Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
They have also had great teams to play for. A young qb is going to suck especially in a Cowboys uni. If you aren't as good as Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach you suck in this town. I understand that. We expect alot out of our qb. However, you can't expect a young qb to come right in and succeed when he has had 4 different playbooks to learn in the past 4 years.
FFM, you know better than this. I'm not saying that Carter sucks in comparison to Staubach or Aikman, although that comparison definitely magnifies his suckiness. I'm saying Carter objectively sucks; that is, he sucks in comparison to your average, run of the mill, NFL starter.

I don't care if you gave the guy one playbook for the rest of his life and assembled a ton of offensive talent around him. He will still suck.

At this point, it's not even about succeeding. No one expects Carter to win games. They just ask him not to lose games. And he can't do that.

Okay you win lol. I don't think Carter lost yesterday's game but thats a another subject for another time. Its hard for me to debate about Quincy because there is always one side who thinks he will always suck and there is my side which is he might succeed. I don't put money on him succeeding but i'm going to give him a chance. its impossible to debate Quincy here lol and thats on both sides whether you think he sucks or not.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2003, 04:21 PM   #42
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
yes, there are starting QB's that suck around the league..however, most of the veterans that suck such as plummer have at least had some pretty good success at some point. I don't think he'll be a starter in this league for much longer than this year though.

and then there's kordell stewart. He's pretty much always sucked his entire career. Why anyone game him a contract is beyond me. Maybe there is a place for QCar in the NFL as a starter. Let's ship him to Chicago when Stewart is ran out of town.
When has Jake Plummer had success? His first year he threw has many touchdowns as interceptions. Since then his quarterback rating has been worse every year except 2. Yes they made the playoffs one year, but Kordell led Pittsburg to the AFC Chamoionship. Has Plummer ever been the the Pro Bowl? I don't know, but I don't remember him playing in it. I'm not saying Kodell is good, because he's not, but Plummer is terrible. He has been most of his career.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #43
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
yes, there are starting QB's that suck around the league..however, most of the veterans that suck such as plummer have at least had some pretty good success at some point. I don't think he'll be a starter in this league for much longer than this year though.

and then there's kordell stewart. He's pretty much always sucked his entire career. Why anyone game him a contract is beyond me. Maybe there is a place for QCar in the NFL as a starter. Let's ship him to Chicago when Stewart is ran out of town.
When has Jake Plummer had success? His first year he threw has many touchdowns as interceptions. Since then his quarterback rating has been worse every year except 2. Yes they made the playoffs one year, but Kordell led Pittsburg to the AFC Chamoionship. Has Plummer ever been the the Pro Bowl? I don't know, but I don't remember him playing in it. I'm not saying Kodell is good, because he's not, but Plummer is terrible. He has been most of his career.

I'm curious about that also. Jake Plummer had Frank Sanders and Rob Moore and still couldn't manage to have any success.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

Jake Plummer is definitely an anomaly, but he at least has made the playoffs. When Carter does that, I'll cut the guy some slack.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:29 PM   #45
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Jake Plummer is definitely an anomaly, but he at least has made the playoffs. When Carter does that, I'll cut the guy some slack.

Jake Plummer didn't make the playoffs. Cardinals did.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 04:35 PM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

He made it one year. They beat us. I agree with FFM, It's kind of hard to argue with Quincy sucks. Quincy hasn't given me a lot of ammo to fight with either. I think the guy can be a good QB, just a hunch. If he's not, I will by no means be shocked.

And at the end of the year, I can take the abuse. I'm a big boy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]: At one point someone thought Rick Mirer would be a good QB
Old 09-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
He made it one year. They beat us. I agree with FFM, It's kind of hard to argue with Quincy sucks. Quincy hasn't given me a lot of ammo to fight with either. I think the guy can be a good QB, just a hunch. If he's not, I will by no means be shocked.

And at the end of the year, I can take the abuse. I'm a big boy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]: At one point someone thought Rick Mirer would be a good QB
I agree. I have a huge feeling that even if Quincy does play well he still won't be given props. You already see the posts about Carter hasn't shown anything or any flashes.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #48
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Who thinks....

Chad Hutchinson has no future in the league AT ALL, the guy cant beat out a rookie for the backup job. Lets not try and save face here guys, and keep it real. You sing his praise and he lets you down time and time again, its that simple. Dont try and save face, admit you were wrong and move on. The guy is garbage, and he earned that title. Romo beat him out for the backup job for heavens sake.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #49
QCarFan
Golden Member

On the other hand, QUINCY CARTER earned the starting job with good play. Something quite a few people around here said he wouldn't do, correct?
Old 09-08-2003, 04:53 PM   #50
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Team success is what ultimately defines a player. Plummer was a huge reason they made it to the playoffs, and a huge reason they beat the Cowboys. I'm not saying the guy's anything special. But at least he's enjoyed some marginal measure of success.

Quote:
I agree. I have a huge feeling that even if Quincy does play well he still won't be given props. You already see the posts about Carter hasn't shown anything or any flashes.
Perhaps not from others, but I'll be happy to give him credit if he plays well. If he goes out in Week 2 and has a great game, I'll be the first to say it, and without qualification. I'm a fair guy.

But I'll continue to proclaim his suckiness in the interim.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Chad Hutchinson has no future in the league AT ALL, the guy cant beat out a rookie for the backup job. Lets not try and save face here guys, and keep it real. You sing his praise and he lets you down time and time again, its that simple. Dont try and save face, admit you were wrong and move on. The guy is garbage, and he earned that title. Romo beat him out for the backup job for heavens sake.
Where is that broken record pic? Can you not see that criticism of Qshitty has nothing to do with Hutch being a bad quarterback with questionable potential? You keep pulling this statement and others like it clean out of your ass in a pathetic attempt to change the flow of the conversation. We haven't let you do that yet, so why do you think we would let you now?

Some people think Hutch has a future. Some think Qshitty has a future. Neither has done a single thing to show us that either one can be a serviceable qb in the NFL. They both suck ass. But when we concentrate on Qspare (since he is the starter and deserves more time) please don't try to make it all about Hutchispare.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #52
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
For that, I respect you. You're wrong, but at least you'll stick around and take the abuse I'm going to dish out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 04:56 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:

Why do you think this? Have you not read the gameday thread where I and others gave him props for good plays? Do you just insist like another hardheaded ass that many of us have given him credit for the extroirdinarily few nice plays he has made? There is nothing to suggest that the posters here will do anything other than say well done Qspare if and when the time presents itself. After all...the source of the Qcrappy frustration is that the Cowboys aren't winning with him at quarterback. Plain, simple, factual.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:58 PM   #54
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Quote:
Team success is what ultimately defines a player. Plummer was a huge reason they made it to the playoffs, and a huge reason they beat the Cowboys. I'm not saying the guy's anything special. But at least he's enjoyed some marginal measure of success.

Quote:
Perhaps not from others, but I'll be happy to give him credit if he plays well. If he goes out in Week 2 and has a great game, I'll be the first to say it, and without qualification. I'm a fair guy.

But I'll continue to proclaim his suckiness in the interim.

Lol i'm not looking foward to him having a great game next week. I think he makes less errors and puts up more td's. My question is will the running game be on? We might actually have somethign here with our running game if this continues. And no Cason won't average 35 yards a carry next game either. I don't expect that.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #55
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Who the hell is talking about Hutchinson? When will you grasp the concept that Carter being better than Hutchinson does not equal Carter being good?

And who is trying to save face? Please, grow some balls and call names. That way YOU can keep it real.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:03 PM   #56
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:

Why do you think this? Have you not read the gameday thread where I and others gave him props for good plays? Do you just insist like another hardheaded ass that many of us have given him credit for the extroirdinarily few nice plays he has made? There is nothing to suggest that the posters here will do anything other than say well done Qspare if and when the time presents itself. After all...the source of the Qcrappy frustration is that the Cowboys aren't winning with him at quarterback. Plain, simple, factual.

