Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess I'm an idiot?

From cubes.

His general message was that he hadn’t given up hope in winning the series, the new NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement is awful and anyone who believes he didn’t do his best to put together a team worthy of defending its NBA title is an idiot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You bought the season tickets, right?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You bought the season tickets, right?
Uh before he gutted the team you tool.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Well, on the plus side we've still got Haywood locked up for 4 more years.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
sorry to hear that dude.

ive been wondering, actually my brother says it all the time "how do you think season ticket holders feel"

(he says it when im bitching about the idiot move to let tyson walk)
Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Most of the ones that have been sitting around me for about a decade now think cubes screwed the pooch. And they have missed almost 20% of the games this year because of the schedule.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

This is the first year where I've not enjoyed going because the compressed schedule was jut a whip. My bud has felt the same way.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
stupid comment since we have the amnesty exception still available
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Geez, who's the tool? You're the genius who paid good money so that he could get dissatisfied. I'm not taking your advice, that's for sure!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Geez, who's the tool? You're the genius who paid good money so that he could get dissatisfied. I'm not taking your advice, that's for sure!
I don't give a **** what you do.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Most of the ones that have been sitting around me for about a decade now think cubes screwed the pooch. And they have missed almost 20% of the games this year because of the schedule.
ya, i agree with them.

i feel bad for everyone that hold the season tickets. there are probably more NEW season ticket holders this year than there ever has been in pryor years due to the title.

folks that have never had season tickets before saw them win it all then shelled out for season tickets only to see us return to exactly what we have always been.

cubes pulled the old bait and switch.

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I don't give a **** what you do.
Take it easy, man. I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. You have every right, as a season ticket holder, to feel quite invested. I was out of line.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #13
mav4ever

Quote:
Take it easy, man. I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. You have every right, as a season ticket holder, to feel quite invested. I was out of line.
Thats mighty rite of ya chumsy
Old 05-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #14
Capt.Obvious

Capt.Obvious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Hilarious comment
Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Strokepod

Strokepod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
ya, i agree with them.

i feel bad for everyone that hold the season tickets. there are probably more NEW season ticket holders this year than there ever has been in pryor years due to the title.

folks that have never had season tickets before saw them win it all then shelled out for season tickets only to see us return to exactly what we have always been.

cubes pulled the old bait and switch.
You do realize how few teams have won the title since 2000, right? No one can win it every yearh. Also, the Mavs have had no problem selling out or selling season tickets, doubt it substantially increased from the year before even with a championship.
Strokepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

This is the 1st year in about 18 that I did not buy season tickets, but only because I moved out of state. I always said I would pay until we won the championship, so that part worked out great.

I always said and will always believe we should have amnestied Haywood and bit the bullet to keep Chandler. We would have only had the cash to go after 1 free agent, but we'd be locked in with a great center. Everyone else on the roster was replaceable.

But here we are. Probably getting ready to amnesty Big Wood, and hoping, I guess, that the new CBA forces teams to dump talent that we will be in a position to snap up cheap. Theoretically, few teams will have the cap space to compete, so player prices will have to drop, right? So at this point, we have no idea who is about to become available. At least we have the lesson of Lamar...if somebody dumps a talented player, there is probably a reason, so buyer beware.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
sorry to hear that dude.

ive been wondering, actually my brother says it all the time "how do you think season ticket holders feel"

(he says it when im bitching about the idiot move to let tyson walk)
Well, the ones that were holders before this season SHOULD be incredibly thankful to have been one of the ten fan bases to have the privilege to watch an NBA title in the past THIRTY YEARS.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-06-2012 at 08:42 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, the ones that were holders before this season SHOULD be incredibly thankful to have been one of the ten fan bases to have the privilege to watch an NBA title in the past THIRTY YEARS.
It goes both ways. The arena has been sold out every night for over a decade even with really stupid (imo) short sighted moves at times. I have really enjoyed the ride, but mainly because of the dirkster and being inspired by his greatness.

If I knew last year that the season was going to be so screwed schedule wise and that cubes would dismantle the team I would have opted out, it was a real crappy product.

But Cuban calling me an idiot is typical Cuban. You don't agree with him that's pretty much his mo. Same thing he said about jkiddo trade.

