Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-04-2003, 09:36 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Denver vs Indy 60-71 final

That must have been one boring game. I'm so glad we have the high powered Mavs scoring over 100 pts a game.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:39 PM   #2
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Denver vs Indy 60-71 final

Generally, this season has displayed the worst offense I think I've ever seen. The Raptors, Heat, T-Wolves, and Bulls keep putting up numbers that look like half-time scores. It's a little distressing for an NBA fan. Some people have blamed the new rule allowing vets to sit out much of training camp, but I don't think that would have such a big effect.

Like you said, thank goodness for the Mavs.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:55 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Denver vs Indy 60-71 final

You can score 71 points, shoot 35% and win an NBA game by 11? Go figure.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:01 AM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Maybe the NBA should institute a shot clock so the teams should shoot more.

What did you say? They have? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 03:11 AM   #5
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The 131 points are the ninth-lowest total since the NBA instituted the shot clock in 1954-55.
The NBA is so screwed up. They have a team like the Mavs and even let other teams get physical with them and slow them down. There is just way too much emphasis put into maco physical defense now.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:29 PM   #6
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I really can't see how an NBA team can win scoring 71 points, it's unbelievable....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:46 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
I really can't see how an NBA team can win scoring 71 points, it's unbelievable....
It's called these teams suck.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 06:31 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
oh no! all that crap that the East has been digging up and calling basketball the last few years has now spread over to some of the Western C or as I like to call it: the real NBA!!!

shoot somebody[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].....or something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...one thing is for sure, to fix this problem, something needs to be shot!....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:54 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i guess a western team can lose scoring 71 points...
Old 11-07-2003, 09:07 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

whoops, double post.