Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...layoff-success

Just stumbled over this. Its true that we still rank last in Points-in-the-Paint, but over the last 10 we average exactly 44 a game and have been held under 40 only once. Our average raised throughout February from 32.9 to 35.2. Still want to wait a few more games until speaking about a trend, but I think our season average could no longer be that meaningful.
I think this is also interesting. Look at the shot charts lately.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=310227028

Marion is living in the paint. So is tyson, jjb has an apartment there and jet has a condo. Lately the basket driving has come from all angles.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Awesome article by Stein, IMO:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...arc&id=6166262

I love his take on Dallas now being a sleeper because the Mavs have been pushed to the "do something in the playoffs, then we'll talk" category.

If I was the Lakers, I might look into letting OKC take over 3rd. Maybe I'm being a bit of a homer, but it seems like the Lakers would matchup much better with the Spurs than the Mavs.

Of course that's assuming the playoff seeding would stay the same as it is now.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted that article in another thread... great stuff!

Although I do think it's a bit of a burn that they featured the Knicks instead of the Spurs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-01-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Although I do think it's a bit of a burn that they featured the Knicks instead of the Spurs...
Agreed. But I guess they just wanted to give the cities that have dedicated ESPN sites a little something extra for the playoff fire. But they really should have just taken the top 3-4 in each conference and done the same thing.

The comments on the article are priceless. I get a kick out of scorned SA fans talking trash while in the same breath (or another Spurs fan) telling Mavs fans to be more classy. All the while, idiot Mavs fans do the exact same thing. Love it.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
Old 03-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
bobbyfg7

Anyone want to throw a poor man a bone and post this... *gulp* ...Hollinger article? Or a summary maybe?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...PERDiem-110301