Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #1521
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe Horford is even mentioned here. He's 33 and wouldn't come close to earning that 4/100+mm. It's laughable but I hope a team from the West makes that mistake.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #1522
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Mavs offer Harrison Barnes and Wes Matthews our available cap this summer... Who says no? And what's the body count?
You laugh now, but don't be shocked if Matthews is back on a vet min or smaller/shorter deal. If not, you hope someone throws him a multi-year deal at a price the Mavs FO wouldn't sniff.

Last edited by saclare; 06-19-2019 at 10:53 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #1523
pocman

pocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I can't believe Horford is even mentioned here. He's 33 and wouldn't come close to earning that 4/100+mm. It's laughable but I hope a team from the West makes that mistake.
Obviously not at this price, but for a lower price with a degressive contract (e.g. 20/20/10/10 I think he would be a great addition, particularly if we don’t manage to land a young tier 1 guy.
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #1524
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Memphis traded Conley to Utah for Korver, Crowder, Grayson Allen and #23 this year and a future first.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #1525
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Memphis traded Conley to Utah for Korver, Crowder, Grayson Allen and #23 this year and a future first.
Poor Crowder. That guy can't even unpack his suitcase.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #1526
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Counterpoint: he got traded away from Utah, which is extremely terrible
Old 06-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #1527
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
Obviously not at this price, but for a lower price with a degressive contract (e.g. 20/20/10/10 I think he would be a great addition, particularly if we don’t manage to land a young tier 1 guy.
I wouldn't even do that deal. I'd prefer Dedmon and young potential like Kostas. There's a good chance that Horford is dead money waiting to happen.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #1528
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I’m going off of nothing but pure opinion, but I feel like Horford is a full season away from falling off a cliff. Either way we can’t afford him anyway.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #1529
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ZackMFFL: Just now on @1033fmESPN @espn_macmahon on Horford... “I can speculate, pretty certain that it is not the Mavs. They were surprised he’s going to be on the market. I do not believe it's Dallas."

@ZackMFFL: More on Kemba -

"A lot of this depends on how much CHA is willing to put on the table. Are they willing to pay the tax for what is a mediocre team? He's got $221M reasons for CHA to be his first option.

"How does his age match up with the #Mavs timeline? They feel like Kemba Walker would be a huge piece in that direction towards the playoffs."

"Tobias Harris a guy who is more Plan 1A.”

@ZackMFFL: "Most likely scenario, yes they have interest in Pat Beverley. Yes, Duffy wants to see his clients playing together."

"Are looking for more of a banging-type center. A Robin Lopez-type. Derrick Favors would've been a great fit for the #Mavs

@ZackMFFL: "Probably the most likely scenario is Dallas signing 2 or 3 starter-type players at this point."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-19-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #1530
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I’m going off of nothing but pure opinion, but I feel like Horford is a full season away from falling off a cliff. Either way we can’t afford him anyway.
I don’t watch a ton of Celtics game, but I’ve always thought Horford played an old man’s game that doesn’t rely on athleticism.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #1531
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"Tobias Harris a guy who is more Plan 1A.”
Harris shouldnt be any Plan at all, Philly overpaid for his bird rights, they are going to use his bird rights to outbid everyone else.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #1532
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Like Horford a lot as a player but his age makes it an immediate no
Old 06-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #1533
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Interesting..it’s says Mavs are the FAVORITE

Other than age, I am not sure why anyone thinks that’s Al is not a good fit. Even with his age, he is a great fit for probably for 2-3 years and I would hope that it will be a 3 year deal. He is unselfish, good offense, rebounder and defender. He pretty much fits well with any team because of his skill set.

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, the Mavs are considered the favorites to sign Horford, while the L.A. teams are "said to also have interest, though they both have their sights set on bigger fish like Kawhi Leonard."

Last edited by AO41; 06-19-2019 at 01:46 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #1534
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Like Horford a lot as a player but his age makes it an immediate no
I understand being hesitant but a NO?

We cant have all 20 year olds and expect to win. Our goal should be playoffs and competing towards a title over he next 2-3 years with Luka and KP. I think people underestimate how good the Mavs will be with those 2 and we need SOLID veterans and other players. There are very few that can bring what Al brings even if with his age that mean for 2-3 years.

