Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2002, 07:10 AM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I was at work when the game was going on so I had to watch it on tape. As I was playing it back, already knowing the score, I was paying attention to other aspects of the game. On the FSSW broadcast with 4:48 on the clock and the score, NJ 99 and Mavs 97, they panned the Mavs bench. I had to run the tape back to see for sure, but there was a scene of Del and Donnie. What struck me was the vantage point of this young Mavs employee sitting directly behind them and between them at the same time. He was sitting there with his ball cap on and a bunch of Gatorade cups. Talk about the best seat in the house. It was certainly as good as the head coach. And he was getting paid for it, from the looks of it. Now if we could get that guys views on the forum, I'm sure he has some up close and personal tales to tell. He was right in there in the midst of the action. I would love to have seats like that to the game. They appear to be paying him to sit on the bench. Of course there is work involved but for a young guy, it doesn't look like you could beat it as far as jobs go for a Mavs fan.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2002, 09:58 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, that would be a GREAT gig.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:46 AM   #3
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

i'm going to go on record and predict that realbandwaggoner says those are his seats before he gets a chance to say it.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:17 PM   #4
David
Golden Member

THIS guy looked intelligent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 08:09 PM   #5
David
Golden Member

The Gatorade Giver got plenty of face time on TV last night against the Griz. I wonder if they need an assistant Gatorade Giver. Nothing too strenuous. Perhaps something in the supervisory field.

"Hand Dirk some of that Gatorade, will ya Bud. There's a good lad."
"Hand it to him yourself, you old #@*%#@*%!"

Well, maybe not.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:58 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote