Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #41
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Song in Honor of Q-Car...written by yours truly

Quote:
I am wrong, then please enlighten me on both of their records as starters in the least 2 years please. If you don't mind my good man, I would appreciate it.
My comment was directed to how wrong you are about Carter, not as to who has the better record.

Quote:
And Hutch is not the backup, he is the 3rd string QB for heavens sake
Which even further illustrates my point. I'm not going to waste time talking about a bench player.

Quote:
Which And people are still saying, he might be this, and he has a chance at that. Uhhhhhh NO he dont, he is garbage and will never be anything more than that.
You can see quite clearly when it comes to Hutchinson; too bad you can't with regard to Carter.

Also, is the guy really garbage? I mean, he's a terrible football player, but that's kind of harsh, isn't it?

Quote:
He is the backup to the backup of the starting QB, it IS that simple. As far am I am concerned I have not been proven wrong on anything, can I be in about 15 more games? Of course, but we will have to see.
Stop talking about Hutchinson and start talking about your man Carter. Then you'll gain some credibility.

Carter stunk in Week One. I'll check back with you after his Week Two performance.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #42
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: A Song in Honor of Q-Car...written by yours truly

The Hutch being cut topid has already been discussed around here. No need to go into it, but Hutch shouldv'e been cut. Most on here agreed about that, but the Cowboys wont be doing that. I support Parcells, it's that simple.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently, Qsparefan forgets what he types. In other threads, he uses the argument that "Parcells knows what he is doing" to support his manlove of Qsucks. Then, he insinuates that Stoerner is better than Hutch in violation of his Parcells Superiority Hypothesis. Didn't Parcells cut Stoerner in favor of Hutch & Romo? So what is it? I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the backtracks and mis-steps.
Dammit, Doc, don't interject logic into the discussion.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:17 PM   #44
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
The Hutch being cut topid has already been discussed around here. No need to go into it, but Hutch shouldv'e been cut. Most on here agreed about that, but the Cowboys wont be doing that. I support Parcells, it's that simple.
You support Parcells. Great. So why would he cut Storner and keep Hutch when in your infinite wisdom, Stoerner is better than Hutch? I really am interested in hearing this explanation.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:19 PM   #45
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
And him making the type of money he is, to tbe the 3rd string QB gives you all the reason in the world to make a song about him. Think about it, doesn't he deserve a song? He has definitely earned it, lol. The guy is pathetic.............
Your fixation on Hutchinson is amazing. I've never seen someone waste this much time talking about a 3rd stringer. Are you that threatened by him?

Also, if you want a song about Hutchinson that badly, write one yourself. No one's stopping you.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:26 PM   #46
QCarFan
Golden Member

Oh, sorry thought we were staying on the topic of who was winner and losing games as you brought up kg, my apologies. I would have cut Stoerner, if I was calling the shots but I am not so I will support Bill on this one. Parcells dont think he stunk it up, so neither do I. I want judge his play until after game 16. Sure I will say whether he had a bad game or not from week to week, but there's no way you can make a logical analysis on his season until AFTER the season.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:29 PM   #47
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Oh, sorry thought we were staying on the topic of who was winner and losing games as you brought up kg, my apologies.
Huh? How did I bring up that topic?

Quote:
I would have cut Stoerner, if I was calling the shots but I am not so I will support Bill on this one. Parcells dont think he stunk it up, so neither do I. I want judge his play until after game 16. Sure I will say whether he had a bad game or not from week to week, but there's no way you can make a logical analysis on his season until AFTER the season.
So you think he played well on Sunday?

I'll give the guy the whole season; I'm just going to let you know about it every week.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #48
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
You support Parcells. Great. So why would he cut Storner and keep Hutch when in your infinite wisdom, Stoerner is better than Hutch? I really am interested in hearing this explanation.

Thats simple. You are tied into Hutch because you decided to pay him 4 million a year. You can't cut that.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #49
QCarFan
Golden Member

Maybe you should read my posts for what it is, I said he dod not play well Sunday. It's that simple, and you are the one who brought up Carter losing games, and I said give me both their records as starters from the last two season?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:50 PM   #50
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

I talked about Carter losing games relative to the discussion of Carter vs. Plummer, Brady, etc. Not in reference to Hutchinson. I haven't talked about Hutchinson at all.

I just now saw your comment that Quincy didn't play well in the Gameday thread. Good for you. I'll check back with you about Week 2.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:55 PM   #51
QCarFan
Golden Member

exactly my point FFM, good post.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #52
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
exactly my point FFM, good post.
Exactly your point except that you didn't say it, FFM did.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #53
QCarFan
Golden Member

We as in you and I were not saying anything about any other QBs, this whole thread was basically you, Doc, and I. So, I don't know where the others came into play. Well, that's all we can do is wait until next week.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:10 PM   #54
QCarFan
Golden Member

Yes, surely I haven't said the Cowboys cant cut Hutch because of the money he makes kg.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:59 PM   #55
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Parcells: Too Early To Overreact

Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
September 8, 2003, 6:43 p.m. (CDT)

IRVING, Texas - One game, that's all.

There are still 15 more to play.

That seemed to be Monday's theme for Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells, who wouldn't let the media blow Sunday's loss to the Falcons too far out of proportion.

Sure, he was disappointed about the loss and the performances of certain players. But no, kicker Billy Cundiff didn't get fired. He still has a job. And no, the Cowboys weren't calling for quarterback Neil O'Donnell or any other big-named veterans in need of work.

There just wasn't any knee-jerking going on around Valley Ranch.

"It's just one game, guys," Parcells said of Sunday's 27-13 loss to the Falcons. "We've got a long season to go. I was disappointed in a lot of things that I saw. We made a lot of mistakes that I thought were elementary. But the game was not one-sided. We had our chances. We just made more mistakes than they did. To me, we're just starting this thing. We've got a lot of work to do."

And that work appears to be with the players already on the roster. Parcells didn't seem too excited about making massive personnel changes, at least for now.

"You have to consider what your options are before you take action," Parcells said. "If your options are worse than what you're doing now, you try to get what you're doing now a little bit better."

And that starts with the kicker. Expect Parcells to stick with Cundiff even though the second-year kicker missed a 33-yard field goal attempt Sunday and had an extra point attempt blocked, the first one the Cowboys have had blocked since 1989.

"It's only one kick . . . geez," Parcells said in his Monday morning press conference. "Let me just the see the guy. Let's give him a chance to do this. Now, if he missed three field goals next week, I might to start thinking about things. But I don't expect him to do that. He's made most of them during the off-season."

Of course Cundiff won't be in the greatest of kicking conditions the next two games, the Cowboys headed to Giants Stadium this Monday night to meet the New York Giants and then two weeks later after the bye to face the Jets.

And while there was much speculation the fiery Parcells would have already replaced his kicker, Parcells also quelled speculation that a lot of vested veteran players were on their way to Valley Ranch, guys such as Adrian Murrell and Ray Crockett and maybe even quarterback Neil O'Donnell.

"Right now, I'm not planning on making any moves," Parcells said. "Now that could change, I just don't know. But I'm not anticipating doing anything. You sort of have to go with what you have for the most part."

And since he's still finding out about his quarterback, Quincy Carter, he's not even thinking about making any impulsive moves there.

"I think he's got some things to work on, but we already knew that," said Parcells, who tried to squash any notions Carter might have taken a step backwards from his preseason play. "This isn't the preseason. That's over. Everything is different now. The pace is different. And teams have had some time to watch the film and maybe take away some of the things he likes to do. So it's a little bit different right now."

But Parcells commended Carter's preparation for the opener, noticing him still around at Valley Ranch last Tuesday night past 8 p.m. watching tape. He also said the third-year quarterback made a few plays in the game that peaked his interest.

"I thought Quincy made some outstanding throws," Parcells said of Carter, who passed for a career-high 268 yards, yet tossed an interception and lost a fumble. "He made some mistakes. But he did have five or six very good throws."

And it could be those flashes that keeps Parcells from knee-jerking at this point. Or it could be his experience in this situation.

When Parcells took over a Giants team in 1983 coming off a 4-5 record in the strike-shortened '82 season, he lost his debut 16-6 at home to the Rams. In fact, the Giants only won only three games that season.

Of course, after winning two Super Bowls with the Giants, Parcells' reputation was completely different when he inherited the Patriots in 1993. In his first game with New England, Parcells' new team lost in Buffalo, 38-13, and only won five games that year.

Now the exception to the trend came in 1997 when Parcells took a 1-15 Jets team to a season-opening 41-3 season-opening victory over the Seahawks. The Jets did win nine games that year, just missing the playoffs.

The point is, while Parcells might not seem to be a patient man, he has been just that at the outset of his three previous head coaching stops. Sure, Parcells wants to win now, and that's why he refuses to call this a rebuilding year.

"We're trying to win as many games as possible, right now," Parcells said. "That's the goal. To win every game and it's no different. I have my own expectations of this team, and they might have been a little too high. But that's OK. I'm not worried about where we are right now. I know this is a long season. We'll get back to the drawing board here."

Losing the season opener is slowly becoming a trend here with the Cowboys, who have now lost four straight openers.

And three of those games, including Sunday's loss to the Falcons, have been somewhat of an eye-opener for the Cowboys. In 2000, the Cowboys were drilled by the Eagles 41-14 in a sauna-like Texas Stadium where quarterback Troy Aikman suffered yet another concussion and Eagles running back Duce Staley torched the Cowboys for 201 rushing yards.

The Cowboys were outmanned against the Bucs in 2001, throwing Carter to the wolves in his NFL rookie debut. But the defense was game enough to keep the score close, allowing the Cowboys the opportunity to drive for the winning score on their last possession in the 10-6 loss.

But last year, losing to the expansion Texans, 19-10, took the cake, and Carter took most of the blame. But the quarterback bounced back a week later to beat the Tennessee Titans, who ended up playing in the AFC Championship Game last season. Carter had one of his best days guiding the Cowboys to the upset win.

"I don't worry about what (the media) says about me," Carter said. "I just keep my focus and worry about what my coaches tell me and just try to get ready for the next game. So I can't do anything about the last game or last year. You can only go forward and that's what I'm going to do."

And sounds as if that's exactly what Parcells is doing, too, going forward, at least for now, with what he has.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
NO to cutting cundiff, no to bringing in odonnel and no to ray crockett.
Looks as if he still thinks carter can do it.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #56
Drbio
Banned

You still haven't answered the question. Please address the Parcells Supremacy Hypothesis question.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #57
QCarFan
Golden Member

Way to go Bill, I am with you buddy. Let's get ready for next week, Bill said it all right there.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

Still ignoring the question then?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:53 PM   #59
QCarFan
Golden Member

whatever u say
Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM   #60
Drbio
Banned

You are ignoring it because you cannot spin it. There is no intelligent way to spin your way out. You got caught in doublespeak and the only way out is to admit it and move on.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #61
QCarFan
Golden Member

we shall see, wont we?
Old 09-08-2003, 09:03 PM   #62
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
we shall see, wont we?
I doubt it. You will continue to avoid answering my question because you have no intelligent answer for a response. You got cornered by logic and cannot overcome it.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #63
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Logic is a bitch sometimes.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #64
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Wow. Bill Parcells seems to be one of the guys who thinks we shouldn't overreact over 1 loss. I must agree with the guy.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 PM   #65
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Logic is a bitch sometimes.

So are facts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 PM   #66
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Wow. Bill Parcells seems to be one of the guys who thinks we shouldn't overreact over 1 loss. I must agree with the guy.
Parcells has only seen Qtardzan in one NFL game. Unfortunately the rest of us have seen him in several more.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #67
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Parcells has only seen Qtardzan in one NFL game. Unfortunately the rest of us have seen him in several more.

LoL that statement is incorrect. Now being that I do know that Parcells has seen tape of Quincy which he has stated in his 11:30 club you mean to tell me you actually believe that was the first time he saw Quincy play?

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 09:17 PM   #68
QCarFan
Golden Member

I agree with Bill, the one who makes the decisions around here. I trust his judgement and his logic, he wouldn't be where he was today if he wasn't good at what he does. And I am sure this isn't the first game Parcells has watched where Quincy started. Come on drbio, surely you aren't that naive.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:19 PM   #69
Drbio
Banned

Of course he's seen tape morons. You once again miss the pooint. But it's the first game he has coached Qretarded. He isn't going to mindf*ck the guy after one game even though he probably thinks he deserves it.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:20 PM   #70
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I agree with Bill, the one who makes the decisions around here. I trust his judgement and his logic, he wouldn't be where he was today if he wasn't good at what he does. And I am sure this isn't the first game Parcells has watched where Quincy started. Come on drbio, surely you aren't that naive.
Care to finally attempt to offer up an answer then to the Parcells Superiority Hypothesis???
Old 09-08-2003, 09:22 PM   #71
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Of course he's seen tape morons. You once again miss the pooint. But it's the first game he has coached Qretarded. He isn't going to mindf*ck the guy after one game even though he probably thinks he deserves it.

Chill out Doc. I can see this is starting to get real ugly. Did you not say that Parcells has only seen QC play 1 NFL game? Did you not say that? Lets keep this to football guys and that goes for everyone. Lets restrain ourselves from namecalling. Its not fair to other members of this site.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 09:23 PM   #72
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Care to finally attempt to offer up an answer then to the Parcells Superiority Hypothesis???
Of course not. The clown can blabber on for days about absolutely nothing, but don't ask him to reconcile two inconsistent statements. That's like asking your auto mechanic to perform open heart surgery. It's simply beyond his capabilities.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:24 PM   #73
QCarFan
Golden Member

Well said FFM, come on "Doc" you really believe that's the first game Parcells has seen the guy play? LOL
Old 09-08-2003, 09:26 PM   #74
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

Chill out Doc. I can see this is starting to get real ugly. Did you not say that Parcells has only seen QC play 1 NFL game? Did you not say that? Lets keep this to football guys and that goes for everyone. Lets restrain ourselves from namecalling. Its not fair to other members of this site.

The one game thing was misunderstood by you and the dork. I am not heated up. But ignorant statements will bring wrathful-esque replies. I have yet to read one intelligent response by Qtardfan. All I've aske dhim to do was reconcile two conflicting posts he made. He can't because he cannot either remember what he said even though I quoted it for him, or he is intellectually unable to formulate rational responses. either way...it's sad.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #75
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Well said FFM, come on "Doc" you really believe that's the first game Parcells has seen the guy play? LOL
You really are a dumbarse. You fixate on one thing a t atime and have perhaps the most pathologically closed mind in the history of this site. You fail to acknowledge facts and are devoid of rational thought. You misunderstood my post and now want to try to make it a rallying post. Get over it. Parcells has seen Qshitty play live one game. Of course he has seen tape. Do you understand what a rhetorical question is? I guess not.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:29 PM   #76
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The one game thing was misunderstood by you and the dork. I am not heated up. But ignorant statements will bring wrathful-esque replies. I have yet to read one intelligent response by Qtardfan. All I've aske dhim to do was reconcile two conflicting posts he made. He can't because he cannot either remember what he said even though I quoted it for him, or he is intellectually unable to formulate rational responses. either way...it's sad.

Just answer this. What did you mean by Parcells has only seen Carter play 1 NFL game but we have seen him several more? Come on Doc. Its only one way to take that. KG, what do you get from that statement? Help me understand it than Doc.

1996-2005
Old 09-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #77
QCarFan
Golden Member

What did I say so bad kg? And calling me a clown to better your argument is definitely the way to go bro. And FFM, dont worry about it, he said it but now is trying to backtrack. LOL, you said it Doc, and was called on it. You were wrong, admit it and move on. No need to insult us, just because seen it and called you on it.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #78
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Honestly, I think we're seeing Joe Joe/RCF reincarnated.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:35 PM   #79
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Its only one way to take that. KG, what do you get from that statement? Help me understand it than Doc.
Honestly, I took what he said to mean that Parcells has only seen Quincy (live) in one game, while we've had to watch him his entire career. I could be wrong about it, but that's how I took what he said. I kind of figured that Doc knows that Parcells has watched some tape, so he didn't literally mean "see".

It's not like Doc questioned Parcells' decision-making in one breath and then supported it the next, all the while not even grasping his own inconsistency.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:35 PM   #80
QCarFan
Golden Member

As soon as somsone point out to me what I said that was so bad, of course I will man up and respond to it, but I am yet to see anyone post the two different statments.