I think he's a great owner, just many time too clever for his own good and way too risky. The spurs are great examples, you don't see them with nearly the churn or gunslinger mentality and they continue competing year in and year out.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-06-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It goes both ways. The arena has been sold out every night for over a decade even with really stupid (imo) short sighted moves at times. I have really enjoyed the ride, but mainly because of the dirkster and being inspired by his greatness.

If I knew last year that the season was going to be so screwed schedule wise and that cubes would dismantle the team I would have opted out, it was a real crappy product.

But Cuban calling me an idiot is typical Cuban. You don't agree with him that's pretty much his mo. Same thing he said about jkiddo trade.

I think he's a great owner, just many time too clever for his own good and way too risky. The spurs are great examples, you don't see them with nearly the churn or gunslinger mentality and they continue competing year in and year out.
Give me a break. The arena has been sold out for a decade because you've been treated to one of the best decades an NBA franchise has ever produced.

The Spurs are a fantastic franchise, no doubt. If we're going to be pissed that the Mavs aren't the Spurs, fine, but they're damn close.

If you want to bail then bail. Stop whining about it. You had a year you didn't like? Well guess what, most season ticket holder get 9 years they don't like and 1 year that's pretty good in a decade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Give me a break. The arena has been sold out for a decade because you've been treated to one of the best decades an NBA franchise has ever produced.

The Spurs are a fantastic franchise, no doubt. If we're going to be pissed that the Mavs aren't the Spurs, fine, but they're damn close.

If you want to bail then bail. Stop whining about it. You had a year you didn't like? Well guess what, most season ticket holder get 9 years they don't like and 1 year that's pretty good in a decade.
Whatever dude.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Whatever dude.
You're a perfect example of the entitled Mavs fan base. You have no idea how good you've had it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
You're a perfect example of the entitled Mavs fan base. You have no idea how good you've had it.
Whatever dude.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

First, I'd like to see where Cuban called anybody an idiot. Not saying I can't believe it, knowing Cuban, but dude here is incredibly vague with references to the "general message." I'd just like to see it in context. Link?

Second, I'll never quite understand complaints coming from the "I'm a season ticket holder" perspective. That's basically a "I bought a product and was unsatisfied" argument, but this isn't anything like a typical consumer goods or services situation. Sports are a gamble. They involve a great deal of luck and fortune. Even with absolutely perfect decision making (and I'm not saying the Mavs' has been perfect), things can go awry. If you're not comfortable with that, seems like you should buy something else. Pizza?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #24
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
First, I'd like to see where Cuban called anybody an idiot. Not saying I can't believe it, knowing Cuban, but dude here is incredibly vague with references to the "general message." I'd just like to see it in context. Link?

Second, I'll never quite understand complaints coming from the "I'm a season ticket holder" perspective. That's basically a "I bought a product and was unsatisfied" argument, but this isn't anything like a typical consumer goods or services situation. Sports are a gamble. They involve a great deal of luck and fortune. Even with absolutely perfect decision making (and I'm not saying the Mavs' has been perfect), things can go awry. If you're not comfortable with that, seems like you should buy something else. Pizza?
It's in the first post and I believe that it may have come from a dallasnews report.

When you are a season ticket holder you sort of have to have a leap of faith in the team. It's obviously possible I am over sensitive to it because, well I just am.

But you always have to reup before the season is over, so it's a good faith move from both parties, but mostly the ticket buyer because they front the dough.

Last year was the worst, you paid your money not knowing if there would even be games or not. Then you find out that there will be games but they will suck and the team youve just been so elated with will be gutted.

You can call me butthurt or whatever, but if were watching on the tube I honestly would not care nearly so much, nor feel well..ripped off. I was sold a Lexus but got a Yugoslav this year. . Buyers remorse i guess.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ence-says.html

Just like last postseason, Mark Cuban had refrained from commenting during the Oklahoma City series _ until Saturday evening, prior to Game 4 at American Airlines Center.

First of all, Cuban hasn't given up on the idea of winning this series, even though no NBA team has ever rallied from a 3-0 deficit. When Cuban saw Shawn Marion in the locker room tonight, he said, "Somebody's got to make history, right?"

