Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all
Default Playoff match ups

Who do you want to play against during the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs? I would want to face the SPURS during the 1st round then the JAZZ on the 2nd round, they could still pass DEN for the 3rd place.

You?
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

definitely not the jazz that's for sure. i'd like to see whoever the 8 seed is in the first round, maybe phoenix or OKC in the second round, and whoever in the WCF, most likely nuggets or lakers but ideally they both get upset before that. then face the bucks in the finals.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
definitely not the jazz that's for sure. i'd like to see whoever the 8 seed is in the first round, maybe phoenix or OKC in the second round, and whoever in the WCF, most likely nuggets or lakers but ideally they both get upset before that. then face the bucks in the finals.
Id prefer Chicago
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Portland or San Antonio. I guess we match up better with San Antonio but I think Portland is a weaker team. And Deron Williams is a very tough matchup for Kidd. I'd actually prefer playing LAL in second round. Not going to happen so I'll take the Nuggets then.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The #8 seed.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
The #8 seed.
This.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Get the 1st seed, play Portland or SA 1st round, Play phoenix or Utah 2nd round. Let Lakers and Denver to deplete each other and face the banged up winner in WCF.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #8
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping realism in check. SA, then Utah, then LA, then Orlando.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #9
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone but Utah. That team is a nightmare matchup for us.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Anyone but Utah. That team is a nightmare matchup for us.

Not really. We are 1-2 vs. them, but I think both losses were on the tail-end of b2bs. I'd rather play Utah before LA and Denver. Historically we beat them in Dallas, they beat us in Utah. Presumably we'd have home court...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Not really. We are 1-2 vs. them, but I think both losses were on the tail-end of b2bs. I'd rather play Utah before LA and Denver. Historically we beat them in Dallas, they beat us in Utah. Presumably we'd have home court...
We don't match up well with big time point guard teams. Deron Williams is too quick for anyone on our team to guard and he is too strong for Beaubois as well. Okur and Boozer will take out our bigs and force them to guard the perimeter more. We definitely want Denver or LA. Just not the Jazz.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This thread = Bad mojo.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #13
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
We don't match up well with big time point guard teams. Deron Williams is too quick for anyone on our team to guard and he is too strong for Beaubois as well. Okur and Boozer will take out our bigs and force them to guard the perimeter more. We definitely want Denver or LA. Just not the Jazz.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If you'd rather face LA or Denver in the playoffs, then you're crazy.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 AM   #14
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If you'd rather face LA or Denver in the playoffs, then you're crazy.
Remember the Golden State Warriors in 07? Matchups are underrated. Every team has their 1 or 2 teams that they want to avoid. I believe the Lakers are us, Nuggets are the Lakers, and the Jazz are Nuggets or Lakers. I don't think we matchup as poorly to the Jazz as the Warriors of 07 but it isn't pretty on paper.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Remember the Golden State Warriors in 07? Matchups are underrated. Every team has their 1 or 2 teams that they want to avoid. I believe the Lakers are us, Nuggets are the Lakers, and the Jazz are Nuggets or Lakers. I don't think we matchup as poorly to the Jazz as the Warriors of 07 but it isn't pretty on paper.
Clearly the Lakers are royally screwed if they face Charlotte in the Finals
Old 03-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #16
CadBane
Banned

Utah is hardly a matchup nightmare or anything. They haven't played us since the trade. We lost one b2b at Dallas, beat them once, and the third game at Utah we were winning but had a 4th quarter meltdown. In one of the loses Deron had a really poor game. Denver and LA are just simply much tougher matchups, especially in the playoffs. It'd not like Utah is a team that just has our number. Didn't we take the season series the last 2 years?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #17
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
This thread = Bad mojo.
right on

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #18
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Our kryptonite has always been extremely fast and aggressive point guards who can drive with insane amounts of speed and also have range.

Examples:

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Tony Parker*

* = since we have pretty favorable match ups at all other positions, Tony Parker isn't a huge issue. In last years playoffs, he scored a lot, but the rest of the team couldn't really contribute.