LoL. I just said that I have a feeling. I don't expect you guys to praise Quincy. I just expect you guys to give him some time thats all. You guys can do what you please.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #57
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
On the other hand, QUINCY CARTER earned the starting job with good play.
As Collingsworth succinctly pointed out yesterday afternoon, there's a big difference between playing well in the preseason and playing well during the season. Carter just can't do the latter. Come on, pal. To use your words, "Don't try and save face; admit you were wrong and move on."

Quote:
Something quite a few people around here said he wouldn't do, correct?
Address posters directly if you're going to make accusations.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:06 PM   #58
QCarFan
Golden Member

I couldnt agree more FFM, he will get little to no props at all.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #59
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Who the hell is talking about Hutchinson? When will you grasp the concept that Carter being better than Hutchinson does not equal Carter being good?
Smartest thing I've read in a while.

... so what good does it do to constantly bitch about EITHER of these two QBs? They're both bad, Carter is better right now, and Hutch's best chance will come with some more ballcap & clipboard time anyway, so what more can be squeezed from the situation? Who gives a FFFFFFF anymore?

Two possible outcomes:
1) Pleasant surprise, the Cowboys win 7 or 8 games. Still need a long term QB. Preferably one who never played minor league baseball. Draft one or sign one.
2) We suck, get a high draft pick. Still need a long term QB. Preferably one who never played minor league baseball. Draft one or sign one.

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #60
QCarFan
Golden Member

I dont name drop like that, its classless.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
I dont name drop like that, its classless.
Translation: I pull comments out of my ass with no basis.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #62
QCarFan
Golden Member

And I definiely don't insult people just to get a kick out of others and better my arguments, I was raised better than that.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:30 PM   #63
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

i like insulting people. it makes the insignificant people feel even more insignificant...nothing like kicking a man while they're down.... and I don't like to let them get back up.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #64
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
Smartest thing I've read in a while.

... so what good does it do to constantly bitch about EITHER of these two QBs? They're both bad, Carter is better right now, and Hutch's best chance will come with some more ballcap & clipboard time anyway, so what more can be squeezed from the situation? Who gives a FFFFFFF anymore?

Two possible outcomes:
1) Pleasant surprise, the Cowboys win 7 or 8 games. Still need a long term QB. Preferably one who never played minor league baseball. Draft one or sign one.
2) We suck, get a high draft pick. Still need a long term QB. Preferably one who never played minor league baseball. Draft one or sign one.
I agree with everything you said.

Also, I probably wouldn't talk about Carter at all but for the fact that QCar, FFM, and the rest I've identified in this thread think he has a future. As long as they continue to tout his potential, ability, etc., I'll continue to point out Carter's worthlessness, in obnoxious fashion if necessary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #65
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
i like insulting people. it makes the insignificant people feel even more insignificant...nothing like kicking a man while they're down.... and I don't like to let them get back up.
Classic.

Why not kick a man when he's down? His head will never get closer to your foot.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:48 PM   #66
QCarFan
Golden Member

Whats insulting people over the internet on a message board murphy3? LOL, I mean really what is that? It means nothing, anyone can hide behind a computer and be tough. The thing is though kg, when he was having good game after good game in the preseason, you had little to nothing at all to say. Why is that? Who cares if it was just preseason, a good game is a good game. Like the guys said yesterday, preseason is different but a good game is a good game. You, like some of the others who has came out of the woods when he has had a bad game and has ALOT to say. It's pathetic, honestly it really is. I cannot give an analysis on his season, until AFTER the season and that wont change until his season is done.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:57 PM   #67
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
The thing is though kg, when he was having good game after good game in the preseason, you had little to nothing at all to say. Why is that?
A quick review of the posts in this section would reveal that I congratulated Carter when he played well and won the starting job, but I stated all along that he sucks. I've been consistent throughout in my opinion of him, while giving him credit when he has played well.

[quote]
Who cares if it was just preseason, a good game is a good game. Like the guys said yesterday, preseason is different but a good game is a good game. [q/]

Is that really what you're going to hang your hat on? A good preseason? Talk about pathetic.

Quote:
You, like some of the others who has came out of the woods when he has had a bad game and has ALOT to say.
You're completely myopic. I stated in the preseason that he sucked, even when he was playing well. I didn't "come out of the woods" (the phrase is "come out of the woodwork").

Quote:
It's pathetic, honestly it really is.
What, that I would persistently state the truth to illustrate just how wrong you and other Carter supporters are? Sorry, but if you can't handle it, you might as well leave, because I'll be ripping Carter every time he plays poorly this season. I'll give him credit where it's due as well, but I'm fairly confident I'll be doing a lot more criticizing than praising.

Quote:
I cannot give an analysis on his season, until AFTER the season and that wont change until his season is done.
If you'd like to leave the message board until the season is over, then I'll meet you back here around the 1st of January and we can discuss how terrible Carter's season was. But if you plan to stick around, then I'm going to be here every week, stating the obvious, since you can't seem to see it.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:14 PM   #68
QCarFan
Golden Member

OK, answer this kg, did you have as much to say when he was having good game after good game? And I am sure you have had that song written for awhile,(while you may or may not admit it is another thing) why are you just now posting it? Is it because he never gave you a reason to, because we playing well? Or is, you had little to nothing at all to say after those particular games? Well, surely you didn't have as much as you are saying right now.......................
Old 09-08-2003, 07:58 PM   #69
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

Qsparefan is unable to answer direct questions. pathetic.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #70
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
OK, answer this kg, did you have as much to say when he was having good game after good game?
What, are you just going to start repeating questions now? I've already answered this.

Quote:
And I am sure you have had that song written for awhile,(while you may or may not admit it is another thing) why are you just now posting it? Is it because he never gave you a reason to, because we playing well? Or is, you had little to nothing at all to say after those particular games? Well, surely you didn't have as much as you are saying right now.......................
I know you're going to be truly amazed at my talent and wit, but I wrote that song approximately two minutes before I posted it. I mean, I realize how damn good it is, and it looks like I must have spent a really long time on it, and waited for just the right time to post it. But in reality, it was just sort of a spur of the moment thing.

By the way, you've really got me pegged. Up until now, Carter was just SO good that I couldn't say anything bad about him. Oh wait......I've been talking about how bad he sucks for a long time now. Guess that blows your theory...

Old 09-08-2003, 08:40 PM   #71
QCarFan
Golden Member

What questions did he ask drbio? I don't mind answering his questions, but I don't care to reply to some others questions because I get tired of insults and what not. And I have some questions in my posts I would like to get answered, but do they? Some do, and some don't but that's to be expected.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:48 PM   #72
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

I was referring to your inability to answer my Parcells Superiority Hypothesis question in the other thread.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:52 PM   #73
QCarFan
Golden Member

I bet
Old 09-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #74
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
I bet
If you don't want the answer don't ask. It's moronic at best. Now, can you answer teh damn question or will you continue to ignore it like you ignore all facts?
Old 09-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #75
QCarFan
Golden Member

What questions? The ones in between each of the insults you throw out there? No, thanks it's a waste of my time and yours.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:15 PM   #76
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

Quote:
What questions? The ones in between each of the insults you throw out there? No, thanks it's a waste of my time and yours.
It's no waste of time. Except to you because it will expose you as a dumbass. If you would just buck up and admit you made conflicting statements, I'll let it drop. Until then, be prepared to have me ride your ass on every post you make because you won't take a side (a side on two of your opinions).
Old 09-08-2003, 09:26 PM   #77
QCarFan
Golden Member

dumbass? Haha, sure bro whatever you say. I am the least bit worried about you riding my ass.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #78
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

And yet you still avoid the facts and the question. Pathetic.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #79
QCarFan
Golden Member

Again, when I hear what I said so bad I will man up and reply. But I cant and wont until then.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:39 PM   #80
Drbio
Banned

Default Who thinks....

You've buried the post with your unintelligent drivel. I'll find it again.