Then Cuban agreed to take questions while working out on his Stairmaster. He said he understands why, emotionally, fans are disappointed that Mavericks management didn't bring back last season's NBA championship team intact. But Cuban reiterated his season-long stance that he and vice president of operations Donnie Nelson put together the best team they could under the guidelines of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

"I've heard some of the talking headless (media), and all I can tell you is, within the collective bargaining agreement we did everything possible to put the best possible team on the court," he said. "Period. End of story. If someone wants to read it (the CBA) and tell me otherwise, go ahead. But it's like I said, I think we've got a good team. One bounce, one break and we're talking about we had one bad game like we had in Portland last year and we're still up 2-1."

So he has not had any second thoughts about not offering Tyson Chandler a multi-year contract in December, or taking the same approach with departing free agents J.J. Barea, DeShawn Stevenson and Caron Butler.

"Hell no," Cuban said. "Nope. Not even a millisecond. Because those who are talking otherwise haven't read the CBA and are just talking out their (expletive) without any foundation. But that's what you guys do.

"Given what happened, I think we put together a damn good team. If we had one break, one call, one bounce, we're having a completely different conversation and you're thinking how smart we are instead of how stupid we are."

Clearly, Cuban believes the biggest culprit in the Mavericks' bumpy defense of the NBA title is the CBA.

"If you want to nail me for something, I'll be the first to admit that it was a huge (expletive) that I didn't fight for the new (CBA) harder," Cuban said. "I said it before, I'll say it again. It put us and other teams in a bad spot, and it was an overnight handshake deal that I should have fought harder. I'm the first to say that.

"That was my mistake, because once that thing passed, our hands were tied in a lot of respects. But within that, we did the best we could. And we're not out of it yet."

Cuban has chastised media members for not taking the time to read and fully understand the new CBA before forming opinions, and he reiterated that disappointment Saturday.

Cuban pointed out that the Mavericks were under the luxury tax threashold before they agreed to acquire Lamar Odom from the Lakers. He said all of the roster decisions were based on trying to defend the title with the best team possible while keeping salary cap flexibility moving forward.

"We went through it every which way we could and tried to figure out the best way to be successful," Cuban said. "Given what happened, I think we put together a damn good team. Like I said, one break, one call, one bounce, we're having a completely different conversation and you're thinking how smart we are instead of saying how stupid we are."
Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's in the first post and I believe that it may have come from a dallasnews report.

When you are a season ticket holder you sort of have to have a leap of faith in the team. It's obviously possible I am over sensitive to it because, well I just am.

But you always have to reup before the season is over, so it's a good faith move from both parties, but mostly the ticket buyer because they front the dough.

Last year was the worst, you paid your money not knowing if there would even be games or not. Then you find out that there will be games but they will suck and the team youve just been so elated with will be gutted.

You can call me butthurt or whatever, but if were watching on the tube I honestly would not care nearly so much, nor feel well..ripped off. I was sold a Lexus but got a Yugoslav this year. . Buyers remorse i guess.
I definitely understand that it's a vulnerable situation for the buyer, especially with stuff going on like the lockout and all those shenanigans.

But you do consent to that kind of uncertainty when you buy. I'm not saying that means nobody should never complain, but when we look at things objectively, there are probably less than 10-12 pro teams in ALL major American pro sports who have had better decades than the Mavs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I definitely understand that it's a vulnerable situation for the buyer, especially with stuff going on like the lockout and all those shenanigans.

But you do consent to that kind of uncertainty when you buy. I'm not saying that means nobody should never complain, but when we look at things objectively, there are probably less than 10-12 pro teams in ALL major American pro sports who have had better decades than the Mavs.
I don't disagree with this post at all.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #28
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Might I add that they went 23-10 at home, so more often than not the people with season tickets saw the team win.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

Cubes is hypersensitive, as always. He makes it sound like it was not possible to bring Chandler back. As I understand it, he could have if he wanted to, but he chose not to.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ence-says.html

Just like last postseason, Mark Cuban had refrained from commenting during the Oklahoma City series _ until Saturday evening, prior to Game 4 at American Airlines Center.

First of all, Cuban hasn't given up on the idea of winning this series, even though no NBA team has ever rallied from a 3-0 deficit. When Cuban saw Shawn Marion in the locker room tonight, he said, "Somebody's got to make history, right?"