Anyway, the problem comes when the quick guard has some help around him ... like Deron Williams with Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, etc.

Being realistic ... I think the west will end up being exactly the same way as it is right now.

Lakers
Mavs
Nuggets
Jazz
Suns
Thunder
Spurs
Trailblazers

I actually like our odds playing the Spurs and then the Nuggets. Whether the Nuggets get the Thunder or the Suns, I am sure both of those series will be tiring. It will not be like the New Orleans series of last year. The Spurs, for us, will be like last year. They have Ginobili this time, but he has lost a step. Parker is out for six weeks with a hand injury. Duncan is old ... etc.

Against the Nuggets ... assuming they are healthy, I think we have pretty favorable match ups this time around. Both Marion and Butler can guard Anthony. Kidd is just as crafty as Billups. Haywood will be a much better match against Nene than Damp is. I think we have a great chance this time around.

So ... Spurs ... then Nuggets ... then we'll have to play the Lakers, and then while I'd love for us to play Cleveland, I'd much rather play Orlando.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #19
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Spurs got Ginobili and Jefferson to help out Parker this year though. I think that would be a tough series. I think we'll win it but I'd rather face the Trailblazers if possible. Andre Miller will not have a 51 point game again against us. That was an amazing game from him though.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post

Against the Nuggets ... assuming they are healthy, I think we have pretty favorable match ups this time around. Both Marion and Butler can guard Anthony. Kidd is just as crafty as Billups. Haywood will be a much better match against Nene than Damp is. I think we have a great chance this time around.
Watching their game tonight with the Blazers, I think you've gotta go the route with let him get his...shut everyone else down or try to. Don't commit double teams and just pick your poison. He's quick and he adapts to whoever is guarding him. They like to run up and down and they hit 3s...the zone probably won't fair too well against Denver b/c of that. You can't protect right at the 3 point line you've gotta be ready to go out by another 2-3 feet, they've got serious range. You can't forget about their shot-blockers, they're always lurking.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-08-2010 at 02:42 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #21
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spurs got Ginobili and Jefferson to help out Parker this year though. I think that would be a tough series. I think we'll win it but I'd rather face the Trailblazers if possible. Andre Miller will not have a 51 point game again against us. That was an amazing game from him though.
The Mavs would pound the Spurs into brutal submission if the two met in the playoffs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 AM   #22
CadBane
Banned

The Mavs have shown nothing to demonstrate we now match up favorably with the Nuggests. Some people are really jumping the gun on that. Our next game against them will be a nice barometer.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #23
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Ginobli is a step slow and you can tell, he just has lost some of his quickness with his injuries, also Parker isn't scoring as much this year. Mavs would win in 5
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #24
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

We'll get through the first round regardless of the opponent. I want the Nuggets on the second. Revenge.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #25
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Ginobli is a step slow and you can tell, he just has lost some of his quickness with his injuries, also Parker isn't scoring as much this year. Mavs would win in 5
Isn't Parker out for the rest of the season? I would live this match up.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #26
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

This years playoffs will be all about health.

Will Parker back and healthy? How tired are Duncan and Gino?

Whats with Kenyons knee?

Kobes finger?

So right now lets just race for the #1 or at least #2 and then we will see.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #27
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

You know going around the web got me really disappointed in some of our fellow Mav fans out there. Some of us flat out just don't believe in this team, for some reason folks are scared as hell of the Okc Thunder, scared of the Jazz, scared of the Nuggets and scared of the Lakers. I don't know why folks can't see the light: We are one of the best teams in the league, when we're playing our best basketball no one can beat us. No one.

And this is not false hope or anything, I can just feel it. I can see it in our guys that they will always find a way to win. Its not like in previous years where we would win games that we really should have lost, games were we would be play soft, and games were we would be the ones beating ourselves. This team is legit, I know for a fact that if we lose in the playoffs we are gunna go out swinging. We are a very solid basketball club, we have good coaching, great players, we're tough, we have athleticism, and we have heart. There is no reason why we can't win a championship, and there is no reason why fans shouldn't believe in this team. And for those fans who still don't believe in this team just wait till the playoffs, the Dallas Mavericks will shock the world!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #28
kchan

kchan is on a distinguished road

Couldnt really care less who the Mavs face as long as they win.