Last edited by AO41; 06-19-2019 at 01:55 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #1535
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@townbrad: Smoke billowing on the Horford-Mavs front, but not yet seeing flames. Hard to imagine Mavs forking over most of their salary cap space to a 33-year-old center, even one of Horford’s caliber. But it certainly would help them make a quantum leap, short-term.

@ZackMFFL: No disrespect to anyone who thinks this, but why would Al Horford turn down $30M in guaranteed money if he felt he needed to leverage another deal? You don't turn down that much money unless something else is already in the bag or really close.

@TylerAtoms: Al Horford has the same agent as Jrue Holiday. He once used the Mavs as leverage to get Jrue the max in New Orleans. I fear he is doing the same with the Mavs, again.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #1536
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I understand being hesitant but a NO?

We can have al 20 year olds and expect to win. Out goal should be playoffs and competing towards a title over he next 2-3 years with Luka and KP. I think people underestimate how good the Mavs will be with those 2 and we need SOLID veterans and other players. There are very few that can bring what Al brings even if with his age that mean for 2-3 years.
I agree with this, although I share some hesitation about the contract demand.

But let's consider the positive for a moment....

A veteran with leadership ability
A floor spacing big man who can shoot the 3-ball and rebound
Not afraid to defend
Good locker room guy

So the issue is how you structure a contract that can't kill you in years three and four. I really don't know how much fans should be willing to see this happen, but if the front office is willing to go there, it's because they see Horford as "perfect" as a teammate, veteran, and player. He would check all the boxes.

Last edited by JJP; 06-19-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #1537
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Horford is perfect other than age. He provides superstar value without needing superstar touches(the third guy in a big 3 is always gonna be diminished in terms of touches anyway) there was a divide between people who wanted a power big to keep kp from having to guard the embiids and the jokics of the world and people who wanted a more switchable pick and roll defender. Embiid is both, he's also a guy who can either roll or shoot and is an elite passer. As a player there is not a better fit im the league with luka and kp than horford
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #1538
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

if they sign Horford to a multiyear deal they shouldnt extend Powell. regarding 2021.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #1539
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
@townbrad: Smoke billowing on the Horford-Mavs front, but not yet seeing flames. Hard to imagine Mavs forking over most of their salary cap space to a 33-year-old center, even one of Horford’s caliber. But it certainly would help them make a quantum leap, short-term.

@ZackMFFL: No disrespect to anyone who thinks this, but why would Al Horford turn down $30M in guaranteed money if he felt he needed to leverage another deal? You don't turn down that much money unless something else is already in the bag or really close.

@TylerAtoms: Al Horford has the same agent as Jrue Holiday. He once used the Mavs as leverage to get Jrue the max in New Orleans. I fear he is doing the same with the Mavs, again.
There's got to be a market for him, I mean if he gets a minimum 2-50 that's a win. Who knows what he'll get in summer of 2020. In addition, he sat in that lockerroom with Boston the entire year, given what Kyrie said about the kids, it was not good. I don't think he'll be a Chris Paul and go with a money grab, he'll find the best situation and if it's 25 per over multiple seasons....it's a solid business decision.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:02 PM   #1540
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone interested in Rubio?

He's suddenly available
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #1541
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post

He's suddenly available
Nope. cant shoot. There is a reason the Jazz gave up on him as a win now team
Old 06-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #1542
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

He's suddenly available
Indy is interested as a side kick to Oladipo's high volume shots. His man defense that is a major need next to Luka, is horrid, he's better as an off ball defender. I'd pass. Beverly is a much better fit.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #1543
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Horford is a great basketball player and a huge difference maker in all phases of the game. But if they do sign him I sure hope its for no more than 3 years (or 4th year option)

Not sure I believe the rumors, but if its true MBT thinks we are much closer to contention than most of us.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #1544
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Horford at 30 is a perfect fit, but you could see signs of decline already this season. Don't see the Mavs having any real interest in such a big contract for him.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #1545
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Horford at 30 is a perfect fit, but you could see signs of decline already this season. Don't see the Mavs having any real interest in such a big contract for him.
I don't think he's a perfect fit. It's hard to visualize who will guard quick 4's when Horford and KP are on the court. And the league is moving to very quick 4's

The Athletic had a piece on this very subject a few days ago.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:15 PM   #1546
Underdog

@townbrad: League source’s texted reply when asked if Horford-Mavs reports are accurate: “Not really.”

No elaboration or reply, as of yet, to follow-up. Interpret as you will.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #1547
MFFL
Guru

Plus everything I've read on Horford indicates that he wants a ring REALLY bad. I think he'd be more likely to go to a more established team
Old 06-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #1548
JJP

Quote:
Plus everything I've read on Horford indicates that he wants a ring REALLY bad. I think he'd be more likely to go to a more established team
I thought the same thing, but I couldn't think of any team willing to go that far for the contract he wants. One writer made the point that it's hard to imagine the Nets getting Horford if Kyrie is also going to the Nets. I can't imagine that pair reuniting.

I think the Clippers and Lakers have bigger free agents in mind for that price. Who's left that would take on that contract?
Old 06-19-2019, 04:30 PM   #1549
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Horford’s gonna end up putting himself in quasi-Cousins territory with his salary want’s. There won’t be a lot of suitors (maybe zero) with the combination of things he wants
Old 06-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #1550
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t get the interest for the Mavs with Horford... Doncic and Powell are smaller and both are better rebounders (in terms of Rebounds per 48) as he hasn’t averaged more than 7.4 rpg in over 5 years and, while he would clearly be a great leader with solid defense, he’s pretty old and is regularly banged up (played only 29mpg with many games missed last year and likely to continue to drop).

Given KP isn’t exactly what I’d call a great rebounder, I would really think we should focus on rebounding for any big we sign, with other pros and cons being carefully weighed towards finding the best bang for our buck, especially if you’re wanting a close-to-max or max guy like Brogdon/Kemba/etc in the backcourt.

The more I think about it, the more I’d love a guy like Ed Davis, who I think really wants to start (and deserves to). If there’s ANY way you could pair him with Brogdon, KP and Luka, that would be a very strong team. If not, again, for rebounding purposes, solid D (albeit slower), and passing abilities, a guy like Vuvevic would be great, but now you’re going to be scraping the barrel on backcourt help, because you won’t fit Beverly in with him.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 06-19-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:29 PM   #1551
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

According to posters on Fish’s site, Shams said the Mavs are favorites to sign Horford in an interview, and Skin said on the radio that he is inclined to believe the reports of Mavs being in on Horford are true.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #1552
SMC0007
Guru

Wow. People getting incredibly desperate around here.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #1553
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

STEIN on 105.3 The Fan:
"I do NOT think the Mavs are favorites for Horford."
"It is NOT Dallas."
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #1554
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to hear Skin's take earlier on his show on the idea of signing Horford and Beverley and then acquiring Crowder.
Not a bad situation Beverley/Crowder/Luka/KP/Horford for the very short-term but not something I'd be overly excited about long-term considering our best players are 20 and 23.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-19-2019 at 05:52 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #1555
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
STEIN on 105.3 The Fan:
"I do NOT think the Mavs are favorites for Horford."
"It is NOT Dallas."
Stein: "History says free agency doesn't go the Mavs way, and Mavs fans should brace for that kind of summer."

"Pat Bev has fans in the Mavs organization and he's high on their list"

Old 06-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #1556
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wow. People getting incredibly desperate around here.
June 30th feels like forever away too.

I don't really care who we get at this point. I care about late October when we get to actually watch the team play again in games that count.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #1557
Underdog

@1053thefan: The team the Hornets are most afraid of when it comes to Kemba Walker is the Dallas Mavericks - @TheSteinLine right now on 105.3 The Fan: https://player.radio.com/listen/station/1053-the-fan

Last edited by Underdog; 06-19-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #1558
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stein: "History says free agency doesn't go the Mavs way, and Mavs fans should brace for that kind of summer."
Oh we braced
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #1559
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
@1053thefan: The team the Hornets are most afraid of when it comes to Kemba Walker is the Dallas Mavericks - @TheSteinLine right now on 105.3 The Fan: https://player.radio.com/listen/station/1053-the-fan
Great news!
Old 06-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #1560
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Pretty sure all the Hornets have to do is offer more money to Walker and he stays, so I wouldn't get too excited.

Tags
win now