Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Grizz are coming off a loss at home to the Clips. Brand pulled a Dirk on 'em with 23 rebounds.

Gasol/Dirk match up should be fun to watch. New guys will probably be alittle more relaxed. And if I heard right, Jason Williams won't play.

So it should be an easy win.

Grizz 93
Mavs 109

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

So it should be an easy win.

I seem to remember K. Garnett not playing and us stating the same thing. Let's not start counting chickens before we fry and eat them (or something like that).
GO MAVS!!!

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 12:15 AM   #3
Dallas J

Dallas J is on a distinguished road

Mavs 115
Griz 95

Dirk 30pts 15rbs
Fin 21pts
NVE 20pts 7assists
Nash 15pts 8assists
Raef 17pts 5rbs

Nash only plays 25mins to get some rest. We dominate and look forward to tear apart our next opponet the Heat.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:19 AM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hopeful for a win but I quit thinking any game was an easy one a long time ago. Hopefully the Mavs can cruise and rest Nash. Dirk should have a big night tomorrow.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 12:19 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope the Mavs pull out a win tomorrow night. I mean, can you imagine all the kneejerking smack everyone will be posting if NVE and Lafrentz stink it up tomorrow night and the Mavs get blown out?

Heheh always an optimist I am [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 12:25 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's only hope it doesn't happen...if it does, we'll have our own gourmet back in here knee jerking all over the place..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:15 AM   #7
OzDirkFan

OzDirkFan is on a distinguished road

- Dirk will take Gasol to school for yet another 20/20 performance
- Najera, Wang, AJ, Esch, and Newman will start the 4th quarter
- Easy win for the mighty Mavs: 120-95
Old 02-26-2002, 02:21 AM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I agree with you OzMavs except I am predicting a different 4th quarter starting lineup. This is a lineup I have to see just once this year.
PG: Dirk
SG: Raef
SF: Wang
PF: EE
C: Bradley

Now that is a big lineup.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:35 AM   #9
OzDirkFan

OzDirkFan is on a distinguished road

LOL. Now THAT is an awesome line up!!! Dirk and Raef at 1 and 2? I'm still rolling on the floor...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 02:48 AM   #10
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

If Dirk can get another big rebounding game then I will REALLY be impressed. Even moreso than I already am.

Don't count on this one though, Memphis has a talented team. They have Lorenzen Wright back I believe and Gasol is the second coming of Kevin McHale. I would agree to succumb to a loss at the hands of the Grizzlies if in return Gasol would show Dirk(and even Raef) some of his post moves so Dirk will be even stronger. Watch the Pau man, I'm tellin' ya, he is going to be something special.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:27 AM   #11
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

GRBH, it's funny you mentioned that.. I have x-box and I traded the players on there, so the Dallas Mavs team mimics the one we currently have.. I put that lineup in the other day. I had 25 blocks in the game and the real funny part was I was still out rebounded but I won by a lindslide. Dirk, Wang and Raef all had 6 three pointers a piece.

However the quickest lineup I had in was the small ball lineup. It was NVE, Nash, Griff, Buck and Fin. I always play on X-box the day before to see how it's going to turn out. Lastnight, blew the Grizz out 86-45.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:31 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Kid, I wouldn't rush out to Vegas and bet the "Under" if I were you. Something tells me there will be more scoring.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:36 AM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

CRAP! Just read this at the Morning News site. I hope the bobblehead jink is a myth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday is Steve Nash bobblehead day, with 1,000 of the dolls given away via a lottery system at the game.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:30 PM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Considering I only played 5 minute quarters I think that was pretty impressive scoring as much as I did.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:26 PM   #15
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Well, that extrapolates out to a 206-110 Mavs win. Sounds about right to me.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:44 PM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Wish they could face the Knicks with a lineup of:

PG: Dirk___v. Ward
SG: Raef___v. Jax
SF: Wang__v. Eisley
PF: EE____v. Spree
C: Bradley_v. Houston
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:46 PM   #17
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

What game are you playing? NBA Live or NBA Inside Drive?
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:56 PM   #18
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

These are the kinda games I don't like. Dirk and Fin could put up big numbers tonight but I think it'll be a blow out and they'll give the newbies lots of minutes. But the team comes before stats.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #19
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like games like this because the Mavericks sometimes have letdowns against weak opponents that they should beat.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

The Mavs are cruising right now. Finley is looking like an All-Star - rebounding and taking the ball to the hole.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:41 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

Finley has 16 points, 6 boards and 6 assists at the half. The Mavs can put this game away with a good third quarter.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:04 PM   #22
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm taking all bets... which Mavs will reach the triple double first? Dirk or Finley? Both have over 15 points... both have over 7 rebounds... both have over 6 assists.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

All three of the big three have a chance at a triple-double. They all have 6 or more rebounds and assists. Nash needs 2 more points.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:28 PM   #24
Bayliss

Love LaFrentz's hustle around the glass. He might not appear to be hustling because his rebounding numbers (only 6 tonight) but if you are watching the game you can see he has been around the ball **a lot**. I like players that don't give up on possessions. And he has that knack for pounding the glass.

And my goodness we spread the floor so well...
Old 02-26-2002, 10:40 PM   #25
MFFL
Guru

Just what I like - a nice boring win. Hopefully we can string some more wins together.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:41 PM   #26
Bayliss

And let's hope Utah stays on the roll they've been on and torch Sacremento tonight.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:13 AM   #27
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Figures I miss the game that Finley breaks out...

Good win for all the guys and 40 looks good on the Mavs.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:56 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nice game...kinda dull...
good to see finley getting hot..maybe it'll last for awhile.

kinda disappointing though..i hate having so much time off and the only game you have to think about is a laugher against the grizz
Old 02-27-2002, 05:31 PM   #29
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I was wrong about not having time to get big numbers. Fin played a good deal.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:18 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..but he played alot of minutes for 1 reason..nellie was trying to get him going again..get him in a groove..he wasn't in the game because it was close..just for fin's sake