However, I dont think the Denver matchup (if it happens) is a sure win. I see that thing going the distance. Although I'd hope that comes in the WCF.
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #29
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
And this is not false hope or anything, I can just feel it.
If I got a nickle for every time I thought something awesome was going to happen simply because I could feel it, then...um, never mind...

That said, we're legit and don't have to fear any team at all as long as we're lucky enough to stay healthy. However, the road to a championship is very long and full of potential obstacles (or that's just me not wanting to be overly optimistic in order to not be totally down in case of defeat).
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #30
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

I would want to face the Spurs or the Trailblazers in the 1st for a quick sweep and a team like PHX in the 2nd round might go 5 or maybe 6. Then of course you'd eventually have to face Denver/LA and i'll definitely want LA.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
You know going around the web got me really disappointed in some of our fellow Mav fans out there. Some of us flat out just don't believe in this team, for some reason folks are scared as hell of the Okc Thunder, scared of the Jazz, scared of the Nuggets and scared of the Lakers. I don't know why folks can't see the light: We are one of the best teams in the league, when we're playing our best basketball no one can beat us. No one.

And this is not false hope or anything, I can just feel it. I can see it in our guys that they will always find a way to win. Its not like in previous years where we would win games that we really should have lost, games were we would be play soft, and games were we would be the ones beating ourselves. This team is legit, I know for a fact that if we lose in the playoffs we are gunna go out swinging. We are a very solid basketball club, we have good coaching, great players, we're tough, we have athleticism, and we have heart. There is no reason why we can't win a championship, and there is no reason why fans shouldn't believe in this team. And for those fans who still don't believe in this team just wait till the playoffs, the Dallas Mavericks will shock the world!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #32
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

How about a parade?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #33
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Our kryptonite has always been extremely fast and aggressive point guards who can drive with insane amounts of speed and also have range.

Examples:

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Tony Parker*

* = since we have pretty favorable match ups at all other positions, Tony Parker isn't a huge issue. In last years playoffs, he scored a lot, but the rest of the team couldn't really contribute.

Anyway, the problem comes when the quick guard has some help around him ... like Deron Williams with Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, etc.

Being realistic ... I think the west will end up being exactly the same way as it is right now.

Lakers
Mavs
Nuggets
Jazz
Suns
Thunder
Spurs
Trailblazers

I actually like our odds playing the Spurs and then the Nuggets. Whether the Nuggets get the Thunder or the Suns, I am sure both of those series will be tiring. It will not be like the New Orleans series of last year. The Spurs, for us, will be like last year. They have Ginobili this time, but he has lost a step. Parker is out for six weeks with a hand injury. Duncan is old ... etc.

So ... Spurs ... then Nuggets ... then we'll have to play the Lakers, and then while I'd love for us to play Cleveland, I'd much rather play Orlando.
Sounds good for me. First the Spurs, then Denver or the Thunder (the winner will be tired I assume) and the Lakers in the Finals. I think that the Jazz could LA serious problems in the 2nd round, respectively at least some fits. IF we reach the finals, I would rather prefer Orlando than Cleveland. LBJ will have a parade at the charity stripe. Okay, probably Dwight as well, but he's a lousy free throw shooter.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-08-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #35
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

are we really having this conversation?

1. Finish the season with a top 3 seed with everyone healthy.

2. There isn't one.

I don't see how we have gone from a 11 game winning streak, where the majority have been poor excuses for an NBA team, toooooooooo beating the Lakers and contemplating who we want to meet in the finals. Have you thought about how hard it will be to get to the conference finals?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #36
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Curious tiebreak rule I found: If the Mavs win their division then they'll automatically have the tiebreak against a non-division winner (such as the Jazz).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...ff-tie-breaker
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
premature threadulation