Then Cuban agreed to take questions while working out on his Stairmaster. He said he understands why, emotionally, fans are disappointed that Mavericks management didn't bring back last season's NBA championship team intact. But Cuban reiterated his season-long stance that he and vice president of operations Donnie Nelson put together the best team they could under the guidelines of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

"I've heard some of the talking headless (media), and all I can tell you is, within the collective bargaining agreement we did everything possible to put the best possible team on the court," he said. "Period. End of story. If someone wants to read it (the CBA) and tell me otherwise, go ahead. But it's like I said, I think we've got a good team. One bounce, one break and we're talking about we had one bad game like we had in Portland last year and we're still up 2-1."

So he has not had any second thoughts about not offering Tyson Chandler a multi-year contract in December, or taking the same approach with departing free agents J.J. Barea, DeShawn Stevenson and Caron Butler.

"Hell no," Cuban said. "Nope. Not even a millisecond. Because those who are talking otherwise haven't read the CBA and are just talking out their (expletive) without any foundation. But that's what you guys do.

"Given what happened, I think we put together a damn good team. If we had one break, one call, one bounce, we're having a completely different conversation and you're thinking how smart we are instead of how stupid we are."

Clearly, Cuban believes the biggest culprit in the Mavericks' bumpy defense of the NBA title is the CBA.

"If you want to nail me for something, I'll be the first to admit that it was a huge (expletive) that I didn't fight for the new (CBA) harder," Cuban said. "I said it before, I'll say it again. It put us and other teams in a bad spot, and it was an overnight handshake deal that I should have fought harder. I'm the first to say that.

"That was my mistake, because once that thing passed, our hands were tied in a lot of respects. But within that, we did the best we could. And we're not out of it yet."

Cuban has chastised media members for not taking the time to read and fully understand the new CBA before forming opinions, and he reiterated that disappointment Saturday.

Cuban pointed out that the Mavericks were under the luxury tax threashold before they agreed to acquire Lamar Odom from the Lakers. He said all of the roster decisions were based on trying to defend the title with the best team possible while keeping salary cap flexibility moving forward.

"We went through it every which way we could and tried to figure out the best way to be successful," Cuban said. "Given what happened, I think we put together a damn good team. Like I said, one break, one call, one bounce, we're having a completely different conversation and you're thinking how smart we are instead of saying how stupid we are."
So..he never says the word "idiot", in a quote. The only thing close to an insult was directed at the media. And he said he understands why the fans are disappointed with his decision.

Man...what a bastard.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #31
dude1394
Guru

No he didn't he just said I was talking out of my ass. Which I have done before. Not exactly "idiot" but pretty close.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
No he didn't he just said I was talking out of my ass. Which I have done before. Not exactly "idiot" but pretty close.
He was talking about the media in that quote.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban's frustrations were clearly directed at the media. I don't see where he called fans idiots.

There is one thing that always rings true in sports...winning rocks and losing sucks.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #34
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

"those who are talking otherwise" could be anybody really
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Exactly. Cuban is far and away the smarmiest guy in sports. Who would even be second? Bob Knight? Parcells? Cuban has never been in a room where he's not the smartest-guy-in-the-room.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
dude1394
Guru

If you think I was criticizing cubes for calling me personally or the fans directly an idiot I apologize. My post title was meant to be " I agree with the media so I'm an idiot". In others words here is another idiot who doesn't agree with what cubes is cooking here.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Perhaps, but "But that's what you guys do.", cannot.

He was taking a shot at the media. Cubes doesn't take shots at the fans.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #38
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Perhaps, but "But that's what you guys do.", cannot.

He was taking a shot at the media. Cubes doesn't take shots at the fans.
Actually "you guys" could also be anybody. As in the "you guys" "who are talking otherwise"

Last edited by xrobx; 05-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #39
xrobx
Diamond Member

Let it be known that I agree with you that he didn't have the fans in mind when he said that, but it's something that's very easily taken out of context.

Last edited by xrobx; 05-06-2012 at 10:55 AM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #40
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he was using it like Chunk? As in "Hey you guys!"
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4dn1 couldnt say that, 4dn1 was an idiot