Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...i'm gonna go with Juwan howard..even though he was acquired via trade
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2002, 04:46 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

There have been some BAADDD players come through this town. I'm probably going to have to go with Manning. He's a smart veteran player who simply couldn't do the job because his body has failed him.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:48 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hold, not pickups, but the worst free-agent signings are a tie between that horrible inexplicable Tarpley deal and the 2001 Shawn Bradley Money Party.

Worst free-agent acquisition...gonna go with Quinn Buckner.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

How about Tarpley's last stint here in Dallas. Man what a waste of time.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:50 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

The re-signing of Bradley.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:50 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Since you're going to do trades, then I think Eric Montross was a huge mistake, especially considering the pick we gave up for him.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:50 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i think manning is so cheap that i wouldn't think of putting him high on the list
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:12 PM   #8
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

i was so excited when we picked up manning- and i still am... i would definitely want a guy with that much experience and smarts on my team
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:14 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Ralph Drollinger.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I like Manning as well. I'm going to have to go with re-signing Bradley as the worst.

How about Dale Ellis for Al Wood as a bad trade. Ellis was damn good for a pretty long time. Motta just wouldn't play him much.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:24 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I didn't think so at the begginning of the year, but I see the light now as they say. Bradley has to be the worst free agent signing.

Um, Rodman must be considered.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

What ever happened to the insultingly underpaid Dennis Scott?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 06:00 PM   #13
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

My vote for worst free agent signee is Radisav Curcic. He cost Allen Stone his Mavs broadcasting job. At the time it was tough calling Mavs games as they were winning 11 games and 13 games and like that. This one game Curcic got the ball in the low post and he was sooo slooow that Stone says, "now that was a glacier-like move." It was true but you don't knock the product. His contract was not renewed.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:26 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

How about Tarpley's last stint here in Dallas. Man what a waste of time.

This was exactly my thought when I read the title of this thread.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:27 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

MavKiKiNYC- You nominated Ralph for best and worst?

LOL

Doc
Old 02-25-2002, 10:44 PM   #16
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Drollinger. He really was one of the best signees and the worst. A highly sought after big man chose Dallas and then was an amazing bust.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:37 AM   #17
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Tarpley - II

no doubt.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:55 AM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

ahhh.

the worst "almost" free agent signing in the history of dallas

stanley roberts.

the mavs actually signed him to an offer sheet, but the clips matched.

thank goodness for small miracles.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:21 AM   #19
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Hot Rod Williams
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:05 PM   #20
Scrack

Scrack is on a distinguished road

Oliver Miller
Old 02-26-2002, 11:07 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

Scrack might have named the winner.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:42 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Tough call...there are some real busts on this list!