset if the mavs drafted Sullinger. My theory is nba bigs have to be able to either hit from outside, or defend the rim. I don't think Sullinger can do either. He may be able to develop a decent outside shot and be an effective backup, but I wouldn't risk the #17 pick on it though.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #48
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Simmons-Ford mock had Mavs taking Meyers Leonard, and eventually package him in a deal. His agent IS Jeff Schwartz - if he's still around at 17, maybe we throw him a bone?

I'm not too excited about taking and keeping a big man in the draft since they take considerably longer to develop.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman is on a distinguished road

Arneyy Moultrie >>>>> Jared Sullinger
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

HueyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

My day before picks are Marshall or Moultrie, but I could see them moving up.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #51
mavs777
Diamond Member

I don't think Leonard is there at 17, he has tons of upside but also a lot of bust potential there, needs to toughen up.

The main reasons why I love Terrence Jones
1. Size plus athletisism 6'9 250 true PF that can guard all types of 4
2. His face up game, he has very good handles and athletisism for his size that makes it easy to face up and get to the rim
3. Shot blocker, terrific at weakside blocks.
4. Rebounding, even with good rebounders like MKG and AD on Kentucky he was able to average 7.2 rebounds in only 29 minutes per game.

He does need to take less perimeter threes though he shows a nice stroke from about 16 feet that with repitition can get consistent, the worries about the motor are legit as when he struggles early he sometimes fades away from the game but I think Carlisle can help him there, and the strengths in my mind easily outweigh the weaknesses.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #52
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
My day before picks are Marshall or Moultrie, but I could see them moving up.
If we're holding out hope for DWill, why would we draft a point guard, when there's quality 2's and 3's available?
Is it just to draft the best talent available at that spot?
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #53
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Mavs trade up and draft Brad Beal with the #2 pick.

As a Gator and Mavs fan, i can dream right?

Last edited by He15man; 06-28-2012 at 02:58 AM.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #54
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Austin Rivers

Deron/austin/kidd/delonte

The half black brigade
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #55
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211 View Post
Austin Rivers

Deron/austin/kidd/delonte

The half black brigade
I don't think Delonte is half black. He has that Mike Bibby thing going on where his parent(s) are light-skinned or biracial themselves. Delonte's father looks the part.

They need to address the lack of rebounding or speed in the back court.

Last edited by b_o_r; 06-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #56
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
Mavs trade up and draft Brad Beal with the #2 pick.

As a Gator and Mavs fan, i can dream right?
You may just have to settle for Calathes this year.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Perry Jones dropping into the 2nd round, rumors of a knee issue popping up....along with the S Word.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-flag-for-knee
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote