Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is really going on with Brendan Haywood

This dude really threatens to be a disruption it appears. Unless he can get his act together or get out, then something is going to blow soon. He seems sullen and moody.

Only good thing I can say is that you do see him down before every game working at it and he does now join the rest of the team in the national anthem salute. He seems like one of these guys who just thinks they are more talented than they are and it wears on them.

Quote:
Since Haywood's suspension on Nov. 26, he has mostly stayed out of the locker room before and after games when it is open to the media. After games he puts on his headphones and works out on the elliptical machine outside of the locker room. Other times he has declined requests for interviews.

Chandler said he tries to keep Haywood positive, but doesn't speak to him about his current plight.

"Not about that, moreso just encouraging him during the course of a game, encouraging him during practice," Chandler said. "If I see something, I share it with him, that kind of stuff. The other stuff, that's not my position."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
This dude really threatens to be a disruption it appears. Unless he can get his act together or get out, then something is going to blow soon. He seems sullen and moody.

Only good thing I can say is that you do see him down before every game working at it and he does now join the rest of the team in the national anthem salute. He seems like one of these guys who just thinks they are more talented than they are and it wears on them.
Because he doesn't want to speak with the media, he is a disruption? Some of you guys are making a "situation" out of nothing.
He performs well when the match up is favorable. Carlisle has changed the defense scheme (zone) that Haywood has been made useless--it is that simple.

Last edited by b_o_r; 12-16-2010 at 07:43 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh I've always felt we needed to get Haywood more touches on the offensive end. I'm not trying to justify his recent lack of effort, but I feel like if we can get him some touches on offense he'll be more active on defense and rebounding. He looks really unhappy out there at times. I think Haywood should make more of an effort to seal his defenders and make strong moves to the rim. He should also demand the ball more imho. If he gets good position, and demands the ball, Kidd, Dirk and Butler surely will find him.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Dampier part 2.....ugh.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Tbh I've always felt we needed to get Haywood more touches on the offensive end. I'm not trying to justify his recent lack of effort, but I feel like if we can get him some touches on offense he'll be more active on defense and rebounding. He looks really unhappy out there at times. I think Haywood should make more of an effort to seal his defenders and make strong moves to the rim. He should also demand the ball more imho. If he gets good position, and demands the ball, Kidd, Dirk and Butler surely will find him.
The Mavs are probably the worst team in the league at feeding the ball to the center. If I see another low bounce pass in traffic to the center, I will scream. Tyson scores because he can catch/rebound and dunk all in one motion.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

He's 3rd in all star voting as far as centers go. There's no need to worry.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

argh
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
He's 3rd in all star voting as far as centers go. There's no need to worry.
Has more to do with how much of a joke the All-Star voting is, nothing to do with his play.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully that won't make his attitude worse but will make his attitude better.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta disagree that him avoiding the media is even remotely indicative that he's disruptive.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
He performs well when the match up is favorable. Carlisle has changed the defense scheme (zone) that Haywood has been made useless--it is that simple.
This is absurd.

Haywood simply hasn't brought a satisfactory level of effort for the bulk of the season.

It is worth nothing, however, that he does appear to be a noticeably better man-on-man defender in the post than Tyson Chandler. And he seems to take that challenge to heart, even when he seems to not care at all about grabbing a rebound or rotating on team defense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-16-2010 at 08:28 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This is absurd.

Haywood simply hasn't brought a satisfactory level of effort for the bulk of the season.

It is worth nothing, however, that he does appear to be a noticeably better man-on-man defender in the post than Tyson Chandler. And he seems to take that challenge to heart, even when he seems to not care at all about grabbing a rebound or rotating on team defense.
He was doing that last year, but everyone proclaimed him the best center ever in Mavericks history.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
He was doing that last year, but everyone proclaimed him the best center ever in Mavericks history.
Not really a hard title to win over in Dallas franchise history. James Donaldson? Roy Tarpley? Lo Williams?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last year, I claimed Marion was the best center.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #16
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Has more to do with how much of a joke the All-Star voting is, nothing to do with his play.
I thought my sarcasm would be easier to pick up.

Fail on my part.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #17
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I thought my sarcasm would be easier to pick up.

Fail on my part.
yao is dead, only bynums knee is between haywood and the asg
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #18
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Last year, I claimed Marion was the best center.
I vote for Danny "The Baked Potato" Fortson
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #19
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Raef.

/thread

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
I vote for Danny "The Baked Potato" Fortson
Now THATS a call back!! +rep

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Raef.

/thread
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LonghornDub again.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #22
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

wish we could trade him for a draft pick. stupid huge contract for a mediocre player, yet again.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #23
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like he is a player that need a stick of warm butter in his *** 24/7, from the coach, team mates and media...

Last edited by sefant77; 12-17-2010 at 08:51 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #24
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

he's f!ng sluggard.that's all

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by sike; 12-17-2010 at 11:02 AM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #25
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Kurt Nimphius owns them all.

And lately there are times when you see Wood get the ball on offense, you can tell he is determined to shoot it, and most times ends up being an ugly shot that's not even close. If he really is disgruntled, those moments will increase. Hopefully not.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
he's f!ng sluggard.that's all
Censorship fail.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by sike; 12-17-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting buzz in the trade forum right now...check it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #28
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I must admit I thought he should be resigned at the end of last year also. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I think Damp made any center on the roster with him look like a hustling dynamo by comparison and thus better than they actually were. Remember Diop.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #29
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I think Haywood is (and always has been) a bad fit as a backup center.

The one thing I want from my bench guys more than anything else is energy. And that is the one that thing that Haywood has always struggled to bring every night.

I have no doubt that he would be better as a starter, but he isn't the best starting center on this team. And he isn't the best backup center either because you have some young guys that will bring energy every time they step on the floor.

But I think he would be a fine starting center for someone else, if a deal can be made that also improves the Mavs.

The only fear I would have is what would happen if Chandler went down. I don't trust Ian as a starter yet, and the team doesn't have a lot of height anyway.

But even with all that, I would sure be shopping him. I don't think he is a good fit here.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #30
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Mavs are probably the worst team in the league at feeding the ball to the center. If I see another low bounce pass in traffic to the center, I will scream. Tyson scores because he can catch/rebound and dunk all in one motion.
When was the last time anyone saw a play run where the goal was to get the ball to Haywood of Chandler in the post? Maybe on a broken play this has happened, but I can't recall a single instance this year where a play was run to get a center the ball in the post. I understand neither center is an artist in the post, but you have to keep the defense honest by running it at least once a quarter. It keeps the defense honest, and it has the additional effect of keeping the bigs happy. Total no-brainer.

I don't see any reason why not talking to the media is an indication of a disruption. I've never heard the media ask a question of substance in a post-game interview. The banality of these interviews would send me to the treadmill as well.

“It was a good game. Both teams played hard.”
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Haywood's completely dilusional about how good he is

Who is the best five centers of all time?
1. Haywood
2. Haywood
3. Haywood
4. Haywood
5. Haywood

"I already had about five teams call me today, fifty teams call me total, and there's only six because I spit...hot...fire."

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-17-2010 at 01:31 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I think Mark should just buy him a constant supply of clean hookers as long as he feels Haywood is doing a good job on the court.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #33
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
When was the last time anyone saw a play run where the goal was to get the ball to Haywood of Chandler in the post? Maybe on a broken play this has happened, but I can't recall a single instance this year where a play was run to get a center the ball in the post. I understand neither center is an artist in the post, but you have to keep the defense honest by running it at least once a quarter. It keeps the defense honest, and it has the additional effect of keeping the bigs happy. Total no-brainer.

I don't see any reason why not talking to the media is an indication of a disruption. I've never heard the media ask a question of substance in a post-game interview. The banality of these interviews would send me to the treadmill as well.

“It was a good game. Both teams played hard.”
By no means am I saying that they shouldn't feed the post. I am criticizing the way they feed the ball to the center when he is on the block.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I owe Haywood a bump. I talked smack about him and he has improved quite a few things this year. I really like the new weapons he is adding to his arsenal offensively, and I think it's important. I know some people would like for him to not look for his own shots as much as he has been and they don't always fall but it's good to have the threat from every player on the floor at times. It seems to have helped motivate him on defense and his overall hustle has picked up as well. I love seeing him run the floor, and he has been rewarded for doing it so it is a nice bonus. He looks like a different player to me so far and I Hope it continues.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood is an excellent offensive rebounder.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #36
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Haywood when he was with the Wizards was at his best when he got a few chances on the offensive end to operate. He was actually pretty good defensively for the Wizards.. i would even say above average. However, with the way they played, especially with having non-defensive threats of Jamison, Butler and Arenas on the floor for 36 mpg or more, made it seem like he wasn't doing a good job at times. Him and Etan Thomas were pretty good defensively as a tandem. So its no surprise that he is doing okay with his current partner at the C position.

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 01-27-2012 at 01:01 PM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #37
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Haywood has been playing very solid season.I like what I see so far...

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #38
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
Haywood when he was with the Wizards was at his best when he got a few chances on the offensive end to operate.
Every single big man in the NBA, no matter how good or bad as a player, performs better when he gets offensive touches. Even Kwame Brown, as evidenced last year in Charlotte.

Remember how the Mavs often ran a play for Chandler to start the Game last year? Well, it's the same thing with Haywood.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Big wood has played very well. I wish he could win a jump ball now and again.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #40
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
Haywood when he was with the Wizards was at his best when he got a few chances on the offensive end to operate. He was actually pretty good defensively for the Wizards.. i would even say above average. However, with the way they played, especially with having non-defensive threats of Jamison, Butler and Arenas on the floor for 36 mpg or more, made it seem like he wasn't doing a good job at times. Him and Etan Thomas were pretty good defensively as a tandem. So its no surprise that he is doing okay with his current partner at the C position.
Actually pretty good defensively? You say that like it's a surprise. Coming out of DC, he was KNOWN as a good defender.

You're definitely right that he plays better when he gets touches. But the problem is, in D.C. he actually *had* an offensive game. He'd hit some baby hooks, etc. Here, it seems to have disappeared. You need him to touch the ball to be happy, but most of his isos end in travels. It's a thin line.

Defensively/rebounding wise, he's been great. Better overall than Tyson.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote