Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default 19-12: FRANCHISE RECORD COMEBACK

We really need to get this post-game thread issue sorted out. The Mavs set a freakin' record tonight, and there's no PGT to talk about it. I appreciate thiggy's work, but ddh has been next to nonexistent around these parts this year, and that's not a good thing. ddh, I implore you to issue your post-game thoughts here again.

If you suffered through the Lakers coming back against us by 26 points or so about five years ago, then you know how sweet this win was. You don't come back from 29 down as a matter of course. When you have been a franchise for going on 29 years and you have never done it before, it is certainly noteworthy.

And a couple hours after the game, and there is still no postgame thread? Please. We can do better than that!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

haha nice chum

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

While it is inexcusable to be trailing 29 points to the Wolves in the first place, coming back from that, and winning by 7, no matter what the team you are playing or you are, is spectacular. Coming back from a deficit like that is something the Mavs needed to regain their confidence. We are learning how to finish finally. If we're able to come back in situations like this, we can maintain 10 point half-time leads. It's all about the mentality. As long as we don't get too comfortable, and play aggressive, we can compete with anybody. The wolves weren't the best measurement, but the heart I felt this team had lost has reappeared, and in many cases, seems to dwarf the spirit seen by Los Angeles, Cleveland, and Boston.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think people realize how hard it is to come back from a 29-point defecit. If it were easy, it would have been done before! This is truly a special night in Mavericks history. This was the bunch that showed the moxie to get it done. Twenty-eight years before them, and nobody did it. These guys did tonight. That deserves accolades.

I guess the message-board types are on vacation and can't be bothered. It's a good thing our Mavs weren't in that same mode. What a great win tonight!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:09 AM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Chum's hitting the nail on the head with this one. What a great win for the guys. Of course, it was pretty terrible of them to be down 29 in the first place, but man did they ever fight back.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
Chum's hitting the nail on the head with this one. What a great win for the guys. Of course, it was pretty terrible of them to be down 29 in the first place, but man did they ever fight back.
Something tells me that the troops will enjoy a happy New Year's without regret for their last effort on the court. And I mean effort, man.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 AM   #7
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Unusual game. Anomalies, extremes, and flukes.

26 minutes of HORRIBLE basketball, 22 minutes of AMAZING basketball. 26 minutes where one ponders how we can expect anything special out of a team thats down by 29 on its homecourt against the Twolves, and 22 minutes where one ponders if our "four horsemen" are playing well at the same time, we can be something special.

All I know is it was an entertaining game and a historic game.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

It's typical Mavericks fans. Can't be bothered when there is other stuff going on. Not impressed by a comeback, because we are too good to have to come back. Eat the cake and have it, too.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Something tells me that the troops will enjoy a happy New Year's without regret for their last effort on the court. And I mean effort, man.
It was just so good to see them all smiling. Even Josh, who I'm not particularly fond of.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:26 AM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I couldnt watch the game and just watched the highlights and WOW KIDD was just amazing out there he looked to be everywhere and the passes...wow

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:29 AM   #11
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough

I had to rewatch the game immediately afterwards since it may be the greatest comeback the team will ever have. I'm happy to have watched it twice. There were also so many phenomenal plays throughout. Each player found ways to contribute in the come from WAY behind victory.
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:36 AM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Amazing win, gotta love the effort out of these guys tonight! I saw they were down 22 at halftime and cringed, what a comeback!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #13
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think people realize how hard it is to come back from a 29-point defecit. If it were easy, it would have been done before! This is truly a special night in Mavericks history. This was the bunch that showed the moxie to get it done. Twenty-eight years before them, and nobody did it. These guys did tonight. That deserves accolades.

I guess the message-board types are on vacation and can't be bothered. It's a good thing our Mavs weren't in that same mode. What a great win tonight!
F*@kin' A!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
F*@kin' A!!!!
Let's be thankful that we aren't relying on those message board types tonight. I'm sure they are sipping Spanish champagne and laughing at the rest of us. F 'em, is what I like to say.

Last edited by mary; 12-31-2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: because Chum likes to say it alot lately
Old 12-31-2008, 01:57 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This team is something special when Dirk, Kidd, Howard and Terry click...

Great second half! Great game to watch! (for those of us who stuck through it...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 AM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

Who sits down to watch a game and doesn't watch the second half of it?

I am beginning to think that so-called Mavs fans get exactly what they deserve.

Esactly what they deserve.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 AM   #17
LonghornDub

Quote:
Who sits down to watch a game and doesn't watch the second half of it?

I am beginning to think that so-called Mavs fans get exactly what they deserve.

Esactly what they deserve.
That's what I'm saying.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM   #18
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This team is something special when Dirk, Kidd, Howard and Terry click...

Great second half! Great game to watch! (for those of us who stuck through it...)
And even better when Damp clicks with them as well as he did tonight. I'd like to give the other part of our two headed center some credit as well. Nice MONSTER DUNK for Diop!
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 AM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's be thankful that we aren't relying on those message board types tonight. I'm sure they are sipping Spanish champagne and laughing at the rest of us. Fuck 'em, is what I like to say.
hahaha

well if it makes you feel any better I've been in hawaii since the 13th and I've watched every Mavs game but one (not sure which one, somewhere in the middle we went out to a fancy dinner and I couldn't watch the game).

The second half of this game was one of the most enjoyable 24 minutes of basketball I've ever watched.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:39 AM   #20
hinzundkunz

hinzundkunz will become famous soon enough

So here I go, making my first real post a post-game post:
[please excuse my probably bad grammar, I'm just another german nowitzki-fan, but doing my best to not let it sound so]
More than 3hrs after this remarkable win, I'm getting down to earth slowly but there are still some thoughts on my mind, which may be interesting enough to be discussed here:
The RC-ejection? I don't think it was an intentional move by carlisle to get 2 techs(maybe one) and get ejected, but as you pointed out in the GDT-thread(#265), it played out pretty well for them, at least it appeared so to me. I would love to hear from someone, who saw the game in acceptable quality, if those hustle-plays in the second half have been o.k. or whether there was kind of utah'esque officiating after the ejection.
I mean, besides jet shooting the lights off and great overall team-effort in that stretch from early in the third to the end, there were not many calls/decisions against them.
Another thing I still wonder about, how seriously JJB is hurt? Anyone? I totally missed the situation.

I really would like to hear your thoughts and observations concerning this, as I always do, even if I'm not posting. So go ahead with those post-game-threads, at least I'll have a look at them.

oh, and as a matter of course: LET'S GO MAVS

Last edited by hinzundkunz; 01-01-2009 at 05:18 AM.
hinzundkunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 AM   #21
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Just watched the highlight - and DAMN these passes from Kidd weren't THAT spectacular seen in this crappy stream-thingy!

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 AM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinzundkunz View Post
The RC-ejection? I don't think it was an intentional move by carlisle to get 2 techs(maybe one) and get ejected, but as you pointed out in the GDT-thread(#265), it played out pretty well for them, at least it appeared so to me.
The Carlisle ejection was most definitely intentional. It's an old NBA coach method to fire you're team up. Actually, ex-mavs coach Don Nelson is probably the best ever at it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:14 AM   #23
hinzundkunz

hinzundkunz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The Carlisle ejection was most definitely intentional. It's an old NBA coach method to fire you're team up. Actually, ex-mavs coach Don Nelson is probably the best ever at it.
wow, so he's even more genius than I would have thought he is! At the time he did it,
I was hoping for a spark on the one side, but overall I was more pessimistic about such a long stretch without the HC. But what about the Assist.-Coach? How long is he in Dallas? You think Dallas-Team benefited a lot from his knowledge of his former team or was it more the uniting effect of being without the HC that willed them to the Win, and he was just doing what he thought RC would have done?

Last edited by hinzundkunz; 12-31-2008 at 03:53 PM.
hinzundkunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:00 AM   #24
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I didn't get to watch the game because of work, but I just watched the recap on NBA.com and my goodness... J Kidd was vintage tonight. How in the world did he thread that ball to Terry on the break? He has the amazing ability to know where a player is going to be before that player knows he's going to be there.

I'm bummed I wasn't able to see this one live, but man, again, those passes were beautiful.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:04 AM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great win. I watched the comeback gleefully while screaming fake German words at the tv.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-31-2008 at 04:07 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 AM   #26
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

My mind is blown.

That is maybe the most inspired 2 quarters of basketball the Dallas Mavericks have ever played.

Sweet jesus imagine what this team could be if they played like that all the time!

And you know the really crazy thing? I think someone said above that Dirk/Jet/JHo/Kidd were really clicking... but that's not true at all. Dirk/Jet/Kidd were really clicking and JHo was still a black hole. There were so many times he got the ball and put up bad shots when there was a wide open passer right next to him.

And yet they were STILL incredible even with JHo really only in sync with the rest about 50% of the time. JHo still put up great numbers and they were just flat out a amazing.

Go little Mavs. Most fun I've had watching a game in a long time.

Jason Kidd was just an artist tonight. The court was his canvas in the second half. He was a magician. Incredible. And big big props to Dirk, Jet, and Josh for the way they attacked the rim. All three were really driving in the lane. Even Josh, which was the shocking thing. Just fantastic. DO THIS EVERY NIGHT guys!!! Can't you see how amazing it is when you do?

I also really LOVED some of the stuff Damp was doing. You could tell he was really stepping up to bring some toughness. It's not all in the box scores, but when he was in there the guy had a presence. He was hardcore tonight. Even in the first half when they were sucking you could tell he was trying to drag them back out of it by just being tough.

Last edited by cinemablend; 12-31-2008 at 04:48 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:54 AM   #27
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Evidence that even though the team was playing fantastically Josh was still totally out of sync...

Here's his line:

23pts, 1 Reb, 3 Assists

That's pathetic. Josh Howard should be able to get more than 1 rebound, especially on a night like tonight.

JET had THREE rebounds. Singleton had 3 rebounds... and nothing else! Josh... 1.

Seriously, we really need to trade this guy. 23 points is nice, loved the way Josh was actively trying to get to the basket to score, but he really doesn't seem to fit at all into what the Mavs are doing anymore with Kidd. Not at all.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:01 AM   #28
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
While it is inexcusable to be trailing 29 points to the Wolves in the first place, coming back from that, and winning by 7, no matter what the team you are playing or you are, is spectacular. Coming back from a deficit like that is something the Mavs needed to regain their confidence. We are learning how to finish finally. If we're able to come back in situations like this, we can maintain 10 point half-time leads. It's all about the mentality. As long as we don't get too comfortable, and play aggressive, we can compete with anybody. The wolves weren't the best measurement, but the heart I felt this team had lost has reappeared, and in many cases, seems to dwarf the spirit seen by Los Angeles, Cleveland, and Boston.
you forgot to add Orlando with Los Angeles, Boston, and Cleveland. those four teams are the teams I see fighting to go to the finals. everyone else prob doesn't stand a chance
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #29
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Fri, Jan 2 Philadelphia 8:30 PM Fox Sports Southwest HD Tickets | Travel
Sun, Jan 4 @ Memphis 4:00 PM Fox Sports Southwest HD Tickets | Travel
Tue, Jan 6 LA Clippers 8:30 PM Fox Sports Southwest HD Tickets | Travel
Thu, Jan 8 NY Knicks 8:30 PM Fox Sports Southwest HD Tickets | Travel
Fri, Jan 9 @ Phoenix 10:30 PM ESPN
Tickets | Travel
Sun, Jan 11 @ Sacramento 9:00 PM Fox Sports Southwest HD Tickets | Travel
Tue, Jan 13 @ Denver 9:00 PM Fox Sports Southwest HD Tickets | Travel
The next 4 games are winnable. Then @Phoenix I think we have a chance to win. @ Denver is our next game where we have a good chance not to win. We really need to go on a roll right now. 25-13 would be nice after the next 7. In the Conference we're currently in 7th but only 1 game out of 3rd and 1 1/2 out of 2nd. A run like this could put us in the top 3.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-31-2008 at 06:34 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:13 AM   #30
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Chum - Thanks for starting this thread, and I agree, we do need to get the PGT scene sorted out.

Anyway, it was a phenomenal win last night. The oddest thing about it, though, is that when the Mavs ran off 10 straight points right after being down 29, I knew they would win the game. I just really never had any doubt. Of course, I am one of the most die-hard, optimistic Mavs fans there is, so perhaps my Mavs-colored glasses were on. In any event, it is an amazing feat -- one that has never been accomplished before. I think it will be a springboard for the Mavs into 2009. As James Singleton said in the post-game interview, "We started slow this year, but this team is really good. Things are about to get fun!"
Old 12-31-2008, 08:20 AM   #31
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I had a feeling when we were down 20+ in the first half that we'd come back. I really wasn't worried. Just as I wasn't worried about our comebacks against Toronto the past few years. Definitely a nice second half by the Mavs.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #32
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

haha, what the amazing game for us, beautiful comeback!
I went to bed at 3rd quarter, beacause we were down like 20 points.
so I had a dream that we will comeback and win it. So I woke up this morning, check the score.
Amazing!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #33
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

what a great game!
watched the replay on International League Pass just in
time for the comeback at the 8-9 minute mark in the third.
What a ride!
Kidd was phenomenal!!!
Highlight reel all the way.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Only the second game of the season I've been unable to watch (and I forgot to set my DVR, grrrrr) and I miss this. Dangit all.

As for the PGT, I've asked more than once for people to simply start a PGT for discussing the game whether someone like me or ddh starts it with a recap or not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #35
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Do we have any links to the post game coverage? I want to see RC's reaction to our win
And was that really intentional to get himself thrown out? That is unbelievable!

and here is a small highlight clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvCRmZDtU8

Last edited by RareMilk; 12-31-2008 at 09:08 AM.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to love TIVO and Mavericks comebacks... and the mute button. This team has shown that it does have some fight left in it... now, for once as of late, they need the front office to help this team out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:52 AM   #37
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Only the second game of the season I've been unable to watch (and I forgot to set my DVR, grrrrr) and I miss this. Dangit all.

As for the PGT, I've asked more than once for people to simply start a PGT for discussing the game whether someone like me or ddh starts it with a recap or not.
It's ok. At least you don't have to bear the fact that you were at the game but left at halftime...
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #38
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing has been said about how Damp played.......Wow

Possibly the best half I have ever seen Damp play. He played fired up, and cleaned glass, and dunked with ferocity.
Vintage Kidd. They would have never done this with Devin at the helm. I can see the argument that they wouldn't have had to with Devin running things, but IMO, they couldn't have had a comeback like this without Kidd.

Terry shot lights out, and Dirk and JHo were there usual good selves.

Wright and Diop seemed to help a little.

This game seemed ripe for Green, but I didn't see him -- at least not during the second half when I started paying attention.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:07 AM   #39
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

We play to 30 points at my gym. 29 is a lot.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #40
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Last night I was working the concessions at the AAC, so I didn't get to watch any of the game until I came home and watched what my son managed to record...the 2nd half.

I can tell you that the energy from the fans in the arena was something else that 2nd half.

Folks were coming up buying food and drinks the first half and they were down in the dumps. I had no idea of how bad the score was, but as folks brought their kids up, I was high fiving the kids and telling them not to worry, because they were here the 2nd half would be different. I was just trying to help make the experience for the kids a bit more fun...rather than just giving them hot dogs and cokes.

Anyway, at one point I took a break and stepped into the corridor...I could hear the play by play of "Coop" talking about the Mavs and the run they were on which was an 21-2 at the time...I checked the score board and saw that they were down by 10.

I walked back into the stand and told the other folks working..."How bad do you have to be to go on a 21-2 run and still be down by 10."

Then I went back to working the stand...I didn't know the score until it was 105-100 Dallas, late in the game.

But what I could hear was the fans...they were loud last night. The loudest I have heard them this season...then the spill over as folks were leaving the arena was pretty cool!!!

I had to run home and check out the highlights...when I got home and my son said he had the 2nd half recorded...I sat back and enjoyed some great Dallas Basketball!!!

That was a fun comeback to watch.

Hopefully this sparks this team to take this season in a new direction...one that brings the Mavs up from trying to make the playoffs to actually contending for a title!!!

Conspiracy or not...this team just might get me to believe again!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
greatest comeback ever, mavs > sex, mavs "fans" leave early, mavs pwn ur face, not eating at aac again