Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-08-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

I accompanied that player's games and I think him
it could be a good option to Mavs, in case Najera doesn't stay.
Sentence of Vlamir Marques, consecrated technician and a great former-player here in Brazil:
" After Michael Jordan, Dirk Nowitzki he is the best player that I saw to act personally ".
My opinion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]irk is the best!
Old 09-09-2002, 07:06 AM   #2
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

Oberto is an awesome player that should be welcomed in any NBA team. He is quite young, and can improve a lot .Where is he playing now?

As for Dirk, he really assured me of his allstar qualities. Who can dispute him being the MVP of the tournament? No one. It seems his defense is improving, too. He got that killer instinct which he should cherish. And to think he's only 24... Really, he could become one of the greatest players ever.
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

If I remember correctly (and my memory is vague) Oberto plays with the Spanish champion ... dunno how it´s written atm ... its NOT Barcelone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #4
mali king

maybe Real Madrid?

gonna check it, anyway
Old 09-09-2002, 12:51 PM   #5
mali king

well, I was wrong about his age. He's not so young. The name of the team is Valencia

Oberto ID
Old 09-09-2002, 08:38 PM   #6
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

The team is Tal Ceramica!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:54 PM   #7
mali king

check the link I put in the previous post, dirk brasil. It appears he's in Valencia now.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:03 AM   #8
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

German daily newspaper Frankfurter Rundschau: Nowitzki freut sich schon auf die Ende Oktober beginnende NBA-Saison und will sich bis dahin "noch ein paar Monster-Moves" antrainieren."

No need to translate that, because everyone is able to translate the key-word "Monster-Moves" ;-)) Basically, Dirk said, that he wants to train and add some more moves till the season starts. I already can hear the defenders cry for HELP...

Also, keep an eye on Misan Nigakbatse from the German team. This kid just turned twenty and put on a great show during the Worlds. I`d love to see him in a Mavs` uniform someday...I hope Rolando shows the Nelson family some of his video footage...they should be more than impressed.
Interview with Ro (German)
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:54 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Translation:

Blackman: "Nikagbatse and Okulaja have NBA-Potenzial"

Misan Nikagbatse (l.) was for Blackman the large postive surprise
Munich - the German basketballs have with the third place in the world championship in Indianapolis for furors worried.

After the EM-profit 1993, Dirk Nowitzki and Co worried. for the largest international success of a DBB-team. SPORT1 spoke with Co-Trainer Rolando Blackman, that belongs also in the NBA in the Nowitzki-club Dallas Mavericks to the Trainerstab, over the crazy achievements of the team.

SPORT1 : Mr. Blackman, how do you fell result after the world championship in Indianapolis from?

Rolando Blackman : a magnificent tournament was it for the German basketball. As an Assistenztrainer, I pride very to have collaborated with these players and Trainern. Each performed incredible in order to get this bronze medal.

Do SPORT1: they have the feeling that the German team in the course of the days of Indianapolis improved itself?

Blackman : yes, in each case and at each day. I have been did myself for a year at the same time, and since then much. The draft and also the understanding what must be done in order to win, function. The players and the German basketball develop themselves.

SPORT1 : in like far?

Learn Blackman : now, the players, what one needs in order to win. They speak not only about that.

SPORT1 : many persons believe would be, the team only Dirk Nowitzki. Do you see that also so?

Blackman : that must believe the public. For so the German team in the public is sold. Everywhere, where one hinsieht, sees one a large picture of Dirk Nowitzki and a little of the team. So it is represented in the media. That is terrible. For the team can be strong not only with a person.

SPORT1 : who has next to Nowitzki most convinced?

Blackman : many in this team that performed magnificent gives it. As well as Mithat Demirel, Ademola Okulaja, Henrik Rödl or Jörg Lütcke. We have player in this team who brought its achievement over years. Dirk is a magnificent player, one of the best in the world. But it is not alone if it goes therefore, who wins games for the German national team.

SPORT1 : which player have you surprised during the tournament most?

Blackman : Misan Nikagbatse was that. It is a magnificent young player. It will go its way. Misan is first 20. It has a crazy future before itself, also in the national team.

Does SPORT1: it have the Potenzial for the NBA?

Blackman : yes. It showed the Potenzial. He worked himself into the team. Also Ademola Okulaja could create the leap. Both have the thing, a team weiterzuhelfen.

SPORT1 : the defeat against Argentina in the half finale was bitter because it was avoidable. What were your first thoughts?

Blackman : I was disappointed very. We were nearly at it. We must be more stable simple at the end of a party, mental more strongly. We must learn that simple game trains are the most important Plays.

SPORT1 : how far is the German team removed yet by the world tip?

Blackman : not very far. Each player however yet must improve himself. If one looked at himself the WM-finale, one saw a very kampfbetontes, partial überhartes game. It was like a war, a giant-battle. Our players must learn to exist in this atmosphere.

SPORT1 : during the German of positively surprised, experienced the "Dream team" a fiasco. How was it lose for you as an American, the USA to see?

Blackman : I did not feel myself badly at the same time. I was happy for Germany over the medals profit. One saw that also such one team must prepare itself more long for a large tournament. It is important also for the USA that one has respect before the opponents. One prepared himself simply not sufficient.

Had SPORT1: the "Dream team" earned the name this year generally?

Blackman : there was only a "Dream team", that of 1992. No One was able to strike this team. Each USA-team after that was a team good, also this team. One spent only not enough time together in order to prepare himself.

Did SPORT1: with Yugoslavia also the best team world master become?

Blackman : I not know whether they were actual the best team. At this day, they were certainly stronger than an Argentina. I would have seen gladly how the game would have gone out, if in Argentina Emanuel Ginobili more long played had.

The conversation led Michael Schwartz

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote